Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hauki
May 11, 2010

Kytrarewn posted:

How many chromes did the carcass jack take? I've been trying to get my Ngamahu/Berserker to 3g/2r his 5L and it hasn't been going exceedingly well. There's also the problem of it being 6s and the offcolor landing on the free socket, of course.
Uh, I don't honestly remember, I think I got it in <100? It's gonna be substantially easier to color a 6L than a 5L 1S with vorici though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Some questions about end-game stuff that I figure I could be doing better in some way.

• Once you got a essentially unlimited supply of good shaped redmaps pouring in, what do you do with the tons of tier 10 and lower maps that start filling up stash tabs?
  • How much exalted/chaos/fusing or general wealth do you save up until you attempt to 6 link something or do you just buy up the 1500 for vorici?
  • Recommended end game loot filters, I'm right now switching between various strict neversink filters and modified ones like nifflers.

1. vendor them up, give them away or stop picking them up, maybe save some of the good ones in case I level an alt
2. depends if you're wearing it or not, if I've got a backup I just throw whatever comes in at it periodically, if not I wait until I've got like 150-250 or enough backup currency and can reasonably count on not bricking it. I never vorici 6Ls.
3. I use a modified greengroves for endgame

Hauki
May 11, 2010

I'm wondering if 2.6.0 will do like, groups of old mods or rotating league mods like they've done in some of the 1mos.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

obligatory

and https://www.twitch.tv/videos/40792698

edit - i was also trying to find a good clip of a shivershell multikill but i'm coming up short right now

Hauki fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Feb 22, 2017

Hauki
May 11, 2010

TheRat posted:

I like the haviri triple kill video. "I dont think we've seen the invasion boss yet" *splat*

yeah every video of that i can find appears to have been taken down :(

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Play nioh while you wait, I'm digging it. First time I've played a console game in years tbh.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Kild posted:

that's some bullshit.

It loses base es and gains the spell damage implicit.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Speaking of guild membership I could PayPal someone 20 bux or w/e to get more slots or stash tabs or something.

All that poo poo was maxed out from member donations like the first couple days after guilds existed. Thanks for the thought though.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

funmanguy posted:

RF in 2.5 with inc aoe gem and two aoe clusters has a radius of 23.36. In 2.6 replace the inc aoe gem for conc effect and keep the same passives and the radius is 24.5. That's pretty awesome.

Edit: more stuff

Contagion is actually a very very slight nerf. The nerf is more pronounced if you use the inc aoe gem, but still relatively minor.
Glacial Cascade got a big ole buff.

Man it's kinda tempting to try rf, self cast or totems

That extra more modifier with virtually the same radius

Hauki
May 11, 2010

cinci zoo sniper posted:

This is your quarterly reminder to vet your build list against Mathil's in order to predict market situation.

Oh yeah I need to watch that and avoid it still

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Bugsy posted:

And :lol: at ghosted Atziri. https://clips.twitch.tv/TolerantCourteousMoonRaccAttack
Lmao

Hauki
May 11, 2010

animatorZed posted:

Anyone have any idea what a semi-reasonable rate for buying perandus coins is?
For around 6000 of them? I started during breach so I have no idea historically and poe trade and asking sellers has been weirdly unhelpful.

Shiny unique popped up but I'm thinking now to just pretend I never saw it because it seems like way more of a hassle than I thought to get or buy quickly.

I don't know what they're at currently in this league, but they usually float around 100-120 per chaos, maybe up to 150 per chaos.

edit: what's the unique?

Hauki fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Mar 9, 2017

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Aerox posted:

Motherfucker I JUST bought a bundle

If you care to, you can e-mail support and ask for the difference if it was that recent, I've heard other people say they're pretty generous about it.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

So did someone stream a good zombie build or something? My shits been listed for days with no interest and suddenly I get like a dozen whispers for my baron including some over asking, another whisper for the lovely belt, bones of ullr and the zombie gem.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

TheRat posted:

There was one spot. I tried to invite you, but you had me blocked.

lmao, rip

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Is frost blades actually good now or just less bad

Hauki
May 11, 2010

I too play this game like a normal and ethical human being one hundred and twenty hours a week

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Still never seen a reliquary.

I have a tab full of white stones on both legacy and ssf that I will probably never use. Blue stones are cool, but entirely too rare if you weren't abusing the infinite stone poo poo. It'd be much cooler if you could craft leaguestones with orbs, even if they could only be blue at highest rarity. Or at least had a small chance of vendoring up to blue from whites with the recipe.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

4K life is nothing for end game, especially on a melee build. Get a lot more, whether that's through gear, tree or both.

theshim posted:

You can get one as long as one of the three vendored is blue, but then I think it rolls the chance much like talismans.

This is correct. 9 out of 10 blue stones I'd rather run than vendor though, even with simple/single mods. Running white stones is so loving boring, I think perandus is the only one I regularly run regardless of rarity, just for the cadiro chance and extra coins.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Equality posted:

Quick question about mapping while I'm at it. I seem to be stalling at around tier 7 maps and the only 10 I've found so far is malformations. Is there some Atlas thing I've screwed up? I'm doing ssf so buying maps is out! Please advise!

