Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Willfrey posted:

yeah good point, plus poo poo gets buffed/nerfed so frequently would be a chore keeping it current

Don't get me wrong, I actually enjoy this game enough to do this... I may be a little broken.

A.o.D. posted:

Mist Lynx is a strong contender for the worst mech in the game. I sincerely and unironically enjoy the urban mech more, and perform better in it as well.

I can understand where you're coming from, but I can say with certainty that the Myst Lynx is better than all but maybe one Spider variant, and I legit have fun playing that cute little thing. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

A.o.D. posted:

The mist lynx is almost half the speed of the spider, and has less tonnage available for equipment and armor. It's really, really bad. Worse than any spider.

Challenge accepted!

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Marshall Louis posted:

Are Girl Power or WoL still active?

Yes, both are.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Hey GIRLs. Would any of you absolutely hate switching between Liao and Clan Bird periodically? I will take all answers into advisement but it will most likely not affect my decision in the end.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Pattonesque posted:

honestly I think we should do a constant tour of the Inner Sphere on one-week contracts

that way it gives newbirds (and everyone, really) a chance to get some extra mechbays in CW

This works, too. But we're not going Davion. :colbert:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

A.o.D. posted:

brb, having an apoplectic seizure.

loving goons. I actually liked AoD unlike the rest of you plebs. RIP in peace brother.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

armchairyoda posted:

Good call. Look out for my 8yr old, he'll camp you with the big roller until you ragequit.

:lol:

Washout posted:

Works fine with the 32bit client, just switch using the gearbox thingy in the patcher. 32bit is way more stable anyway.

It really varies depending on your hardware because BMR and I both got an amazing performance boost and increased stability when they released the 64bit. :pgi:

19 also said something about a 64bit mumble client at some point that would allow the overlay to work with MWO but I didn't bother looking it up.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Bentai posted:

AFAIK it's not a bannable offense, but if GM Patience or whoever gets a hair up their rear end, they'll probably point to the chat logs and say you've been repeatedly spamming in text chat.

http://pastebin.com/vuaXAsHW

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

ZenVulgarity posted:

Does PGI do refunds if you really hate a hero mech

As far as I know, yes. Say what you will about PGI, their customer support is actually really good.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Dreadwroth posted:

If I can't get an invite to GIRL I'm ok with WOL instead.

Everyone in GIRL has the ability to invite, so if you haven't gotten one from the people who usually do it they're probably busy and everyone else is just being a lazy gently caress.

TeeMerk posted:

So that makes it FWL, Steiner, FRR, Kurita then DAvhahahahahaha no.

You had me worried there for a minute.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

armchairyoda posted:

Give it back to BMR before Anita gets jealous of your new bromance.

Unless it's on sale, there are no good buys save one... Jade Falcon warhorn. And that is never on sale and stupid overpriced too.

Beraiye posted:

huh wut?

We have one fight...

Elliotw2 posted:

Who cares, mumble.goonrathi.com, password mellon

I was just asked not to put it in the OP. No one said not to post it. :v:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Or bug someone on mumble until they do it just to shut you up.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Kazvall posted:

What do you need autohotkey for? If you hold down the fire button they will not doublefire, but wait for the full timer to shoot again.

Yeah, AHK could go towards something way more useful. Like Girl Power.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
^^^Sure! It's nice you guys are asking for this stuff when I'm actually at a computer for once.

TeeMerk posted:

This is a good post and should go in the OP.

Don't tell me how to run my barely functional OP.

I added it because I wanted to.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

WebDO posted:

Careful friend, this kind of logical and analytical thinking is sedition in this thread apparently. God forbid you think to ask why :pgi: hasn't done anything to patch the vulnerability if they've known about it all this time :ohdear:

Everyone's opinion, logical and analytical or otherwise, is welcome in this thread. It's when someone comes off as a try-hard, egotistical pubbie or just an idiot pubbie (this is what happened here) when goons start torches and pitch forks.

HTH

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Krinkle posted:

From the OP or close enough, is this a fun gimmick? I want to be a plucky little gunboat. Also these links don't seem to work anymore.

Thanks for pointing this out, I'll fix it in just a moment and post the results.

Disclaimer: I don't fully remember how these were built and I've never run them, so Patton may yell at me.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

This game doesn't deserve you, bro.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I'd just open it to the public. There's nothing in this game (besides the valuable coffers :black101:) worth stealing or spying on, so all this security is unnecessary.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

TheParadigm posted:

Speaking of this, is there any reason mumble info isn't in the op?

I recall you saying offhand you were asked not to put it there, but is it that really a necessary thing anymore? I'm assuming it was leftover opsec from eve days and not the server owner going 'don't poo poo up the server because my bandwidth', anyway.

I think it was more of a "it's a goon server meant for goons which may be an opsec server at some point in the future so try to keep pubbies from making GBS threads it up" more than an actual opsec thing, which I completely understand.

TheParadigm posted:

can anyone recommend me some baby's first clan dropdeck?
I have 2 stormcrows, 1 hellbringer, 2 cheetas, 1 kit fox to work with.

