Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

bakka bakka posted:

Yes but don't do it. The initial hit is a non-factor in Molten Strike damage. You'll do as much damage if you hit the floor.
Yes, as the big Molten Strike fan here, the projectiles are the reason to use it. With Iron Grip and Point Blank, each of the three balls will do 90% of the damage of the melee swing. With a level 1 GMP and level 7 Concentrated Effect, you'll have seven balls doing ~85% damage. And Molten Strike still shotguns, so you can melt down single targets incredibly quickly. It's also really good with life/mana on hit. The only annoying thing is that bonuses to melee damage don't apply to the projectiles, so Melee Physical Damage does nothing for them. (On the other hand, Physical Projectile Attack Damage gives them more damage, but doesn't decrease your attack speed, because Molten Strike isn't a projectile attack. )

I'm planning on running my 2H Molten Strike Duelist in the Talisman league, currently looking at this tree (requires offline viewer). The Duelist and Marauder trees are almost entirely unchanged layout-wise, the only change being the Vitality Void/Spirit Void merge. Those nodes actually look really good, as they apply to all attack damage and thus aren't 40% efficient with Molten Strike like the phys leech nodes. I still took Lust for Carnage for the leech rate and +4 life on hit, but that might not be necessary. At this point, I'm just debating whether I should go up to Templar for the third endurance charge as I do here, or if I should go for the Scion life wheel and Berserking. Also, I was initially dead set on running Blasphemy with Poacher's Mark, but with the improved leech nodes, I'm wondering if Warlord's Mark might not work better. I'll be running Blood Rage anyway, and I always find sustaining endurance charges really annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

I'm thinking about making a Frenzy build, since it's always been a really cool skill, and the mana changes might actually make it sustainable now. So I made up a skill tree, a bow Ranger with +3 frenzy charges and lots of projectile damage. I was thinking of focusing on poison, as bonuses to "projectile damage" allegedly apply to poison twice, once for the initial hit and once for the DoT derived from the hit, and I assume the "more damage" bonus from frenzy charges does the same. Links would probably be Frenzy+Poison+Slower Projectiles+LMP/GMP+(Pierce/Void Manipulation/Faster Projectiles??? No idea). Then Curse on Hit+Vulnerability on something, and probably Grace and Arctic Armor since it won't benefit from added elemental damage. Darkray Vectors are an obvious choice, giving an extra frenzy charge, and 16% dodge and an absurd 40% move speed at full charges. No other uniques jump out, except maybe Darkscorn to let me get (a quarter of) those chaos damage bonuses on my actual attacks. Is there anything obvious I'm missing on this tree or these gems? Is +178% life enough for a Phase Acro build?

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

Xequecal posted:

I thought about Marauder or Duelist, but the reason I picked Scion is that from reading the wiki, the projectiles that Molten Strike shoots out don't count as "melee" and therefore don't benefit from passives that have "melee" in the description. So the Marauder/Duelist starting passives would suck for this, because they would only affect the initial hit and not the projectiles which are doing most of the damage. The wiki however also explicitly says that "melee" is OK and affects both if it's referencing a weapon type, so the Strong Arm tree is OK, it's just "melee" and "melee physical" that doesn't work. This is also why I picked dual wielding and not sword/shield, the shield passives at the bottom are "melee physical" and thus wouldn't work.

The way I have it set up now the only passives I took that have the "melee" qualifier are the first Scion talent point and Born to Fight. For the former, I could easily go down the dex side for +% projectile damage and get the same tree, I just figured the resists would be more valuable. The latter is just a connector that's good enough for one talent point even with the physical damage part only being partially effective.
I'm running a 2h mace Molten Strike character right now, and I'm pretty sure Duelist is the best class for it, if only because it's so close to Point Blank and Iron Grip. The first few Duelist damage nodes are "physical damage with attacks", which applies to both parts of Molten Strike, so grab those, loop through the life and defense ones, and exit through the attack speed node. In fact, here's the build I'm using modified for dual wielding, which is just a build I copied from somewhere else for a generic 2h melee weapon projectile build, but with Point Blank added. Going deeper into the Marauder and Templar sections is a bit of a trap, as you really want those outer keystones, and sticking to the edges is more efficient. The defenses are iffy, but I use GMP with a Life Gain on Hit support gem and a Poacher's Mark aura to outheal most everything, and six endurance charges and Fortify are better than a few thousand points of armor IMO.

