Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
Having political cartoons in the OP continues to be very triggering

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

Nonsense posted:

NATO is expanding by inviting Montenegro. Isn't the regional situation around there tenuous still?

Not really, especially in the case of Montenegro which peacefully became independent in 2006 after a nationwide referendum. They have some really minor border disputes with neighboring countries, including Kosovo, but it's nothing serious or violent and NATO membership requires that really major disputes be settled before joining. Serbia is unlikely to be pleased though.

Domestically in Montenegro it's somewhat more complicated as NATO did bomb them during the Kosovo War, and a lot of the opposition is anti-NATO (but not all of them), and there have been recent violent protests calling for the government to resign and hold early elections. So this development may be an issue within Montenegro especially if the government doesn't hold a referendum as many have demanded.

Macedonia and Bosnia & Herzegovina are supposed to be next, I think.

:tito:

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

:eyepop:

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

"Sky wizard"

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

i am also a child can someone please explain to me the difference between explaining why something happened and justifying it? thank you.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I think I'll eat sushi today, cheers Erick.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

Watch Trump start a loving Intifada

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I would like to call for white genocide, thank you.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

Was the prisoner swap good, or was it bad?

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Is this a serious question?

Yes? I don't know very much about the Taliban!

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

Chris Hedges is a plagiarist.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

Radish posted:

I can't remember what happened with that dude who shot at the thieves stealing his neighbor's stuff? Some people REALLY want to kill someone legally and it's super creepy how normalized that's getting.

It happened in Texas, so a grand jury chose not to indict the shooter.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

There was an article about that recently. Someone used a rope swing on a rental property, it broke and killed someone, Airbnb said "not our property, not our problem!" after a week-long runaround and the homeowner's insurance didn't cover commercial use. I think they eventually got offered a refund. If it were a licensed hotel, the rope swing would have been inspected and either dismantled or repaired.

https://medium.com/matter/living-and-dying-on-airbnb-6bff8d600c04#.rj1vnixjx

It's pretty affecting stuff

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

There was also a would be AirBnB person who rented out his apartment to someone who threw an orgy at it, and he has since been blacklisted by NYC landlords and is essentially homeless now, lol.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

shrike82 posted:

Count me as a pretty happy user of airbnb and uber :shrug:

Kill you'reself

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

Disrupt landlords and start squatting

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I'm too busy posting in uspol to have friends, bub

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

Paging Joementum

http://www.npr.org/2015/12/15/459812699/why-the-politics-of-the-star-wars-universe-makes-no-sense

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

DemeaninDemon posted:

I'll add a key difference between now and your history lesson: nuclear weapons.

The rear end in a top hat who wins the GOP primary has a significant shot at commanding an arsenal of nuclear weapons capable of at least a mass extinction if not ending all life.

Yeah but we already let a guy whose brain had melted from Alzheimer's do that for a while and, while Reagan was terrible in nearly every way, global nuclear holocaust is not part of his legacy.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

No war but class war my brother

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

SnakePlissken posted:

Care to, shall we say, up the ante, as they say in the nuclear brinksmanship profession?

Barack Obama should nuke this gay earth as the final act of his presidency, ending mankind and averting global warming through nuclear winter

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

JT Jag posted:

Hey guys, have you ever stopped to consider the possibility that Donald Trump actually is the ubermensch: healthy as a track athlete teenager, has never been sick or suffered major injury, genius-level intellect, eidedic memory, 14 inch cock

Have you ever thought that maybe that's actually true, huh, huh???

No

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

Are y'all trying to troll Shkreli by calling him a Slav?

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

Albanians do not think of themselves as Slavs, is my point.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

Vox is middlebrow beltway centrism 99% of the time, but sometimes they post good articles.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I'm going to write in Bernie when I vote next November and the GOP president will be Donald J Trump. His VP will be adolf hitler.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

We must arm the moderate opposition, led by Prince Ali, against the dictator Jafar.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

What does that symbolize :psyduck:

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

Malmesbury Monster posted:

You'd think the evangelical candidate would be a little more wary of golden calves.

http://wonkette.com/403920/jesus-people-pray-that-false-idol-will-save-gods-economy this literally happened lol

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

Depending on his flavor of conservatism you could say that Russia has a flat tax. Do you want America to be like RUSSIA? But if he's a Putin admirer then it could backfire.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

The only thing that can stop a suicidal guy with a gun is a mental health professional with a gun

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

:eyepop:

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

Drones are bad, whether they kill American citizens or roast Yemeni weddings, because US military intervention in the Middle East never works, thank you for reading.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

Mulva posted:

gently caress that and gently caress you, giving food that is going to be thrown out to the hungry is not theft.

:capitalism:

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

Doesn't Minnesota have really bad income inequality between the races as well?

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

You don't even have to point to white kids playing with toy guns, white people who did literal mass shootings like James Holmes and Dylann Roof were not instantly gunned down by police, but instead taken alive.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I fully support spying on and antagonizing Israel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

The Insect Court posted:

So you're basically taking the Trump supporter position that rights(like the right to privacy) are only for people you like? And the NSA spying on legislators is totally cool with you because they're the (in your opinion) crappy ones?

Do you just not care that much about civil liberties and separation of powers or do you just really, really hate Israel?

I really, really hate Israel mate.

• Locked thread