Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I wanted to make a Bart, because I love Bart!

Hhahah, don't cow el barto!

I owned this book. I went to Mr T Ate My Balls as a kid because of this book. I might still own this book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

SpacePig posted:

To the point that the screen would be showing boom mikes and cables? I understand messing up the projection, but to Justin's point, why would that stuff have been filmed in the first place?

It's called "open matte", you film leaving plenty of wiggle room on the frame (often picking up boom mics, camera tracks, etc) with the anticipation that the movie will be cropped into different aspect ratios afterwards.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

I do post-production for Jordan, Jesse, COME!

It's a much messier job than I was anticipating :(

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Fellatio del Toro posted:

I want to forgive, but this is about ethics in video gape journalism..

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Obligatory Toast posted:

No lie, his Jimmy Buffet lifestyle upsets me greatly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeEbMykp4Pk

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Puh... puh... *collapses, trembling* please... mmph... pleeeaaa-- *dry heaves* hnng... please mmmmarry my boooooy *sobs*

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

In ten years, we'll reminisce about that time Griffin turned into a pillar of pure light

Remember the old days, before Bliss Delight folded through the many realms and became the all-being? :allears:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

I was sobbing at my office desk this morning because of the purple flowers question as opposed to the usual reasons :)

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Waffleman_ posted:

I think the whole switcheroo was a bad idea. I didn't really like anything that came out of it except for the McElroy Flophouse episode, and even that was just okay.

On the other hand, I started listening to MBMBaM because I'm a Flophouse listener and got won over by their switcheroo episode :)

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Rose Buddies follows a format similar to most bad movie podcasts, where they cover the material thoroughly enough that you don't need to have watched it necessarily to get what they're talking about. My favorite episode thus far, and a good starting point for new listeners, has to be the one-off for Please Marry My Boy.

Just... please... someone... someone just... marry this boy... *weeps*

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

There was a rubber shark involved in the Crab Shack story, and they name drop glass shark then, but as far as I know the origin is,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gYgXxIRmac

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

toanoradian posted:

Was there ever a Roman Mars/Justin collaboration or did I just dream that? I remember something about...pools?

You remember right :keke:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtnhVmkpHxY

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

And John Goodman played a central character in Pyst, the Myst parody made by members of Firesign Theatre. The 90's were charmingly insane.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

On topic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQK9bfusqbc

:smith:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

It's fun to see the show go totally off the rails from time to time :allears:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Promo episode trip report: It's familiar, but not too familiar, but not too not familiar :q:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

In short, the Elliott Kalan songs are the Sadlibs of the Flophouse

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

There's a part about forty one minutes in to the new Roze Buddiez where Griffin starts making good date sounds and during it my bones turned to ash and flooded out of my mouth and rolled into a ball and flung itself into outer space and now I'm a puddle dude :(

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Can't wait for some fresh fanart for everyone's favorite new character, Naim Nayme from Pub Liccacion

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Like Han Solo seeing Darth Vader at the table, you'd start shooting before the signal made it all the way from your eyes to your brain

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Munch Squad is probably my favorite bit they've ever had, and every time Justin starts rumbling that telltale riff under his breath I start grinning and bouncing in my chair :neckbeard:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

While I'd prefer to hear them interact more on this arc, I actually kinda like the idea of them not really being super close and having different social cliques within the IPRE until being brought together by the events of the story thus far :shobon:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Then there's Ned and Stacy, a show about two people who seem to hate each other that get married because he needs to be wed for his job and she needs somewhere to live. The show featured Thomas Haden Church and Debra Messing, and was written and produced by cocaine.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

292 is probably my favorite episode front to back, if I had to pick one. There's also the instantly classic Portland trilogy, best enjoyed in chronological order - 347, 349, TMBWbiT2 pilot.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

You're crossing wires as in Corinne was the woman that was sexually assaulted while Rachel was the woman that was made to keep a bigot on her show these programs are god drat dog food in a dumpster

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

They had a fairly embarrassing Doom preview around the same time as a really quite embarrassing VR gun range review, and have had a few pretty bad clickbait videos. They've been getting a lot better, though, especially since they've leaned their shoulder into being the Weird Twitter of videogame sites.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

JethroMcB posted:

Travis' headshot is very funny to me.

@midnight, featuring everyone's favorite McElroy Brothers - early thirties Justin, early twenties Travis, and Griffin

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

...and then it gets surreal and meta when you hear Griffin and Rachel on Rose Buddies have the same conversation about their familiarly with the people on The Bachelor shows :catdrugs:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

It can help improve rolls if you're trying to glean information about artifacts, locations, people or groups of interest, etc

e:f,b

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

The Hunger mixed Pringles with warm water and drank him :(

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Tres Horny Boys :heysexy:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Today this morning I went on down to the Dollar General to get that all time best Justin character that I crave, but what did I find starin' back at me?

Braaaaand Ecchh.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Roach Warehouse posted:

Not quite the same thing, but my fave MBMBaM character might be the frail old man who you should know at the bank.

If I had even a glimmer of talent I'd make an animatic of that bit, with chibi versions of the boys standing on each other's shoulders in a long overcoat. All Griffin in a pair of Groucho glasses on top, all Justin and Travis poking their heads out of the jacket to crack wise, all toppling over mid way through but still trying to run the grift :allears:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

At the end with Magnus when he was in his bed, all goals accomplished at the end of a long life, surrounded by his loved ones and at total peace, I was hoping against hope that an assassin would dive into the room and stab him, and everyone would agree it was the most opportune time for him to be murdered

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Round Three is fire, I put it on sometimes when I'm jogging :D

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Waffleman_ posted:

A peek at what's surely going to be the next Munch Squad.

https://twitter.com/tacobell/status/897581962356957184

Wait did these motherfuckers just try to take credit for inventing the omelet

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

That sounds like Clint, alright :shobon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QC_18Zbs-VY

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

If you've been reluctant to listen to Rose Buddies because of the subject matter, check out their episodes on Baby TV and Good Things That We Like, they're great intros to the show's style without any of the icky stuff. If you're up for a little icky but still don't want to watch the shows or even remember the contestants' names, the Roze Buddiez episode on Please Marry My Boy and the Are You The One miniseries are fantastic - really, any of the Roze Buddiez stuff is a safe bet.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Ariong posted:

DoombatINC I have something serious to ask of you. It is SUPER important to me, personally.

Does it involve your boy and the please marrying thereof? :ohdear:

Democratic Pirate posted:

The latest Rose Buddies was me realizing Griffin and I have very different tastes when it comes to making imaginary tv shows.

Me too, actually. I felt strongly opposed to almost every choice he made, which felt weird because I didn't know that I had preconceived biases about what I wanted in a made-up dating series :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Who What Now posted:

I feel like the episode suffered because the audience couldn't contain themselves and poo poo their pants in glee and excitement at even the merest hint of a callback or a goof.

They were remarkably horny for this one, to be sure