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

Has anybody else been having horrible lag issues all weekend? I can play maybe one or two areas without major issues, but then I start running into issues where everything freezes except some particle effects and environmental animations for 30 seconds or more, then plays everything out at double speed (generally without any of my inputs, so if an enemy comes on screen, I just loving die). So the game is literally unplayable. Anybody know what could be causing this? I'm not noticing connection problems with anything else on my computer, so I have no idea what's causing it.

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

A while ago, I posted a video of me running Dried Lake with my goofy 2H Molten Strike build in 2.0. When 2.1 came around, I decided to make some changes to it based on what I'd learned, and then make a new video of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWav4p_-tZo

You can see some very long-winded notes in the description of that video, but the short of it is, 1. Blasphemy owns, 2. I was wrong about Leap Slam, it does not suck and I'm sorry, 3. Maces probably not the best choice? Maybe even the worst choice? The stun reduction isn't enough to stun bosses, and also not enough attack speed. Attack speed is king. And also, can you use totems with CWDT? I feel like Flame Totem might be better than Ball Lightning here for blinding things.

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

Bugsy posted:

Totems do not work with trigger gems anymore.
That's what I thought. I remember reading something about it being broken with aura totems or something. (Hey GGG, maybe just make it not work with those? Or make aura totems not a thing, because they're loving garbage? Yes, I would love to spend 100% of my mana to gain an aura for 8 seconds.)

Not as bad as totems not being able to curse on hit, though. Just... why? Minions I can understand, you could have them curse things all day, but totems have limited durations and can't move. I guess you could make Blasphemy totems... if you're willing to spend 70% of your mana... :shrug:

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

They're really trying to push this "manage your charges" thing, but how many skills even let you consume charges? Not counting Immortal Call and Phase Run, there's like four, and I don't see a Daresso's Passion Flicker Strike build happening. It'd be nice if they introduced some support gems that let you make any attack skill consume endurance/frenzy/power charges for some kind of benefit.

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

I'm throwing around ideas for my 2H Molten Strike build again. I noticed that my damage was suffering against bosses without a Fire Penetration gem, and the 40% physical damage MS has probably isn't doing anything against enemies with decent armor, so I figured I'd set up a build that makes it do 100% fire damage with Avatar of Fire. I also switched over to 2H swords, and figured I'd run a high APS/pDPS rare or a Doomsower, but now that I'm looking at it, I wonder if I shouldn't just scrap Avatar of Fire and run Oro's Sacrifice. So now I've got two builds I'm throwing around.

+ Gets full benefits from physical damage, most notably Iron Grip and Herald of Ash
+ 16% attack speed from pathing to Blade Master
+ Gearing is slightly easier/cheaper, probably
- Lower base damage
- Leap Slam now does 50% damage :(
- Avatar of Fire screws up flasks; Atziri's Promise does nothing, and Vessel of Vinktar gets no crazy lightning leech (more notable as I'm running a Poacher's Mark aura)

Oro's Sacrifice setup
+ Higher base damage
+ Not taking AoF, Iron Grip, and Blade Master frees up some nodes, which I put into Celestial Judgment and another jewel socket
+ Full benefits from damage flasks
- No benefits from physical damage; Iron Grip and HoA are out, but the Duelist's 2H damage nodes can be salvaged with a Fireborn jewel
- Lower attack speed
- 10% increased physical and fire damage taken, uuuuuuugggghhhhh

I'll probably go with Oro's Sacrifice, but none of the particulars will really matter until level 67.

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

The chaos "curse" is Wither, which isn't actually a curse, but inflicts a debuff that increases chaos damage taken and stacks with itself (and also reduces movement speed, but that doesn't stack). I think the general best practice is to link it with Spell Totem and throw it down whenever you need more damage.

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

After looking over the Ascendancy classes, all the Duelist ones seem kind of dull (is it just me?), so I think I'll roll with Marauder for my 2H Molten Strike build. Chieftain especially seems like it could be crazy with the Avatar of Fire version, with Hinekora, Death's Fury giving 1% life leech, 10% penetration, and 20% increased base damage. Here's the build. And all that fire damage and ignite chance... almost makes me want to try Emberwake. That's probably a terrible idea, isn't it. Like poison, but shittier.

