Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007
Take the bomb to C, C Dammit!!

:dukedog:
Is there any space in the guild atm? I'm a scrub and figure I could use goon company/advice to be less of one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007

Found my first ever unique strongbox today and got a consuming dark dagger out of it. I have no idea what I should do with it.

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007

Can someone give me a start to finish "I have no idea what I'm doing" rundown of how to set up, price, and effectively sell items on poe.trade? I saw a guide buried somewhere in the last thread, but I never had the time to set stuff up and have just got some cool things that I'd like to sell to have a little spending currency. (including a nice 18Q blade fall I just had drop for me.)

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007

Maddot_66 posted:

Can someone give me a start to finish "I have no idea what I'm doing" rundown of how to set up, price, and effectively sell items on poe.trade? I saw a guide buried somewhere in the last thread, but I never had the time to set stuff up and have just got some cool things that I'd like to sell to have a little spending currency. (including a nice 18Q blade fall I just had drop for me.)

I could still use help with this if anyone has directions/advice for a scrub.

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007

Gibbo posted:

You didn't read the first post did you?

I guess I missed that in that wall of text, thanks. How long does it usually take for updates to go through on poe.trade?

EDIT: how do I get into currency exchanges? I have no idea how to figure out exchange rates, or what the currency section on the acquisition app means or how to use it.

Maddot_66 fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Dec 27, 2015

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007

Some dude just got the congrats for being the first one into the overgrown hideout on normal this league. :lol:

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007

The Real Foogla posted:

Oro's is such a cool weapon, warning not seizure safe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b0EA33jE9Y

Is there a link to the build somewhere? That looks like it might be fun to play.

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007

What are some of the recommended defensive skill set ups for ice crash builds? I'm playing a duelist that splits Armor/evasion if that makes a difference.

Also, how are you guys supporting your Ice crash? I'm using melee damage, faster attacks, fortify, and culling strike. Any suggestions for now, and for if/when I get a 6l to work with?

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007

nightwisher posted:

Cast When Damage Taken + Immortal Call + Increased Duration + Enfeeble is one of the strongest defensive setups you can run. Phys damage will often be taken in quick spikes and IC will protect you from being insta-bursted, while Enfeeble cuts incoming damage by 20-30% while also reducing critical strike damage taken and enemy accuracy. You can also run Enduring Cry and generate endurance charges regularly, which will be consumed when IC triggers, lengthening it's duration massively. Endurance charges also give physical damage reduction and elemental resists.
would both IC and enfeeble be cast at the same time when doing that?

Bugsy posted:

I assume you have RT, and going two handers or mace + shield?

No RT, using 2h swords due to the convenience of damage node locations, stacking exquisite blade intrinsic with Abyssus for extra crit damage, and socket color potential.

What about auras? Been running Hatred/ HoA for extra damage, but should I use blood magic gem for my attacks and run grace/hatred instead?

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007

Would it be plausible to run some kind of crit based ice spear witch? there's something about the build that seems intriguing to me.

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007

Any goon recommended EQ builds that use the Duelist? or am I really loving myself by not being a type of Marauder?

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007

Vasudus posted:

And that's why nobody uses bloodlust ever.

Is there a way to inflict bleed with some type of curse/warcry? I could see someone using it if they could easily proc bleed on a whole group at once.

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007

Can someone explain to me why my loot filter freaked out and listed a pledge of hands as a better unique drop (neversink, white background) These things are a dime a dozen on POE trade, why are they special?

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007

Yolomon Wayne posted:

afaik its just quant, nothing else.
youre generally better off running them by themselves in hope to flip them into midnights.

Even if you're running a zana map?

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007

Anyone have a link to a good BV Assassin build? Some guy in a video a goon posted a bit ago had one that blendered everything and I think I'd like to give that a shot.

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007

Could my lovely char get a guild invite? Char name is Redson_Ironson

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007

StoryTime posted:

I like the Duelist. He's just havin' fun, picking fights. Piety is aroused by his rear end, and who wouldn't be?

"climb the tower, kill the mad king...... just like the stories my mum used to read to me."

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Maddot_66/characters

Looking for Goon advice on my league guy. Want to stick with EQ champion, but I'm having trouble getting the most out of it.

I normally run HoA and Hatred, but I'd like to avoid doing ele damage this time so I can run ele reflect maps. Open to suggestions on other curse/defense aura/other set ups.

To cover obvious things...
I need to replace hat, and rings, and gem set up on gloves is really a placeholder. haven't found anything good yet as I just started mapping
I need more life (obviously) been filling in trees as I get spare points

Any suggestions wold be awesome.

