Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

CainsDescendant posted:

Look it's obvious Griffin's a bad dm

bad dms don't do what the players want or enjoy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
the metrics that really mattered were that the channel would lose subscribers every time they went live, which has an easy answer (going live reminds people that they're subscribed) but is still a hard metric to ignore

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
IMO it's pretty clear in recent years that how good or lovely a comics hero was in past forms doesn't really reflect how they will be in whatever new adaptation happens with them in it

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
young beardless travis always reminds me of Chris Kattan

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
what do those photos have anything to do with travis other than 'both people have their mouths open in a photo'

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
okay so why is that a thing you felt like you needed to post

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
louie zong, easily

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

A Moose posted:

Yeah, are you guys high? That was a great episode! Everything that made it in the recording was good.

There's people in this thread who really dislike live taz/mbmbam eps no matter what, and there are similarly people who can't get enough of them

I've never understood it.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
xander is in fact one of the prime examples given in the sourcebook for that character type, too (I forget if it's outright mentioned in the podcast)

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I think it's fine and I think their reason to move away from the Bachelor was a good decision, even if it left the podcast fairly directionless

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Silynt posted:

I know that it’s part of his whole shtick, and that it’s borderline blasphemy to say this, but I get really annoyed when Justin starts laughing at his own joke or story that he’s in the process of trying to say out loud. In 90% of those situations, when he finally gets out whatever was cracking him up so much it has lost any potential for humor that it might have had.

i mean it's not a 'shtick' it's something that happens to him legit sometimes

there's a great moment in the mcelroy tv show where he starts stumbling with a goof and the other two goad him so much about it he starts laughing so hard he turns red

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
it's apparently someone named joe coughlin/"inturnaround" and it appears to be literally the only thing he's done for maxfun

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
this is what al borland does, ignore him

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Ches Neckbeard posted:

You're right people complaining about Bortland who is the real monster here for taking this completely not seriously

did he like ask you to come in to defend him lol

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Alaois posted:

close your loving mouth travis

are you still on that 'soyboy' poo poo lmao

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
you wish it was limited to just stuff on the internet

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
also I'd be shocked if MF didn't outright collapse without the mcelroy family on it given how they've ended up orders of magnitude more successful than the other like seventy people on the network + I wouldn't doubt it if that wasn't in the back of any of their heads if they ever did consider a patreon instead

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Entropic posted:

I will never, ever get tired of the boys doing Dracula voices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExsNJu0TIAY

it's hard to beat louie zong
https://twitter.com/everydaylouie/status/942874524835512321?lang=en

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
good news! they in fact continue to be funny

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
it's scheduling not licensing

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

um excuse me posted:

I guess it's not as lucrative as what they do now.

writing, organizing, and filming a television show is a pretty huge project

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
personally I think travis is maybe playing this up for a joke

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
'hey honey these people are fans and will be excited about things sometimes' 'oh okay I probably could've guessed that'

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

um excuse me posted:

I guess I should be more specific. It's hard to describe making fun of a specific subset of people while not being offensive without the context of a comedy show.

maybe it's hard to describe what's good about making fun of marginalized groups because it isn't actually a good thing

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

thexerox123 posted:

How did you turn "a subset of people" into "marginalized groups"?

the person I was responding to was originally responding to this post

wizzardstaff posted:

Whenever someone complains about how you can't be crude or gonzo in comedy because of the :siren: SJW Fun Police :siren: I want to point them toward the McElroys. Their entire career is proof that you can make funny "clean" jokes without bowdlerization.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

thexerox123 posted:

Except this came between those two posts:

that is in fact the post I was talking about, the one where they were responding to wizzard's post

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

um excuse me posted:

Warranted or not, I was saying to be your own person, don't seek validation by following trends. It should be something that is supported. You want to complain because I was a little rough on the delivery fine. I don't want to poo poo up the thread but you guys are doing most of the work. Chill.

people might be getting on your case because all you do in this thread is make weird attacks and this one was just more weird than usual

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
mort garson owns

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
there's about enough of a goof in the bk piss meal to fit into a tweet and not a lot more than that (and it being marketing for mental health -- even though it's very tone deaf marketing -- might make them decide to pass)

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Waffleman_ posted:

Also it being a jab at McDonald's kinda undermines any legitimate point it might have about mental health

one of the non-piss meals is called the 'yass meal' so i imagine some marketing rear end in a top hat asked an intern what kids these days were like and all they got was 'memes and depression'

which, yknow, tracks

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
'people on facebook' have every opinion on everything if you look hard enough

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
this is certainly a fun and entertaining conversation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Alaois posted:

careful before flatluigi calls you alt-right for thinking its very funny to ask for content warnings on mentions of food and horses

pretty sure it was you constantly going off about gamergate poo poo on twitter that made me call you alt-right but nice try anyway