Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting
Bellamy turned into an unstoppable ninja in Mt Weather. Maybe hes playing a deep game with Pike. That would make him less terrible and make sense out out of that coy "Trust me" at the gate. Maybe someone has already warned the grounders.

Thread needs a different title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FRINGE
May 23, 2003

Snak posted:

Yeah, but I felt like he was learning from Clarke.
Yeah the mountain eps were ridiculous but made him a good reformed-hero character.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003

TyrantWD posted:

There is no long term coexistence possible for these two sides.
If we take this out of tv-land for a minute, then you make a peace and work to enforce it using all the leverage you have on both sides. After a couple generations its "the has it has always been" and things move on.

Thats boring for a show so here we are.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003

Azhais posted:

I think the main problem is that Kane and Clarke are the only two members of skycrew that are capable of making rational decisions
Theyre willing to work with the other culture directly.

Theres a lot of irony in that since the grounders are the remnants of America and Pike is an example of a Good American mindset so he wants to kill them all. :v:

FRINGE
May 23, 2003

Noctone posted:

I could sympathize with Pike and Bellamy if the plan was to go out and gently caress up some Ice Nation scum, but instead the plan essentially boils down to cold-blooded murder of the nearest Grounders they can find (and ones Bellamy should know better than to blindly mistrust, at that) and it's really lame, asinine writing.
Yeah this.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003

Dalael posted:

Season 3 of any show is usually when Goons start complaining about shows, often whether they have a real reason to or not.
Some shows dont actually come together until season three(ish). (Supernatural and SG1 seemed like that to me.) But the ones that start out at a breakneck speed and are scared to slow down tend to start coming apart manufacturing crisis after crisis.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
Minor spoilers:

http://nerdist.com/the-100-creator-digs-into-bellamys-dark-evolution/

FRINGE
May 23, 2003

Dalael posted:

I think the show is pretty much grounded in reality.
People in The 100 are better, more cautious decision makers than real life americans.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003

TyrantWD posted:

If the show continues beyond this season, I could see the Ark people being forced to leave and go west/south outside of Lexa's territory where they run into some small high-tech societies living in some ruins and we begin the conflict-peace-conflict thing all over again.
It will be aliens eventually. This show is a theme mashup that could be used for a Numenera (or whatever) game. Sooner or later it will be space-rift or aliens to bring an extra level of "outsiders" to the mashup.

So far we've had

The "under the mountain" people with special powers
The lost savages that can regain their powers (guns) when they come to terms with themselves
The fallen sky people making their way in the dirt
The omniscient non-human that has Better Plans than the mortals understand
The evolved Special Blood people that are destined to rule

etc etc

FRINGE
May 23, 2003

hollylolly posted:

I imagine the toxic sap is a feature of the post-nuclear war world
Its actually here. We are the 100.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchineel

quote:

Standing beneath the tree during rain will cause blistering of the skin from mere contact with this liquid (even a small drop of rain with the milky substance in it will cause the skin to blister). The sap has also been known to damage the paint on cars. Burning the tree may cause ocular injuries if the smoke reaches the eyes. Contact with its milky sap (latex) produces bullous dermatitis, acute keratoconjunctivitis and possibly large corneal epithelial defects.

The Carib Indians used the sap of this tree to poison their arrows and would tie captives to the trunk of the tree, ensuring a slow and painful death.

GIS for "manchineel tree burns" if you need the gross.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
So this show seriously suspended itself because people on tumblr cried about something?

FRINGE
May 23, 2003

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Examples of ones I've heard about : ... fans of the game Dragon Age.
Yeah this is suppose to be the age of tolerance or some poo poo but come the gently caress on.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003

Robutt posted:

How long until the next episode? :ohdear:
Probably not until the internet isnt mad anymore.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
Or soon. You never know!

FRINGE
May 23, 2003

Troposphere posted:

the gross way they killed Lincoln has pissed even more people off and it's all trending on Twitter constantly.
It would have been worse writing if another magic miracle saved lincoln from being stubborn again.

The thing I want to see go down in flames is twitter and all the drama it serves as a free no-effort megaphone for.

Troposphere posted:

also protect poc characters is trending on Twitter right now
All that could happen is that writers will avoid using anything but straight white people in any non-trivial sitcom from now on. Twitter wins!

Whittle is going on to American Gods. Good for him getting away from this shitshow of juvenile twitter drama.

Troposphere posted:

as "a creative" I'm gonna say
Wait are you just trolling?

Is this a game? If I tap you on the shoulder and say "now youre a tree!" does that mean you go outside and stop typing about twitter?

FRINGE
May 23, 2003

Troposphere posted:

just because you disagree with me doesn't mean my profession magically changes
I have no idea what you do aside from post about reading twitter all day, but the phrase "IM A CREATIVE!" is pretty loving weird here regardless if youre a trash collector or Salvadore Dali.

Twitter is bad for your brain.

1: Go outside
2: Do whatever your art is

FRINGE
May 23, 2003

Astroman posted:

The one thing that confuses me though is if all the black bloods are part of a "class" together, and kill each other, how is the Ice Nation Nu Commander the same age as Lexa? If Luna was the only survivor of that "class" besides Lexa, and the next group were the Younglings that just got killed, how does the new Commander fit in all that? Was she just a black blood that lived way up north in Ice Nation and never came down for the Commander Deathmatch?
Its probably a sign of nanite blood contamination and someone shot up the ice nation girl at some point.

More lore will probably come when Clarke reads the old quickstart slave-yourself-to-the-AI manual or gives it to Raven or something.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
Murphy is a great foil/sidekick but Im not sure if that presence would necessarily make a good lead.

Like he was good in Continuum too, but again he was a good foil for other types of characters.

Depends on the actors ability to change to a more lead presence I guess.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
A lot of the threads are potentially converging.

Bellamy is the thing that bothered me the most, but at this point I just see him as a sadbrain PTSD kid who fell in with a comfortable authority figure and is trying to dig his way back out again.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003

VagueRant posted:

I care. I would actually like it if people didn't shitpost in here.
There's a lot of bluster about wiping out the other side in both plots, but I think there hasn't been any plotline crossover since Pike's massacre.
I dont think a wipeout is likely.

The blackbloods will converge with the AI story, and this will drag everything else along the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FRINGE
May 23, 2003

Rhyno posted:

the fandom would lose their poo poo if
Clark would burn tumblr to the ground. And then cry about it to Bellamy. This would obviously lead to the inevitable child.

• Locked thread