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007

The Real Foogla posted:

here's what works till tier15 or so:

get rid of the crit and accuracy for RT (for now), it's not gonna work with two handed maces (you can respec once you get a Hegemony's)
5L that marohi: EQ, Reduced Duration, Melee Phys, Conc Effect, Poison (that's right, Jebquake :colbert:)
Auras should be Blasphemy Vulnerability, Arctic Armor and Herald or Ash (or get a second Blasphemy Enfeeble with a doedre ring if you really hate HoA)
Frenzy Charges with Bloodrage because you regen enough (maybe in a CoDT) instead of Poachers Mark (afaik only Flickerstrike would even think about getting that curse)
Bad Nodes: Survival Secrets, Kraken Pause, Scion Wheel too early
Good Nodes Nodes: Butchery , Barbarism , Juggernaut, Devotion

You will probably have to get a DEX+INT amulett, and even more INT when you go the second Blasphemy route

Tree something like this (note you are close to the Scion Wheel and the Mace Marauder nodes)
http://poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tr...u988B_yL_cy-Os=

- totally forgot that my jewels suck. Been looking for good stuff, but have had no luck yet.
-never considered running staves before, would that wheel next to devotion be a good thing to shoot for if I go that route?
- I see you grabbed Bloodless, is there a particular reason that would be important, or would it be a better idea to change pathing higher up to get a little extra DEX/INT and get the life elsewhere?
-Arctic armor only works when not moving? if I'm leaping from pack to pack, why wouldn't I just run determination?
-what method of cramming another curse into this dude would be most efficient? Doedre's Damning? Something else?

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO posted:

Nobody (everybody) won't (will) judge you for being a pathfinder.

I saw the spectral throw build of the week, and am determined to make it work with a raider instead. Think I can abuse phasing enough, but I'm not sure. Anyone ever tried it?

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007

Looking for some goon feedback on my variation on Mathil's Dream Feather Spectral Throw. https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Maddot_66/characters

couple things I am focused on:

what I should run for my 6th link in the set-up. culling strike is a placeholder, since I discovered I did more damage with it than with phys proj damage.

wondering if there is a better way to poison. I use 3 pacifism and snakebite to always have poison up, and to always be phasing. wondering if I should make poison my 6th gem and free up the jewel slots for something else.

is there any reasonable way to make onslaught happen more frequently? I get huge damage boosts while active.

I need more life. currently putting points into scion health wheel. what else can I do?

any other suggestions, observations, or questions would be greatly appreciated.

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007

Eezee posted:

Pierce would be the 6th support if you just want a modifier. A poison gem sounds better to me though. You are giving up frenzy charges, glove slot and 3 jewels that could all be huge damage and HP boosts.

That explains why mathil uses pierce when these already do so. Totally forgot about the More modifier.

The only thing that worries me about ditching the gloves and jewels for the poison gem is the fact that I rely on phasing for my defense, as much as offense. If I am not phasing, then I lose 20%move, elemental status immunity, and 10% spell dodge chance.
How would I reliably keep up phasing against bosses? (this kinda fits into my other question about onslaught. If I can more effectively keep that up, I could ease off phasing from being at "max" frenzy charges.
How would I effectively generate charges? I hate blood rage, and I don't have reservation for poacher's mark.

Artificial Idiocy posted:

You path right by Thick Skin. It would give you 6% hp per node which is more efficient than filling in the Scion life wheel for your next 3 levels. I would re-spec the extra 5% node you have in the wheel already to get to Thick Skin sooner (once you have the 2 little nodes on the way to it, that is).

That sounds like a great idea. I have a few regrets left, so I'll do that in a couple levels if I make it that far.

Thanks for the feedback. I want to use this next league, so this has been super helpful .

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007

Eezee posted:

Keeping up charges against bosses will be pretty hard unless you want to slot a frenzy gem somewhere.

For general clear Blood Rage is great even if you don't like it.

I'm not confident that you can get enough damage and life to do uberlab and harder content comfortably without getting those 3 gem slots, but maybe it is totally fine. Just try it and if it feels comfortable playing with your current gear keep it.

It's funny you mention uberlab, I actually just soloed it yesterday without a problem. even got Argus and all the caches/ 4 total keys. I do worry about doing other stuff with only 4k life.

After switching culling strike for a quality pierce, my sheet dps is now up to 8k when using GMP, and almost 14K when using slower proj instead.

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007

I put Blade Flurry on my spectral throw raider to try out, and it was nuts for only being 3l. I think I'll add it as a single target skill since spectral throw eats a ton of my mana.

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007

pork never goes bad posted:

Mathils Dreamfeather spectral throw looks pretty good with Raider now, though I might make as molten strike to be extra hipster. Need to figure out a way to apply poison. Thoughts?