Of course, this is all assuming there are no massive changes to (the outer edges of) the passive tree. Anybody know if any alpha streamers have revealed anything besides the goofy changes to the Scion life wheel/brick/pizza? I heard the single-element weapon damage nodes are getting penetration now, and if they are, I'm definitely swapping something for Lava Lash (Catalyze, probably?).

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

Count Uvula posted:

That loving belt!! Wish it worked with Animate Guardian.
Coruscating Elixir Minion Instability. Someone make it happen.

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

Could I get away with running an attack build with no RT and minimal accuracy investment if I'm running Poacher's Mark with Blasphemy? With the curse effectiveness nodes I'm taking, it should result in about 50% less evasion for everything I'm hitting. I'm not even making a crit build, I just want to take Elemental Overload for that sweet 40% more elemental damage to my purely elemental attacks. But then, less hits means less life and mana on hit, and this also makes me even more screwed against curse immune enemies. Maybe this would be an excuse to take Juggernaut.

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

I'm getting crazy gem luck tonight. First in the Caverns, I get a 7% quality Portal gem, which I've never seen before, and then just a few minutes later, I find an 18% quality Magma Orb in a Perandus chest. Then about an hour later in act 3, I find a 17% quality Controlled Destruction. I'm holding onto the Portal gem (I burn through wisdom scrolls ID'ing everything), but what should I list the other two for?

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

Ancestral Protector is a hilarious (and good) skill, and having tested it out, it actually works with unarmed. I also noticed that the Scion's Hierophant ascendancy makes it so totem skills in your helm can have one more totem out at a time. Which means that with Ancestral Bond and The Bringer of Rain, you could summon three 7-link totems to Jojo the gently caress out of everything. Could this actually be a viable build?

The Wu-Tang Secret fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Mar 6, 2016

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

My dumb idea for a Slayer was a bow perma-stun build, because how is that not the obvious conclusion to jump to? Tree would besomething like this. With Heavy Draw, Stun Mastery, and a Lioneye's Fall gem near Bone Breaker, you can get 29% reduced enemy stun treshold, and Slayer gives another 5% in addition to all the silly bonuses from Overwhelm. The Lioneye's Fall also turns all those melee crit nodes into bow crit nodes, which combined with King of the Hill and Lethality gives +337% crit chance and +104% crit multi. Maybe use Empire's Grasp to reverse the KotH knockback for maximum Point Blank damage. I want to say Ice Shot would be the best skill due to chilled ground.

Ultima66 posted:

Also make no mistake you're only making this build because the Witch's animation for using a 2H Sword is good and no one ever gets to see it.
Oh hey, speaking of 2H sword witches, that was my other dumb idea: Oro's Lightning Strike Elementalist. Basically, Elementalist gives you a truckload of elemental damage, but it also gives you Mastermind of Discord, which gives you 20% fire penetration if you've used a lightning skill recently. So if you happen to use Lightning Strike with a weapon that does pure fire damage, you just get 20% fire pen all the time. And since it's a lightning skill, it also triggers Orb of Storms, which deals lightning damage... which means you could use Elemental Equilibrium. (Except it just occured to me that you couldn't use Anger this way, which sucks, and maybe it is even more terrible of an idea than I already thought it was.) I guess there's no reason you couldn't use Static Strike instead. Or Wild Strike, the best skill in the game.

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

whypick1 posted:

I keep theory-crafting on how to make EH work and....just no.
I feel like the best chance for Elemental Hit would be some kind of wand build, either Elementalist for Mastermind of Discord or Deadeye for all those projectile bonuses. Except Kinetic Blast is a trillion times better than any other wand skill, so there's no reason to bother.

They need to make a threshold jewel that adds random elemental damage once more for each, so I can run three of those with Piscator's Vigil and feel very smart.

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

lurksion posted:

That 20% cull on slayer is weird - "kill enemies with 20% life or lower when hit", so it seems like its a counterattack thing (that you can't like increased rarity too).
It's the same wording as the one on the Culling Strike gem, so it's basically just super culling strike.

