Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Nobody is confused by the poster. The guy that made the poster, however, was confused by the opening shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Complain to the artist, then.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Somebody (the poster artist) has been demonstrably confused. Please don't be dense.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

You still haven't heard that complaint because nobody here is saying that.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

You know you can embed tweets, right?

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

...so?

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

High Lord Elbow posted:

The prequels totally forgot about that

No, they didn't.

High Lord Elbow posted:

and turned everything into Ninja Laser Sword Superhero Brawl

Yes, they did.

cargohills fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Apr 7, 2016

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

adding to a story.

What is "adding to a story"?

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

AndyElusive posted:

The "I rebel" line rules. What the gently caress is wrong with you people. It's two words in response to accusations of being a miscreant. It was awesome. :colbert:

Are you serious? That line is awful.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

euphronius posted:

You got her character in three syllables.

Are those three syllables "is awful"?

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

teagone posted:

It great, actually. For reasons I stated in a previous post.

teagone posted:

Yeah, I love how its both sarcastic and confident, with a touch of uncertainty in what she's doing while also being a badass.

I sure am looking forward to the never-before-seen character of "sarcastic confident badass". "A touch of uncertainty" is also such an interesting character flaw, Jyno Erso truly will be a modern day Hamlet.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

romanowski posted:

what are you even expecting from a two minute trailer

I am replying to his quote about why he thinks the line is good.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

teagone posted:

Yes, yes. It's a single line of dialogue that exerts multiple facets of the character not just through the meaning of the words, but also in the way they are delivered. That's why I think it's good! Why do you think it's bad?

"sarcastic and confident [...] while also being a badass" isn't really multiple facets of a character. I also don't see how you're getting uncertainty from the line, unless you think the mere presence of a question in a line denotes a character's uncertainty.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

I said come in! posted:

TFA is nothing like A New Hope.

what

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

TFRazorsaw posted:

Why does SMG keep calling him FN?

Because it's easier than typing his full name, which is FN-2187.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Tender Bender posted:

Hello yes I'm writing my dissertation on why it's actually the right move to edit a 30 year old movie so that the original actor is photoshopped out in favor of another one. It makes sense if you watch the sextology in my recommended order.

Is that the arcane recommended order the same order as the films are numbered? What a weird way to watch a films series, I'm sure nobody has ever done that before.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Cnut is one of the only posters here that puts any thought into what he says. Saying "nuh-uh, Hayden Christensen looks like a rapist!" is not interesting conversation.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

rear end Catchcum posted:

Honestly the Darth comic is more about him becoming Vader than the movies were. They are really fun and good.

um actually it is in fact pretty bad

e: to back up my point this is the comic that evil C3PO+R2D2 and the cross between admiral ackbar & general grievous comes from

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

the most fuckable character is that singer robot at Maz's cantina

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

I'm pretty sure Rey in the dream sequence is reacting to Kylo Ren massacring people, not some random guy.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

What kind of lovely loving armour is made of plastic?

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

There wouldn't be an argument if you weren't such a weirdo pedant, fyi

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

um actually I think you'll find that c3po isnt really a robot :smug:

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

CelticPredator posted:

It looks icky

This is the entire depth of your analysis.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

If you'd maybe consider going beyond "lol CGI is icky!!" then maybe we'd treat you like you weren't a child.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

CelticPredator posted:

Anakin is an awful character. His arc as a conflicted hero does not work for me because he's pretty much a disturbed villain from the start. He's way too arrogant, way too hot headed, and he's horny to a point of being incredibly creepy. His arc only works if he's a villain from the start, but if that's the case, then he's a boring character because he doesn't change. He just gets worse. It's just the most un-interesting character to me.

Prolonged Priapism posted:

"Not my Anakin!"

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Y Kant Ozma Diet posted:

I got mad respect for his opinion

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

people don't respect your opinion.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

homullus posted:

It's great visual and sound design. I remember thinking it was really long before, but on my Blu-ray re-watch, it seemed fine. The best character in the race is Sebulba's podracer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLR6NsCL4_A

The engine sounds in the prequels are all great. I have a particular love for the speeders that Obi-Wan and Anakin drive on Coruscant in AOTC.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Avatar was also incredibly popular.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

thrawn527 posted:

Like, who knows, maybe TFA will be the same after 7 years passes, like what has happened for Avatar. But it's not the case yet.

You can't really make an assumption that the same won't be true soon enough.

e: Although I do think that "Avatar syndrome" won't catch on quite as quickly for TFA because they're actually getting the sequels done promptly instead of sitting around doing nothing for 7 years.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Neurolimal posted:

What's the difference between people who don't like the PT because its not what they wanted, and Cnut's problem with Finn because his story wasn't about what Cnut wanted?

The non-existent story that Cnut discusses is one that many people in this thread seem to think is contained in the film.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

I hope Tezzor being back doesn't last too long.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Neurolimal posted:

Democrats aren't leftists. the "UN" doesn't actually endorse them (and in a deleted scene is even hinted at wanting to kill Leia.

That scene is not in the film. They secretly support the Resistance in the film.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Tezzor posted:

Strange as you might find it, that was actually what he set out to do. He failed incredibly; leading to our irrational idiot protagonists.

You appear to think that George Lucas is literally retarded.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Tezzor posted:

The Republic has ended all wars through democratic representation and has lasted for a thousand years and all republic worlds we see look like fantasy utopias. If not for one guy with dark magic manipulating everybody, everything would be fine.

Coruscant is nothing like a utopia.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Neurolimal posted:

I am not pro-business, however the citizens of a republic should still be represented even if they own a business. Mormons are the majority of Utah, they get a pro-mormon representive. The majority of the federations' planets are pro-federation, they get a pro-federation representive.

The Trade Federation are not simply "pro-business", they are a corporation. It'd be like if Disney was a representative in Congress.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Yaws posted:

Perhaps all these bitches hatin' on the Republic are libertarians.

I doubt that libertarians would be particularly against a government that gave corporations a lot of control.

E: stormtroopers aren't clones.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Neurolimal posted:

My entire point is that the Jedi do -not- ignore slavery. An impoverished tatooine child slave is given a test to rise above his status precisely because the Jedi are sympathetic. The Jedi go out of their way to attempt a rescue of two slaves.

"One single child is freed from slavery by risking his life, this is clear evidence that the jedi are good!"

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

you're all 20 something marxists, now let me tell you how TFA is all about millennial struggles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

slaves might have it pretty bad... but man is it hard being a millennial!!!

• Locked thread