On a related subject, what clan is GIRL currently with? Jade falcon still, or doing grand clan tour for bays??

What AoD said. We'll eventually get around to touring the clans and then back to CJF, as it should be, for a while.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

hemale in pain posted:

Can I get an invite to the goon unit? I think i got missed before :( my in-game name is nonesuch and I don't mind which unit

I actually had to log in and invite this person. Way to keep up with the invites dickweeds.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Stringbean posted:

Has all the newbirds been promoted so they can invite? If yes, then my bad. If not, there's the reason for invites not happening almost immediately.

I don't know about WoL, but everyone in GIRL is.

I expect better from proper ladies.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
That other goon group is going clan for some CW stuff this week, so we're gonna break off from IS and go back to our true place in the galaxy and play with them.

If you get to it before I do Beraiye/Patton/Zyph set our contract for Ghost Beer.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Raged posted:

WoL is touring Clan Space? Sweeeeeet.

Not WoL, GIRL.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Spades posted:

Cool - The unit invite says I'd be joining FFR, is that correct? I have broken my merc contract but it might take a while for that to take effect, apparently

It is, but we'll be going Ghost Panda tonight.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Drythe posted:

lol get hosed the rest of you

Great Beer posted:

Congrats, you forced a rule change. Goon victory.

:golfclap:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
:siren: No one set a contract for GIRL until told otherwise. :siren:

Seriously, if someone does I may get a hernia or sneeze in a salad bar.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Even PGI isn't dumb enough to try to correct it from people who have already purchased it, but we have :pgi: for a reason.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Holy gently caress :pgi:

I honestly didn't even see that coming. Good job giving them ideas, you bads.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

A.o.D. posted:

You mean all this time the locust WASN'T benefitting from its movement quirks??

Pattonesque posted:

some of the bad clan 'mechs get great accel/decel quirks -- MLX. IFR, ADR, KFX, SUM, GAR, EXE

:circlefap:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Brb, need to bind "WITNESS MEEEEE" to left mouse button.

:perfect:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

A Curvy Goonette posted:

turn on your monitor idiot. lmao, see you in the funny papers.

This is probably the most man-childish come-back I have ever seen on the internet.

Short of a twelve-year-old claiming to have hosed my mom, of course.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

A Curvy Goonette posted:

wow good for you, you want an award?

I would say yes, but I get the feeling you're taking this seriously.

Drythe posted:

Your mom had a come-back last night

Super 3 posted:

I bet his mom wants an award.

:saddowns:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Scoops posted:

yeah he really should have more respect for the retard talking about making this arena shooter more like a sim

This doesn't have anything to do with what I posted at all. Want to try again?

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Hey nerds. I just got back for the night before I go out again for ten more days. Let me know if there was anything that needs to be added/edited to the OP.

Also tell me the juicy stuff because I'm too lazy to read four pages.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

veedubfreak posted:

Russ and Paul are still retards.
Pubbies still only know how to lrm and snipe from 800 meters.

There, you're all caught up.

:cheers:

Pattonesque posted:

KODIAK (100 tons)
Clan BattleMech with a 400XL engine that lets it run at almost 70 KPH. Hero variant will be a clan Atlas and can run at 90 KPH for a short period of time with MASC. A lot will depend on where mounts are located, but it has a strong possibility of being better than the Dire Wolf.

:eyepop: That sounds amazing. IS finally having another medium with ECM seems about right. Thanks.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I'm back again. Tell me the juicy stuff.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
:yikes:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Cyrano4747 posted:

Why do we use a different mumble than the usual SA one you see for all other games anyways?

When open beta was out the seconday? goonfleet mumble was used and the goon group was mostly goonfleet spergs from eve and eventually they quit. However, when some random rear end goon no one knew created a lovely thread mostly filled with pictures and "I think this is a good mech" the game got a goon resurgence and we started using CTS mumble. Then (some) oldbirds started playing again and created WoL and forced invited everyone to join their mumble and it has been so ever since.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Stringbean posted:

You read right.

I bought another.

Let me say this now. The newbie pilot will ask:

"Stringbean, everyone says the Ice Ferret sucks! Why did you buy one!?"

Well sir, it is most certainly not a great mech. It's not even a good mech. It's nowhere near a mediocre mech. It's got gently caress all for armor, it only has one single CT energy hardpoint. All it's weapons are located in its arms. It can't hill hump, it has trouble with ridges. You can't mount any considerable weaponry on it. 5 ERMLas ain't bad, but you could do better on a medium

It has speed, loads of it. If you can maneuver behind the red team, it tears up butts.

But even lovely mechs can be fun. Do I recommend it for everyone? no. Not at all. But if you feel obliged to get one, do so at your own risk.

Can confirm. Ice Ferret is fun as poo poo. But I'm great at making underdog mechs look good. :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I can honestly understand why choosing a mech at the voting screen would be dumb. At that point you may as well just make every map heat neutral because you'd never see hot builds on heat maps or LRMs on Crimson Straight.

The no pink is just loving dumb.

• Locked thread