Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Related:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pigv8bf_Mo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Howard Beale posted:

When the Sci-Fi Channel picked up MST3K they added a "Caption This!" chatroom where you riffed on live-captured Sci-Fi screenshots. People had more fun bashing the constant commercials than some of the programming, though I remember a Dark Shadows crew who had a whole alt-story going on.

You did Caption This! too? I wasted so many evenings in middle school trying to be cool in there.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Howard Beale posted:

Jennie? Jennie Garth? Describe her.

Blonde and snobby-looking.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

JnnyThndrs posted:

Yeah, floppy discs got crappier, quality-wise, as time went on. The older ones -still- maintain their data OK, while newer floppies have horrendous failure rates.

This happens to a lot of physical storage formats when it stops being the dominant one. I have VHS cassettes from the late 80s-early 90s that still play fine but the very last ones I bought in the early 2000s fell apart (in some cases literally) after a few uses.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

She is now, with "Phoebe and Her Unicorn".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dana_Simpson

She also drew a beastiality comic strip.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Drastic Actions posted:

Thanks to Powerstrip, I have my Goodwill purchased computer (Custom Built, I think 2002? P4 based with an ATI x800) running Windows ME on an LG Ultrawide monitor at 3440x1440. It's slow at redraws, but it does work.

Perfect for your multitasking SimCity 2000 needs!

Why Windows ME?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

I never realized how much he looks like Johnny Five-Aces.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Data Graham posted:

DOSSHELL in ms-dos 5.0 was tits

Oh hell yeah, I loving loved DOSSHELL.

I'm still nostalgic for MS-DOS 5.0 and 6.0.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

SLOSifl posted:

C:\>copy con butt.bat
@ECHO OFF
prompt butt$g
^z
C:\>butt
butt>

My elementary schools used Apple IIs so I couldn't ever do this trick.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
EDLIN scared me.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

GI_Clutch posted:

If we're talking about Apple and names that start with "Feis", you can't forget Ellen Feiss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GxC4kKD9qA

In case anyone ever wondered what happened to her, she was a fellow at UC Berkeley earlier this year.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Ah, those ubiquitous 80s/90s padded plastic office chairs. I remember them well.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I don't compute in bed with his wife. I have sex with her instead.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
On the subject of old Macs I used to volunteer aboard a museum ship where all the exhibits were set up to be more or less representative of 1991, the year she was decommissioned. So the exhibits department was always on the lookout for old televisions, typewriters, and so forth from the late 1980s.

Somehow they overlooked one compartment where they had a blue iMac set up. Literally one of the most late 90s computers ever. I was eventually able to convince them to replace it with a first gen beige Mac they had in storage. Speaking of which, ever haul a chunky TV set up and down the nearly vertical ladders that ships use? Not fun.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
My mother worked from home in the 1980s before working from home was even a thing people did. She taught me how to type using WordPerfect on a Compaq 8086 without a hard drive.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I loving love ancient giant desks and would buy one in a second if I knew enough people to be able to move one into my home office.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

BigFactory posted:

88 gb drive

Not big enough to be a final solution to my storage problems.

I'm sorry

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Gonz posted:

*enters Commodore chat*

The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be…..unnatural.

That's a keyboard designed to launch ICBMs in a sci-fi movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

monolithburger posted:

I gotchu, friend

Very nice. No notes.