The new Reaver is very weird, but also very cool. Is super culling strike appreciably different from "20% more damage" aside from leech and reflect? Combined with the 20% more damage from Headsman, it could get pretty silly. And then the 20% area radius plus the 20% from getting Impact :stare:

panda clue posted:

juggernaut discharger is going to be a beautiful thing
Juggernaut Trypanon Cyclone COC Discharge? With Elemental Overload and Elemental Equilibrium plus lightning damage and a Warlord's Mark aura?

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

lurksion posted:

As for the CoC Discharge on Juggernaut hype - how do you can sustain endurance charges on bosses? Sure you get full charges, but you need to be able to generate that first charge. Enduring cry every 0.75 seconds won't cut it. And all the other endurance charge generations are either on getting hit, killing (Daresso Defiance), or endurance charge on melee stun (which you will not be getting much of). Am I missing anything?
I have no idea, honestly. It might be possible to use Endurance Charge on Melee Stun with some investment into reduced stun threshold and the additional chance from Warlord's Mark. (Seriously, how does the additional stun chance there even work? Is it just a flat bonus on top of the normal chance? Actually bosses have 60% reduced curse effect so this might be awful.)

Comedy option: CoC Raging Spirits and Heartbound Loop.

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

I'm thinking about giving up on my usual Molten Strike build (none of the ascendancies go with it!!!) and trying something more conventional. Specifically thinking about trying a perma-stun Slayer. Tree is here, pretty typical. I'm not sure which ascendancy skills to take in what order, though. Overwhelm seems obvious, but the bonuses aren't that great. The 20% area radius from Impact would be really helpful early game, and that plus all the bonuses from Headsman would be great for clearspeed™ when mapping.

I'm not super clear on how the reflect reduction works, though. It says "reduced [...] damage taken", so does that mean it's applied after "physical damage reduction" from armor + endurance charges, and then linear with the 20% reduced damage taken from fortify? Does fortify reduce reflected damage?

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

lurksion posted:

Well, there's another option other than scolds for coc discharge juggernauts now.

Also seems a reasonable 2-hander at high rolls.
The Demon's Souls references are leaking into other franchises now...

But yeah, this is probably even better for CoC Discharge than Trypanon. Maybe running a few CwDT attacks as well.

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

panda clue posted:

I very seriously doubt that, considering the entire point of using Typanon is that you can literally ignore crit as a stat, which is pretty huge. That said, cool sword.
I meant for a Discharge Juggernaut specifically, as it would have trouble generating endurance charges against bosses without some form of self-damage. But crit is really hard to come by from the Marauder start, so it's probably a horrible idea to begin with. Maybe a pure CwDT build with this would be better, just using attacks for self-damage. Fake-Fakener?

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

I'm breaking from the RT Marohi mould and trying a crit staff Earthquake build, and it's loving incredible. At level 28, I bought The Stormheart, a staff I've never heard of that has a bunch of cold and lightning damage and a completely absurd crit chance (9.43% for me), and with four power charges, it has a 51% chance to crit without an ICS gem, and 68% at four. It's completely wrecking things even going into Cruel. This is the tree I'm using, currently a few points away from the dual curse cluster.

Anybody have any tips for maintaining power charges? I'm using Assassin's Mark right now, but I'd rather be using Warlord's for the leech. I've heard Blade Vortex with PCoC is good for it. Maybe set that up on a CwDT? I should be getting a bit of global crit from the staff nodes I'm taking.

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

dis astranagant posted:

You're building toward using Hegemony's Era, which generates power charges.
Yeah, I figured that much. I just tested out BV + PCoC, and it doesn't do crap for me. But I just got dual curse, so I'll probably just run both of the mark auras and roll with it.

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

Still going with my staff crit guy (build) and things are going smoothly. The Stormheart carried me through basically an entire playthrough, but I eventually swapped it for a nice 200dps crit staff I found for less than 1c. It's melting things pretty thoroughly, though I had to swap out Added Fire for PCoC and took a big dps hit.

I just managed to beat the cruel lab. What should do with my next two ascendancy points? Undeniable was the obvious first pick, but now I'm not sure. I know Unflinching is the one you're supposed to pick because it and Unrelenting are overpowered, and I am having some trouble maintaining endurance charges. But Unstoppable would be nice too, because my movement speed is pretty bad with no Art of the Gladiator.

