Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

TheDisreputableDog posted:

So we completely ban automatic weapons like France and... wait-

what's your solution

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Dapper_Swindler posted:

well. when is he gonna call for deporting them.

tomorrow, probably

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

zoux posted:

HMMMM ARE THEY BUDDIES?

i couldn't believe this tweet was real

it's real though

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

posted yesterday but majorly pro-click if anyone didn't see it

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Pohl posted:

Yeah, which is why we need to raise interest rates! No one is sure why, but we really need to raise interest rates right loving now.

Are you drunkposting or something

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2015/12/17/pharma-bro-martin-shkreli-arrested-for-securities-fraud/?tid=sm_fb apologies if this was posted. more details on shkreli indictment:

"In one case, Shkreli allegedly told an investor that MSMB Capital had $35 million in assets. But at the time the value of the fund’s assets was just $700, according to the indictment." (that quote is from the related FB post, not the article apparently)

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Dead Cosmonaut posted:

Does anyone else want to whitesplain how anti-racism was a core tenant to the Democrat's ideology and how it was white people who liberated the black communities of America? I'm still waiting for that ridiculous answer.

And Wilson was also a huge racist and a sexist.

it's "tenet" not "tenant" in that context. not taking a side in the discussion, but that mistake drives me nuts

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
as always, scotus justices should be all the justification you need to vote for hillary. anything else is foolishness with the opinions the right-wingers on the court are spewing these days

(i've given several donations to the sanders campaign and am deeply disappointed in the direction his diehards have taken :\)

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Muscle Tracer posted:

Gosh, where could that idea have come from?

Why the gently caress would you specify whites if what you meant was poor people in general?

there is a pretty significant chasm between poor POC perception of the D party and poor white perception of the D party. this has been elaborated on in many articles in the past year, i suspect i don't really need to go find them for you. a focus on economic issues does not solve racism but it helps all people in important ways.

anyway, his point was that if the democratic party wants to get majorities in the house and senate, they need to work hard on their image with poor whites. their popularity and GOTV with that group is pretty disastrous.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/12/opinion/thomas-edsall-the-demise-of-the-white-democratic-voter.html
http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2014/11/can-we-talk-heres-why-white-working-class-hates-democrats
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...oo_closely.html

i can't find the one really good article about this from the last few months. I think it was in the new yorker or atlantic but my search skills fail me

emdash fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Dec 18, 2015

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Cugel the Clever posted:

Comes down more to a complete lack of faith in Hillary Clinton to be anything better than a right-of-center, warmongering, corporate stooge. Hard to tell whether people legitimately don't see it, or if they just don't care and handwave it away by comparison to the outright crazy-bonkers people in the GOP. The "lesser of two evils" schtick just never really did it for me.

do you really not care which SCOTUS justices get appointed when RBG/Breyer decide to quit and/or if Scalia/Thomas drop dead?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
http://www.mediaite.com/online/elderly-wisconsin-woman-claims-neighbors-chanted-isis-is-good-isis-is-great-during-sex/ "Elderly Wisconsin Woman Claims Neighbors Chanted ‘ISIS Is Good, ISIS Is Great’ During Sex" hahahaha

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

well he didn't actually refute the idea that he is a bad faith poster. guess everyone can stop replying to him now

(please stop replying to him)

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

I cited factual examples of why Obama's actions are way beyond the scope of historical precedent.

But no one likes to think about that so I must be trolling, I get it.

you think that's what this is about, but it's not. every time someone explains to you why you're wrong, you move the goalposts. that's bad faith posting at its worst.

and you refuse to answer questions others ask you, like the two times you were asked what we should have done instead with ISIS last page. :fuckoff:

emdash fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Dec 22, 2015

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Your whining and protestations are partisan and fake - clean your own house.

uh huh. and i'm sure yours aren't, and your house is sparkling. rofl

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

lol. kohl's is the most frumpy white people place to shop. nothing but no-iron dress shirts and granny turtleneck sweaters as far as the eye can see.

and really bad pants

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

radical meme posted:

So I should ignore it? Chalk it up to stupid people doing something stupid. Good advice. Consider it done.

if the choice is between 1) ignoring it, regardless of what you chalk it up to; 2) doing what you're doing; 3) sympathizing, you should choose option 3) if you aren't an absolute scumbag. but failing that, please stick to 1) because 2) is just embarrassing for you

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Xae posted:

Constantly being in the news and disrupting things let the Occupy Wall Street movement force through landmark legislation such as:

Blm has been dramatically more successful tho?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

SquadronROE posted:

Saw this on Facebook:

But clicking through only shows a ton of right wing links (mostly The Daily Caller) saying that this is the beginning of the end of the 2nd Amendment (hurray!). Anyone know more about it?

"California becomes the first state to allow family members to ask a judge to remove firearms from a relative who appears to pose a threat. Democrats proposed the legislation in response to a deadly 2014 rampage near the University of California, Santa Barbara. Victims' relatives said the parents of 22-year-old Elliot Rodger were blocked from seeking help for their troubled son before the rampage.

A separate new law requires that certain airsoft BB guns and pellet guns come with bright markings to distinguish them from real firearms.

Another law extends a ban on concealed weapons at K-12 schools and community colleges, removing an exemption that previously allowed people with concealed weapons permits to carry firearms on school grounds."

http://www.ksbw.com/news/new-california-laws-involve-equal-pay-gun-restrictions/37196740

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Oracle posted:

Did that car even come with seat belts?

waist belts only IIRC, i might be wrong though

• Locked thread