I did that in essence and I loved it, and am looking forward to blazing through maps at 161% movespeed and blendering everything in my way. I used snakebite and 3 pacifism jewels for poison/perma phasing, but with the changes to that part of the ascendancy, I might have to eat the gem slot so I can benefit from that and the more evasion per frenzy charge in the passive tree.

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007

My raider based take on Mathil's dream feather build was so much fun in essence, I am so stoked for the ascendancy changes to do that build again.

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007

queeb posted:

this sounds really drat cool now with the raider buffs, do you have a general tree you're thinking of using?

Dumbeye was my dude from Essence. I doubt that it is set-up perfectly, but I was able to do t14 maps without too much trouble. I can only imagine what this can do once I spend the full time on it, and with the buffs I ended up getting.

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007

I had an ex drop for me day 1 this league. If I'm planning on converting to chaos to buy stuff, should I wait for the ratio to get better? they were trading at 38:1, now up to 56:1. I'm planning on waiting til it gets to around 68:1, but was curious to how better currency flippers handle currency trading in the first week.

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007

Can any goon trade experts tell me if the price on dreamfeather swords will drop soon? they've been hovering around 12-20c last few days when last league they were 7-12. I need them for my build, but I was hoping to get a good price.

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007

whypick1 posted:

What guide? Not seeing one.

So you're running Raise Zombie with Summon Skeletons and Summon Raging Spirit, supplemented with Flesh Offering. For gear, you really just want to be super defensive, since none of its stats will benefit your minions outside of cast speed (which doesn't really matter for zombies). If you happen to get a +minion gem level helm though, different story.

Also, the Desecrate skill will create corpses, which is helpful for both making zombies or consuming with Flesh Offering.

Are corpses created by desecrate available to baddies as well?

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

"Guy who doesn't know how whetstones work chances skyforth"

Par for the course

Wait... does quality affect the chance orbs impact on an item? I thought it only impacted the odds for jeweler/fusings.

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007

I need help pricing a ring have.

Tried using poe trade import, but I can't find anything really close to what this one does.

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007

Raiders are almost custom made for breaches. I have perma phasing, 60% dodge chance and a poo poo ton of evasion. I move as I please and rarely get hit.

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007

Need some help/advice as to why my character has become super squishy. ( I know I need more life, and to grab the little tiny bit of fire resist to get cap.)

I just swapped over from the onslaught part of my ascendancy to the part that does frenzy stuff, and removed my pacifism jewels. (going from 0 to 7 max, now I no longer permaphase.)
Now that I have made the swap, I am constantly dying. Only changes I made to my passive tree were the removal of a couple jewels and some points I had in the shadow start line so I could grab the frenzy stuff.

I have no idea what I hosed up, but even at full frenzy charges I can't stay alive long, even in tier 12 maps.

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007

whypick1 posted:

114% max life from the tree and Ming's Heart knocking off 15% of that is pretty drat low, even with decent life rolls on the rest of your gear. If my math's right, you're at 3072 life. Even just swapping out Ming's for a ring that gives you 50 health would be a net increase of 400 life, but that is certainly a DPS hit.

I'm at 3400. I know that is too low ( that's what I'll be sinking points into from now on.) and I'd hate to ditch Ming's since that is a huge part of my DPS and where most of my chaos resist comes from.

I just can't figure out why my changes completely hosed my survival. Health is the same as before the swaps, but I've gone from losing health and being able to manage under stress, to getting constantly swatted before I can react.

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007

Wezlar posted:

I really only play hardcore and I never really play evasion characters but I made this tree that will give you a ton more life mostly at the cost of evasion.

Regardless of that you need to drop a point in anything (frenzy charge duration probably) and take Nullification.

I was able to mix a couple things around to grab nullification, but I can't use your tree since I need the evasion for both defense and offense. I also have to keep the point I have in the duelist leech cluster, since without mana leech, I can't do much of anything.

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007

I am debating what build to try out for the next league and looking for build links/suggestions. I'd like to use attacks as opposed to spells, and would preferably use a marauder, Templar, or shadow since i have not used those guys yet.
Anyone have any suggestions that are not prohibitively expensive and could possibly be shaper viable?

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007

McFrugal posted:

Have you heard the good word about our lord and savior Blade Flurry?

Of course, but there are a few directions to go with it. (crit,poison,etc.)I'm looking for a complete build on whatever so that I don't screw it up.

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007

That staff looks kinda neat, would it be a good idea to do some kind of templar EQ build with it that does fire conversion and avatar of fire?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007

Is this build still do able?

• Locked thread