Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Yea, this is a really good OP but it should also include the gameplay overview series Justin and Griffin do. Justin put up a playlist of a lot of them but he hasn't been keeping it updated with the newer ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Ariong posted:

The only time I can forsee a PC dying without their player organizing a big event with the DM beforehand is if they do something monumentally stupid, like intentionally putting on a Grand Relic. Then again, there is always resurrection. Basically, it's going to be a capital bee Big capital jee Deal.
I can imagine Griffin working in somebody dying but hanging around in Ghost Form or something, then having the Void Fish puke up a clone of the character next time they go to the moon.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbKrlJgwI4A

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Vargs posted:

What did they say, exactly? I haven't been following the podcast.
I think it was "Something Awful forums-level nickel and diming" while discussing monetisation of the game :v:

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Ariong posted:

I hope the Taako takes a look into the Plane of Thought gem and sees a family gathered around a glowing box holding yellow semicircles, and it fades to the next scene just as one of them goes to take a bite.
I was honestly expecting Griffin to do some weird fourth-wall breaking poo poo where he zoomed out to show a family of adorable dorks rolling dice next to their computers...

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Travis343 posted:

If it wasn't for mbmbam I would be unaware of just how many pointless Internet product subscription services there are.
OTOH, I ended up pulling the trigger on some MeUndies a while ago and they are for real the most incredible pants wrought by man. God I hope they start making socks as well.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

I am pretty disappointed in Griffin for not immediately spotting the potential for wintrading in that social media snitch situation.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

so uh

am i the only one having a problem with a grown rear end man getting into a swimming pool with socks on?

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Well if that's what he was going for he really should have worn sandals as well :colbert:

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

SpacePig posted:

I still hold Boy Mayor as the best, only because he's the best example of the "No Middle Sliders" spirit of the show, but Ja'am is the truest monster to come out of all this.
This may be a minority opinion but I feel like they really didn't probe the limits of what's possible in Spore. I distinctly remember it being possible to do things like attach legs to other legs and hold down a key combination to make asymmetrical creatures.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Isn't TrumpTV also launching tomorrow? :tinfoil:

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Democratic Pirate posted:

I like to think that an NPC trader who is trying to introduce the world to the concept of his tacos has been present in every populated place they've gone to, but the boys don't go off the rails enough to find him.
So they'll have to go around again in NG+ to 100% everything?

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Kenny Logins posted:

Taako is bar none the most dynamic and interesting PC of THB, it's not hard to get why people are thirsty for him. Granted, it's still fair to say he owes a lot of his popularity to the support from his dad and brother who let him shine.
I honestly find Taako the character far more entertaining and humorous than Justin the human. (Justin the human is still p. cool though)

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

quote:

The brothers brought this ethic to their work on the MBMBaM TV show, too. There’s one question per episode, with the brothers spending most of the half-hour researching—“researching”—their answer. It feels like a cross between Going Deep with David Rees (aka one of the funniest and most empathetic TV shows in recent memory) and Pee-Wee’s Playhouse, somehow, though that may mostly be in set design. With fewer listener voices, the relationships between the brothers expand to fill more of the show, but there’s a new character, too, one the McElroys wanted to make sure to do right by: the town of Huntington, West Virginia.
Info for people who were wondering about the format of the upcoming show.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

xkcd answers an important MBMBaM conundrum

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Coffee And Pie posted:

I'm at work and I accidentally hit play on my phone at full volume just long enough for Griffin to yell "IT'S A GAMESHARK"
I used to listen to MBMBaM at work and I had to stop after somebody walked past right as Griffin was screaming "I'M GONNA gently caress THAT GOOSE"

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Poque posted:

Holy gently caress I laughed myself hoarse at the newest Touch The Skyrim
I made the mistake of watching it while eating dinner and I very nearly threw up

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

HookedOnChthonics posted:

Yeah, youtube archives streams
This is good to know, I'm definitely watching this later. The lag on the livestream is intolerable.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

timp posted:

Yeah, it's a straight up and down retcon. Just pretend that Merle has been worshipping Pan his whole life, especially since he didn't really call on his old god during Gerblins at all, and also doesn't even remember his name :lol:
I was listening to the first episode again not long ago where the boys are setting up their characters. Did you remember that Taako worships Olmec?

Edit: Wait I just realised this plays into the "Taako is a Mexican elf" thing, haha

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Ariong posted:

I thought it was Ogma.
Ah in that case I guess I had fluff in my ears and was too busy thinking about Spelunky.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Deport The Irish posted:

Who wouldn't want this high quality and very good t-shirt design?

I'm the mouse cursor

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

PostNouveau posted:

You know what was good? Those Hearthstone videos Griffin would do with that other guy. He should go back to doing those instead of these solo adventures.
I miss the sometimes serious / sometimes comedy game reviews and commentary Griffin and Justin used to do. I actually bought a couple of games I would have otherwise never given a second look on the back of those.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Ariong posted:

My favorite part was the part where Griffin made the man's mouth open very wide, and then kept making it open wider and wider until it was so wide that my soul got sucked into it and now I'm in hell. Also the big middle fingers.
As somebody who hasn't watched the episode yet, I cannot tell if this is an accurate description of a Griffin McElroy video or an excerpt from Griffin McElroy erotic fiction.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Is there still a MBMBaM 'sampler' link or whatever? I want to introduce a friend but I'd rather give them a 5–10 minute series of clips rather than have them listen to a whole episode.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

dmboogie posted:

Is there any reason in particular that they stopped?
They stopped just when it was getting really good. It's called edging

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Somebody on Reddit found a Twitter account attached to that game-generating neural network. It's so, so good and I really need them to make riffing on these a regular Cool Games Inc feature.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Serf posted:

I haven't actually heard an ad for another podcast in a long time since I just skip through the money zone every time.
The MBMBaM money zone segments are quite literally the only advertising in any medium that I don't go out of my way to block or avoid. I really respect them for being willing to (presumably) let sponsors go rather than 'stay on message'; they make sponsorship just another natural segment of the show and ultimately it allows them to advertise pretty much anything without tarnishing their own personal brand.

Edit: I guess you were specifically talking about the pre-recorded bits for other podcasts which are trash but whatever I'm leaving this here

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

SpacePig posted:

I wish I had enough friends to play a Jack Box game more complex than Drawful. Quiplash seems like a lot of fun.
I've played a few games via people streaming on Twitch. The trick is finding a stream with enough people for a game but not so many that you never get a chance to join in.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Do you all watch these streams live? Are they on Twitch or something? Once or twice I've thought "hey I'll check out these PUBG videos, I don't know what this game is all about" but they're all about two freaking hours long.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

He ain't lyin'

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Pocky In My Pocket posted:

Well, we're running in circles here so I'm gonna drop it I guess
Did the same guy invent geometry or was that somebody else? :confused:

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Who What Now posted:

I've yet to find a political podcast that wasn't by and for morons barely capable of making the most tepid of hot takes and I don't want our good good boys going near any of them.
Allow me to introduce you to a little show called The Bugle

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

PostNouveau posted:

Nobody's even said it's Nick they're vaguely talking about?

Is this what Twitter is always like?
Yea, a lot of Twitter is essentially celebrity gossip mags for the 21st century. Take my advice, stick to the parts of Twitter that just post gags or rate dogs out of 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

The stealth 420 is choice :discourse: