Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
What's the consensus on the best builds for speed-running labs? Like if my goal is to create a character for only running the labs, no mapping or anything else, what should I be looking at? Is QotF viable, or is evasion so bad that I'll just RIP too much in the lab? Haven't played for like 6 months, so I'm a bit behind on all this stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
What should I roll if I want to be able to be viable on basically all maps? Trying to crush some cheevs this league, including twinned 15s I guess. Ideally looking for good->great clearspeed and "not giving a gently caress what mods the map rolled". Maybe some kind of self-cast RF juggernaut or something?

e: Should note, I'm on SC and don't mind spending up to maybe 20 exalts on the build.

The March Hare fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Mar 17, 2016

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

Cinara posted:

Yea if you want to run literally any mod it's a bit restrictive. There's a lot of very powerful builds that can do all but 1 or 2 mods or anything but specific combos.

I am playing Explosive Arrow this league and it can do anything but elemental reflect or the combo of no regen + no leech, and easily handles T15 twinned or crazy 8mod maps.

With a 20ex budget you could look into CoC Discharge or lowlife CoC phys spells, those can both run just short of everything. The flask build, either Pathfinder + Blade Vortex or just whatever with EK/BV can clear more or less any combination of mods with a very high clear speed.

Yeah, I'm liking the look of LL CoC phys spells if that's the scion build running cyclone + BV etc?

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

Zombies' Downfall posted:

So if I got enough divination cards to turn in for a corrupted unique "sword" should I do it now (at 55) or wait until I'm level 82 or whatever the ilvl cap is if I want to maximize the chance of getting something cool/useful? Can it give me things I can't equip yet?

Do it whenever, they aren't based on your level.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
If I want to take the tooltip DPS challenge (not literally, just trying to deal massive dips–it doesn't actually have to be on the tooltip) and just try to one-shot bosses in PSC what's my best bet? I was thinking assassin self-cast discharge w/ all 3 elements and a bunch of curses but I'm open to suggestions. I also briefly considered tri-golem self-cast discharge elementalist w/ the 20% resist pierce node and elemental overload, but I'm not sure that would be better than just running actual crit. I'll die to reflect either way, but v0v.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

Kild posted:

Vaal RF for sure. If you get VP and link it to LL and use warlords mark blasphemy you can't even die to reflect

This sounds Very Good to me. How the hell do you get souls for it though?

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
Is 20% spark speed good on a Heretic's Veil? Do sparkers use HV?

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

Phobophilia posted:

Theoretically you can, but there's not much synergy. Blasphemy is only effective when enemies are close to you, while Spark's appeal is you can clear multiple screens of content.

That's what I figured, I'll just roll over it.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
Hey POE thread, how many dollars do y'all imagine this ring is worth on PSC?

Dual t1 (for elreon) res and -8 on a diamond. I have no clue what the market looks like for this poo poo right now.

e; While I'm at it, is this as good for sparkers as I assume it would be if I divined it up to non-poo poo rolls?

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

regulargonzalez posted:

You can't divine the life very high; divining only works within the tier. I'm voltaxic spark and wouldn't have any interest in that amulet due to the low life. Really, damage is more than fine already and a meager 16% increased is a pittance compared to all the more modifiers I already have. And it doesn't begin to compare dps-wise to the sparker amulet of choice, Victario's Acuity.

Good to know, ty :).

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

Grizlor posted:

Hello I was gifted a Vaal Temple by Katasi and would like to help goons out with the challenge credit. I have 3 spots left if anyone needs it.

I do, when are you going to run it?

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

Grizlor posted:

Goodish news (for you?), my friend who is a goon but not tagged who was gonna run it with me (and give the other spots away to other goons) had to log, so looks like we're doing it tomorrow!

If you want to add and PM OroYMoi I'll leave PoE whisper notifier running. I'm not in the goon guild so I wont see gchat :~(.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
Does anyone still need Perandus Manor? I'm thinking of buying one and would be down to split it if anyone wants to buy a portal.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
I think I'm going to roll reave this league, never done it and it looks sweet. These are my thoughts, cya.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

theshim posted:

Is there an actual list of the Ascendancy changes anywhere that you can see without downloading the planner? At work but I wanna see this cool poo poo.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nyAbZnf-OPPGYBWPPBGOz_Z2P8O2x28nx8YUpi-GMis/edit

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
Do y'all think doing a southpaw reave build as Juggernaut would be better than doing it as Raider? I'm trying to figure out just how much attack speed you can get out of the 1% / 100 accuracy thing but I'm a bit too dumb to really figure it out.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
What do y'all think would be a good start of league MF/ghost busting build for 2.3? Leaning bow, but open to whatever.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

Bombogenesis posted:

So I just has a Tabula Rasa drop off a goat man near Kuduku. What are these things worth these days?

https://www.poe.trade

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

Bob NewSCART posted:

Okay so my computer is fixed, I'm downloading today, and I need to make a decision on what melee build to roll. Cyclone is obviously still good, I've heard EQ is pretty good? But I don't know how I feel about trying to have as low attack speed as possible, I like going fast. What's a good fast melee build? Or should I just go with cyclone for the third time?

Blade Vortex maybe?

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

baby puzzle posted:

I have been getting a lot of lag spikes for a while. It doesn't seem to matter which gateway I use. Other games are fine. I realize the problem might be "on my end" but there isn't anything I can actually do about it.

It's not on your end.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

ronya posted:

tip: today's Leo daily is 180 seconds idling in Sarn, useful for propelling him to level 3

I'm nearing 6 :getin:

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

devilmouse posted:

Challenges seem remarkably easier this league. Trying to figure the four I'll skip and currently thinking: two endgame grinds, maps from map bosses, div cards, and the unique strongbox.

What are other people thinking?

Strongbox one is pretty easy this league, they bumped their spawn rate significantly and there is at least one prophecy that gives you one for free.

e; Plaguemaw quest chain gives you a unique strongbox.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
Oh, live and learn I guess, I got the challenge done before I did plaguemaw so I guess I just got very lucky~

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Also i dunn oif its known, but if you get a poo poo one like frogs, and the zone tells you its active here, you can re-open the zone and the prophecy is gone (from your log).

I will happily buy all of your frog prophecies~

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

Possibly the only good quest reward item I've ever gotten. And I'm even leveling EQ! (Probably gonna sell it...)

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

Yeah, trying to work out a price for it.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

Ckwiesr posted:

Ugh. I need the last trial before I can uber lab. Is there an easy way to find it other than run maps?

/global 820

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

Turtlicious posted:

Which is better this or Diablo III? Why? I'm also asking in the D3 thread.

Lol.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

Ultima66 posted:

Hot take:

Pohx's Oro's double totem Inquisitor build reminded me that I had meant to try to think of ways to play SWORD WITCH before and I came up with something:

Skill tree

Main Links: Ice Crash - Concentrated Effect - Weapon Elemental Damage - Fire Penetration - Increased AoE - Fortify/Life Leech

Imagine you're playing Flameblast but you do like half the initial hit damage of 10 stack Flameblast, have to stand in melee range, use a 2 hander instead of a shield, and take increased damage.

I played triple curse oro flicker occultist on perandus to great success. I also had a 6l shavs, skyforths, a lvl 4 enlighten, etc. because perandus owned but hey, you could probably do it without that stuff.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

-8.5 Diopters posted:

Has GGG said anything about a premium map tab? I already have problems organizing all of my maps and can't imagine what a mess my stash is going to be with 50% more of them to keep track of.

And I might have to drop some cash on a supporter pack for the sweet armor. :homebrew:

The big problem is that maps are unique by item ID or however they store these things so they don't stack very well.

They could maybe do some kind of sorted by name within tier thing or something but IDK I feel like it would end up being a mess.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

whypick1 posted:

My problem was getting the Vaals to actually give me 8 goddamn mods, hence the "could get expensive".

Just in case you or anyone else is trying to do this one by just slamming maps with vaal orbs, I will leave a pro tip here: Make sure you get the map yellow with a bunch of mods ~before~ you slam it.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

Hamburger Test posted:

I thought it was enough that is was rare. When I made my 8 mod maps it was always a complete reroll.

That's true but if you un-id it it will retain affixes, so it's best to have a high quant etc map before slamming it.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
So cast on cast looks pretty good.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

funmanguy posted:

Flicker strike seems pretty good right now.

Just because of the splash buff or what?

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
So if I'm just trying to jam uber lab ASAP to grind out some cash early in the league, is trapper the way to go? If yes, which flavor is best? I played EQ all last league, really don't want to this league.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

Ciaphas posted:

So when the OP says "DESYNC IS FIXED" does that mean it's fixed and I don't have to have a slash command or a keybind or AHK script on hand anymore, or does it mean "no really we fixed it this time guys, honest"

I could use a new ARPG to play (or really anything, i'm bored out of my mind here); last tried this about a million years ago but the sync thing was utterly offputting

It is actually fixed.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

Zephro posted:

Trying a 2h flicker strike build and really liking it, but you really have to keep up with your weapon damage to make it viable because if you can't 1-3 shot mobs you start dropping frenzy charges pretty fast. So I just paid one chaos for a 464 dps Kondo's. I know some people switch it up at endgame and use Oro's, but is it viable to stay with physical damage instead, out of interest? And as far as scaling damage goes I presume I just want +phys on every piece of gear I can get it on, right?

It's fine, you just can't sustain charges against most bosses so unless you're rolling mirrored gear on standard you will need a secondary skill to deal with boss fights.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

StashAugustine posted:

Is enraging the rhoa boss worth it? Spent like 5 minutes killing him (admittedly with a map mod for ele resistance and having to avoid a lot) and he just dropped a bunch of lovely rares

Get him low then break the baskets.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
Exalted T1 life onto this in ESC so... anyone playing hybrid spells?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
I'm considering doing a CI crit inquisitor with one of the new channeled skills next league, provided they don't nerf CI into the ground. Gifts from Above might be worth running for 100% consecrated ground uptime which, with inquisitor buffs and ZO, would be 80% damage 8% ES regen/sec and 25% cast speed, and also permanent immunity to elemental statuses. Should be trivial to hit like 25% ES regen/sec which, with a ~12k pool + some leech, should be enough to just stand still and channel away.

The March Hare fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Oct 6, 2016

• Locked thread