It kinda sucks in ssf, I don't think there's anything you're missing. I do make an effort to vendor up all maps if it'll give me new completions in white/yellows, and check Zana constantly for new stuff, but the ridiculous amount of chance orbs per map makes it kinda difficult in ssf too. Like I bought some for new completions from her, but at 4-6 orbs per I ran out pretty quickly and I'm not buying more from the loving vendor at a fuse each. You might also wanna put more effort into rolling your yellows etc to try and get better returns.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

panda clue posted:

doesn't everyone just give all their stuff to funman every league?

pretty much

Hauki
May 11, 2010

ugh, maybe i will do scorching whisp ice in ssf since i can't find a chest for low life guardian rf

just found a 16% cwc too

Hauki
May 11, 2010

theshim posted:

HEY GUYS I'M A loving MORON

that is all

At first I thought this was a new filter and then I remembered and felt kinda bad again. At least you got it sold promptly.

mobile client :argh:

Hauki fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Mar 31, 2017

Hauki
May 11, 2010

can't find any cats while channeling gems today, what's up ggg

Hauki
May 11, 2010

dyzzy posted:

Yeah don't try fighting from outside, if anything it's worse because you can't see the stuff that's going to hit you. Not sure if that's intentional design but you're definitely meant to be staying inside.

For real, never set foot outside of a breach unless you're just planning on booking it as far away from it as you can. Anything else is asking to be turbofucked by a bunch of invisible and untargetable breach rares and/or a breachlord.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

lol

Hauki
May 11, 2010

but do you have the well education

Hauki
May 11, 2010

myDad posted:

I'm Cottonwood

e: Btw beat act 4 last night is there anything I should be doing before taking the portal to the new difficulty? Got my ascendancy

no just push to merciless

also you can (and probably should, in most cases) put off labs until later tbh

Hauki
May 11, 2010

whydirt posted:

There's always the offline client to play. You might know it as Path of Building.

tbh I've probably put more hours into path of building than path of exile this league (and most leagues)

Hauki
May 11, 2010

I rolled ele pizzatotems in SSF which works fine, the harder part of SSF is actually getting T15s to drop.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

YoungSexualNorton posted:

Yeah, that's what I mean though. You've gotta go with one of the few really high yield builds. 2h warchief and flameblast totem are pretty much the top of the list for straightforward entry level builds. It'd be hell trying to SSF the endgame on top of a build that you just kinda cooked up on your own unless you really knew what you were doing.

and what I meant was that you've got to be pretty lucky to actually get challenging maps to drop in the first place in ssf

but yes, if you're trying to simultaneously learn the game, push maps and roll ssf, you're probably in trouble

Hauki
May 11, 2010

YoungSexualNorton posted:

Chimera is the hardest of the guardians for most builds, so you can probably take the others as well. What build are you running? Even running high quant/pack maps I've never self-found a single guardian map let alone three in one day so either your luck is really good or mine is poo poo.

I don't think I've even gotten a map drop above 13 on ssf yet, so yeah

Half the time I'm stuck dropping back to like 8s or 9s again.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

George posted:

Can anyone explain what caused this? I just went to town for a gear poo poo, it was like 30 seconds, and I had a breach I was about to open. gently caress my life.

Welcome to PoE

Hauki
May 11, 2010

George posted:

And it just happened again. You guys seem familiar with this issue, is it arbitrary or reproducible? Is Strand just cursed for me?

It's arbitrary, fairly rare, and seems to happen in streaks, so if I start seeing it I just take a break and do something else both for my sanity and the sake of not dumping money into a void.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

euphronius posted:

How did the self found no trade league turn out ? Did goons find it fun ?

I found it fun, more so than I really expected. I started it on a lark because I was burning out on regular legacy inside of the first week. It was an interesting change of pace and different challenge. Like someone else said, instead of just picking a build and going with it, buying whatever you need to build it then pushing to speed running shaped strands, it becomes all about leveraging what you have to get the best use out of it. End game lab becomes completely loving stupid though. I have 20+ offerings, a dude at 89, another dude in the high 80s and I'm still 4/6 I think. I'm also still stuck on like T13s, and I only got that far by running all the red map layouts I ordinarily despise.

Unfortunately, there's only so many builds that can push higher maps with garbage or random gear until you start building a decent collection, so it can feel kind of restrictive at times. I'm not sure how much I'll play it in the long run, but as I said I enjoyed it more than I expected last league. It was also strangely exhilarating not having to interact with poe.tr and pubbies at all.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Gejimayu posted:

Don't have a mic right now, and apparently that's required to join the Discord, so if anyone's free would they mind inviting Flokipoki to the guild?

A mic is absolutely not required to chat in discord, but I'll try to get to it when I get home if no on else has.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

theshim posted:

I ran a LL Guardian for a while before getting a Shav's and it was pretty goddamn strong even then, worth taking a look at.

I've been thinking about running one next league. Didn't realize it still worked well pre-shav's, so that makes it that much easier.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

His expression is priceless

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Magus42 posted:

I'm gonna try RF, finally.

this for me too unless something drastic happens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Jinnigan posted:

channel that poo poo with ball lightning! holy poo poo!!

thats literally what happens in the video you're watching

• Locked thread