Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Mystery Opponent posted:

I bought a PS4 on the latest Black Friday sale and got a few games (Bloodborne, Journey and the Laura Croft co-op game, in addition to Battlefront that came with the system). Anything else I should get? I'd like some co-op games that I can play with my wife, she really liked Halo 4 when we had on the X360.

This one is probably a dumb question, but how often do AAA titles go on sale? Any chance to see a significant drop in the price of, say, Black Ops 3 or Arkham Knight?

Gauntlet was still free with ps+ as late as yesterday, get that if you can

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I too was an anime vita owner the other day

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Whatever that is doesn't work

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

How long does the essentials sale run?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Lol you can get retail games for $7

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Fire watch is what I'm stoked for

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Hotline Miami for $2 with crossbuy is too good to pass up

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

BadAstronaut posted:

I want to know what February's PS+ games are so I can post about them in an angry fashion.

Go to metacritic and reverse sort the scores

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I thought Broforce was that pewdiepie game at first, so I will be happy no matter which game wins

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

ryden posted:

Speaking of Katamari, the PSP version is on sale. I could never play it on a PSP because you used the analog nub and face buttons to control it, which I couldn't get used to at all. Does anyone know if there is a way to remap the controls on that so you can use the Vita's right stick instead of the face buttons?

Bought both katamari games in this sale, both own, APK: always play katamari

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Stoked (no pun intended) for fire watch

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Captain Novolin posted:

True Story: campo santo (firewatch devs) guys downloaded corn love forever and tried to reverse-engineer it because the ps4 does not support video for themes. it is an amazingly complex series of looping sprite animations layered over eachother carefully.

corn love forever is literally a technical achievement on the ps4

What? Is there a blog post From them on this or something?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Suicide Pacmen posted:

will someone explain why fire watch is interesting and not just gone home in the woods

If you watch that "first 17 minutes of gameplay" video and it doesn't look interesting, it's probably not your game

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

AOTKPTW posted:

What time do the stores update? Really keen on getting Firewarch as soon as it's available. I'm in the UK but have both a UK and US account.

Same question here, want to play it asap. I'm in the us

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Bought worms for $6 because it's more of the same and that's what I want in a worms game

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Billy Elliot posted:

I was thinking the same with worms, but I've bought that game 20 times I feel on every platform and play none of them.

Yeah I never play them single player or online, but when I have friends over, the cost of admission for worms becomes worth it.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Pat Mustard posted:

At least until the TLC update comes out.

TOASTYYYYY

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Mayor McCheese posted:

I enjoyed Octodad, but I don't think it's exclusive.

Is octodad better on ps4 or vita?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Mayor McCheese posted:

I have only ever played it on the PS4 with couch coop mode. Was pretty great.

I guess I can always get it on ps4 and remote play it too

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Real hurthling! posted:

i don't see pbs as a channel on the ps vue list. do i have to ota that if i subscribe?

Just PM me for the deets on this season of Downton Abbey bro

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

barren_sky posted:

No Man's Sky is showing up as CAN$59.99 on the Canadian PS Store (accessed through PS4), which would be about a $35 savings including taxes. The problem is the link is dead right now. If you want it digital keep F5ing and hopefully you can get in at a discount.

I'm hoping these release dates are wrong?

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Mar 4, 2016

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I dunno, other than the controller bug, Broforce is pretty fun, imo. They need to fix that controller bug though

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I sat down and put an hour or so into Broforce today and two things stand out:

1) holy poo poo that controller problem. In the level where you start by getting shelled from above, the controller bug really fucks you.

2)Broforce is really loving fun, like REALLY fun.

March was absolutely a great ps+ month for Broforce alone

Has anyone had any luck playing online? Both times I tried the level loaded and the camera went wonky, and all the vehicle and enemy sprites dropped through the floor?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Also apparently the Broforce devs hate the bone?

https://twitter.com/free_lives/status/694529754213584897

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Hey if you are having Broforce troubles fill out this survey for the Dev to track issues plz, I want dat controller patch

https://twitter.com/free_lives/status/705033036698656768

Last Broforce post for a while I promise

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Mar 8, 2016

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Awesome! posted:

why do they need a survey? aside from someone maybe using a 3rd party controller (shouldnt matter) the whole point of a console is you dont need to do poo poo like this with your users

I don't know/care why they need it, I just want the controller bug fixed

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Awesome! posted:

its not good but thats also not that much money

The Gamers Gamble

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Any news on a us Easter sale?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Weird flash sale, I feel like there aren't any big name games

E: other than Peggle which I of course bought instantly

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Mar 19, 2016

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Real hurthling! posted:

oh poo poo bully on ps4! does the ps2 version hold up to the 360 release?

Do we know if it's a PS2PS4 release or if it's a remaster?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

When does the US store normally update? Because I want to open palm slam my mouse or phone screen and buy Bully the nanosecond it hits the store.

That will make Ps2, wii, 360, and now ps4 that I own that game on, and it's always worth it

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

When does the US store normally update? Because I want to open palm slam my mouse or phone screen and buy Bully the nanosecond it hits the store.

That will make Ps2, wii, 360, and now ps4 that I own that game on, and it's always worth it

Hell yes purchased and downloading so I can play after work. :pcgaming:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Enjoy being on a watchlist and eventually having to tell your neighbors about the game you bought so that they can decide if they should sell their house

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Broforce owns and I m glad I got it on ps+ because I had never heard of it before and playing it also made me buy it on steam so I could have it on my laptop and never have to go without Broforce between my pc, ps4 and vita

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Stux posted:

sorry actually ur objectively worng and brofroce is worset han people dying - yoya

I would police brutalize everyone to play Broforce

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Or even the ps2 katamari game released on ps4

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I wish crackdown wasn't Xbox exclusive

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

juliuspringle posted:

Skills for kills agent. Skills for kills.

Hell yeah!

Ugh yes, gently caress the moving orbs.

I never drove anywhere in that game, I just loving leapt from building to building and power stomped every enemy I came across. Also the heat seeking rpg owned in crackdown. If you couldn't kick a boss to death, you could rpg them.

Anyway, I'm getting that infamous might scratch that crackdown itch? Which one should I start with, having never played any of them?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I feel like I played that on 360 and hated the way it controlled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Play forming coop? BROFORCE

• Locked thread