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

I traded a lovely elemental Lithe Blade to some guy who turned out to be a level 90 Guardian who was running like sixteen auras. Just being near him gave me over 10k armor and 1k energy shield. He said that this was step one and we would meet again. I'm scared.

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

Question for Juggernauts with Unrelenting: Do you use CwDT + Immortal Call? And if so, do you level it or not? I only have Unflinching, but I'm using a low level CwDT + IC + Increased Duration, and I'm tempted to level it so I can throw Molten Shell in there.

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

Or buy Monstrous Treasure prophecies for 4c each. They take all the monsters in a map except the boss and replace them with a fuckload of strongboxes. Also a good way to find uniques and cartos.

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

So a bit ago, I got lucky and found somebody selling a Hegemony's Era for 100c, which I hastily converted a bunch of currency to buy, then blew another 24c on a Jeweller's Touch prophecy, and my crit EQ Juggernaut has finally broken into the "pretty fun" zone. My gear and passive tree is here. Aside from the Hege, my gear is pretty rubbish, but I'm doing well enough in the tier 5-6 maps I'm scraping together. Incidentally, this is the first character that I've ever done any significant mapping with, and the first character I've ever gotten to 80 with. It's pretty fun and easy to level (get The Stormheart and ride on for a whole difficulty level), but Hege's being basically mandatory later is an understandable turn-off.

Does anything immediately stand out as wrong? I switched out HoA and AA for Hatred, because I never realized just how crazy those big meaty freeze crits are, offensively and defensively. And with a decent life leech amulet and a paltry crafted mana leech on my gloves, I didn't need Warlord's Mark anymore, so I switched to Assassin's for the global crit damage and generating power charges against trash (you don't knock things back much when you one-shot them with Earthquake). Then there's Leap Slam (which probably doesn't need PCoC), a leveled CwDT+IC and Molten Shell, and... Ancestral Warchief, which I basically never use.

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

The Real Foogla posted:

you have to do uber yet, should be a cakewalk (get the fortify node, link it to your EQ, enjoy facerolling everything up to reds)

if you want to break into reds you will need to get some more defense, something like aa and a blasphemied enfeeble

edit: you didn't take the movement speed node? :psyduck:
Crit build. Need that accuracy. What am I supposed to do, spec out of Unrelenting? Or blow 20c on a Hinekora's Sight?

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

Starting to get bored with my crit staff EQer. I'm kind of stuck at tier 6 maps, and I can't get anything higher. And I'm at the point where I don't have much to get except super-expensive uniques (a Voidheart, maybe, a Kaom's probably). It's still a good build, though.

So now I'm kicking around a bunch of other dumb build ideas that I made myself because I'm a big dumb hipster and refuse to use a build guide. Are any of these viable?

Pillar of the Caged God Chieftain - I saw that Tawhoa gives 10% increased Strength, which made me think of the Pillar. Built around using 100% fire Molten Strike, because I'm still obsessed with this skill, and the phys damage from Strength makes me feel less guilty for travelling all the way to Point Blank. This might be better as Juggernaut, but what isn't.
Vortex Trapper Saboteur - I've never made a trapper before, and it sounds neat, so I whipped up a Vortex build with the usual Pyre + EE idea. Saboteur seems kind of garbage, maybe, so I might be better off with Trickster just for Patient Reaper.
Oro's Totem Chieftain - First of two garbage builds based around using Ancestral Warchief with Oro's Sacrifice. This one has beefy, taunting, reflect-immune totems. Planning on Fireborn in the Duelist jewel socket, of course.
Oro's Totem Elementalist - Second of two garbage builds. This one would use Orb of Storms with Elemental Overload and Mastermind of Discord for some absurd damage, probably. And the Witch looks really anime cool with a 2H sword.
Fire Crash Inquisitor - This one is probably dumb, but the idea is to use Avatar of Fire with Cold to Fire/Pyre to deal resist-ignoring 100% fire damage sceptre crits to things to inflict big ignites that double dip on all that fire/elemental/area damage. as well as a Flammability curse. Would this work at all?
Ice Storm Totem Hierophant - Hierophant seems like a natural fit for Ice Storm, since all that Int boosts your mana and gives you more energy shield. And totems seem like a natural fit for Ice Storm (and Firestorm), since they basically double dip on increased duration. Also, on a lark, I tried to get as much reduced mana cost as I could, but that probably isn't necessary. I need more Int on the tree, don't I?
Lightning Trap Deadeye - My latest dumb idea. Ricochet gives +1 chain, and a Roth's Reach could make that +2, so... Lightning Trap? Why can't I just make a normal archer build. Windrippers and Drillnecks are both dirt cheap this league, I should be using those.

