Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

drunken officeparty posted:

So apparently there is a skyscraper map that I've never seen in years of owning this game???

It was in 1.6 if it's the one that's under construction. You can fall off the sides. Good fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Why would anyone care if gaben goes to an event?

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Who cares why would anyone be impressed by a token effort of valve to go sit in some seats

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Will there be souvenir drops from the Atlanta tourny?

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Dust2 isn't bad but I just leave every map checked and I still only play it 9 times out of 10. Sometimes I want to play not-dust2

I just wished more people played the reserve maps. I'm pretty sure you could check dust and aztec and leave the house for a medical education and come back and it would still be queued.

e: what I actually want to see is a graph that breaks down the accounts currently playing CS:GO by when CS 1.6 was installed on it. I'm curious how many current players played back then.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

There's some !drops to be had right boys

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

I made my crosshair on a website and copy pasted a big long thing into console to apply it a while ago. How can I remove the dot in the middle without having to try and guesstimate and completely recreate it sans dot.

cl_crosshairdot 0

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Buller posted:

Okay North this is it, if you can't beat Hell Raisers you are official baddies.

Hellraisers 16-9

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Oh my god the pasha nade

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Why do they all play with their keyboards like that

You mean tilted over? A lot of the time in old tournaments you didn't have a lot of room on the table so if you can maximize your space usage it paid off. It's also a "claw" thing you can google, just a preference.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Sorry but jdm64 is a shithead loser. I saw him spazz out on someone in a broadcast match just acting like a child. The broadcasters had to rotate the free camera so the in-game chat was in the sky and less legible because it was so embarrassing for the entire organization.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

stump collector posted:

N I C E

e: what documentary, what match if possible

Was some minor online match like a year ago I don't remember. It was on train after the rework.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Is there no team called CS white male

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

nftyw posted:

So like, do you think the UMP is going to get hella nerfed in the aftermath of Atlanta? Or maybe they'll rework SMGs in general esp. the Bizon and MP7?

Probably not!

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

When are they going to add unranked 5v5? Has anything been said about this by valve?

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

How many more matches are today?

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

loving hilarious

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Pros don't fakeeeeeeee

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Galil is a fantastic rifle for me. Love it.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Galil just seems to have stopping power at range that you don't get with the famas.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

+Inferno
- Dust2

I want a cool loving dust1 remake tbh

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Anyone want to play? Grinding out of silver from inactive decay.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Goofballs posted:

At least cs doesn't as far as we know have those parents who kill their kids through neglect because they're too plugged in like the mmos do.

No but I've seen a good share of 'parents' in the game who are obviously so retarded that their kids are no better off.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

I just got a 30 minute ban in the third round on office for too much team damage and I was absolutely not trying to.

e: it also loving deranked me

Do you realize how much team dmg that actually requires?

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

surc posted:

After the face stomping we received in the Hellcase tournament, Just Some Handsome Boys (The CEVO team edition) are back at it again! We play our first pre-season game tonight at 6:30PM PST. Me and Flashbang (Unbound) will be streaming from our POVs:

me: https://www.twitch.tv/surc_
flashbang: https://www.twitch.tv/flashbanglive

What rank are you guys? Just curious where the bar for entry is when it comes to getting a team together for tourny stuff. I was in a goonman with a couple Handsome Boys last week.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Bohemian Nights posted:

Don't underestimate the value of a good nadestack followed by a cheeky push down banana and remember to check that dang ct boost when entering b!!

Ignore this and go apartments every round

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

U/n post combo drat

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

TBH if I step in front of someone or someone on my team snaps around and collats me while headshotting an enemy player I usually tell them it's fine don't worry about it and I'm legit just amused by it. Even in comp.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

stump collector posted:

you dont actually use that do you

i googled 250hz hp crt and could only find your posts from the previous iteration of this thread

https://www.cnet.com/products/hp-pavilion-m70-crt-monitor-17-series/specs/

e: I'm guessing it's overclocked to 250hz?

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Sub.io thread in private servers

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

A TURGID FATSO posted:

The one by Hard Clan was the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYT14fEF8Y8

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Probably playing to the weird military fetishism that cs players have.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Audax posted:

Heck, I bought 2 r8 fade skins for $3 each and they're up to like $4.50 now already.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

^is that irrespective of having g-sync?

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Into the Ocean posted:

This is gonna sound terrible, but map call-out spots are a huge hampering to me. I tried to google some stuff about callouts, but they all direct me to awful, what I think is, convoluted overlays. I have no idea what's good

I should mention I'm a huge jerk newbie.

In the beginning of the match run around spamming your push to talk key and you'll see the name of your location by your voice icon. One weird trick that teammates hate.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Once you get to a higher level of play your teammates will instead give you more useful information like if the person is lit or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Why is the little corner under A on d2 called elevator

You boost teammates up there like an elevator. It's also called Closet because you go in there with your boyfriend.