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

The Real Foogla posted:

Buy higher maps, afaik there are even yellows in the guild stash. You also should have a high enough zana by now that "stuck at 6s" is literally just lazyness. Get that Voidheart, run Excavations, make money.
Well, I bought three okay t6 maps for an alch, used a transmute on an Arachnid Nest, and, welp.

Time to buy a Voidheart and clown on uber Izaro, right?

(First exalt drop ever, incidentally.)

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

killstealing posted:

what item filter is so patrician that it doesnt even give exalts a white bg
It is a trashy out of date filter that I used for aesthetic reasons. It doesn't even highlight Sorcerer Boots. I plan on replacing it with Neversink now that I have a Voidheart and can probably trivialize everything.

What should a crit Jebquake be called? I conscientously object to calling it Trumpquake. Tedquake? Randquake? Maybe even, god forbid, Berniequake?

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

Anybody have any suggestions for a Windripper build? Ever since the prophecy made them (and Drillnecks) cheap as dirt, I've wanted to run something with it, since my first ever character was a janky ele crit bow Ranger. I just don't want to use tshot because I'm a hipster.

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

I'm considering running an ele bow build something like this. Probably using Split Arrow for clearing, either Frenzy or Ice Shot for single target? Really I'm just looking for an excuse to use Windripper and Drillneck, because they're so cheap now (and now so is Lightning Coil!). Anything majorly wrong with the tree? Am I stretching a bit too much for offense nodes? I get a lot of projectile damage, since it applies to everything, but it might be too much.

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

I can't believe they finally made a Molten Strike build by making it not use Molten Strike. gently caress you game.

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

Ugh, the Molten Strike threshold jewel makes me want to try a build for it again, but none of the ascendancies are particularly specialized for it. Anyone have any suggestions? Something Duelist is what I've always gone with in the past, but maybe Deadeye would be good, like with the two cold nodes for 100% elemental conversion and claws or something. How does Powerful Precision work with Molten Strike? I know it probably wouldn't deal damage to a single target twice per attack, but it might be good for single target damage if it works at all.

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

The Wu-Tang Secret posted:

Ugh, the Molten Strike threshold jewel makes me want to try a build for it again, but none of the ascendancies are particularly specialized for it. Anyone have any suggestions? Something Duelist is what I've always gone with in the past, but maybe Deadeye would be good, like with the two cold nodes for 100% elemental conversion and claws or something. How does Powerful Precision work with Molten Strike? I know it probably wouldn't deal damage to a single target twice per attack, but it might be good for single target damage if it works at all.
I don't think Powerful Precision works, so I'm thinking about Raider instead, just for all that delicious attack speed. Here's a tentative skill tree. Going crit might be a mistake, but I'm in the bottom right side of the tree, so what choice do I have?

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

Ultima66 posted:

Here's a good place for me to step in and describe how I think my way through making a build.

Ah, cool, thank you! Honestly, I'm probably going to go with Raider because I just kinda hate Pathfinder as a class. I realize it's the best one in the game and has the highest DPS after you spent 20 exalts on flasks, but I will never make that much currency, and even if I do, I'm not gonna be like "oh boy, got all this money, time to buy a FLASK." It's bad enough that Primeval Force makes me pretend to be one anyway.

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

Can I get an invite to the guild, please? Character name is WuTangMeatballsLEG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

The Wu-Tang Secret posted:

Can I get an invite to the guild, please? Character name is WuTangMeatballsLEG.
Bump.

Also, for my Molten Strike Raider, I'm wondering if I should go the phasing route or the onslaught route. My initial thought was to go onslaught, for the benefits of hitting as much as possible and gaining all that tasty leech and life gain on hit, but Avatar of the Veil is incredibly tempting. It's basically that one Pathfinder ability, but without the annoying flask part. And I will be doing full ele conversion, so with the damage bonus and the increased movespeed, it's basically equivalent to onslaught, kind of? It's tough.

• Locked thread