Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup
let's just have Vanguard again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

goldblums eyes posted:

So I've only played ~5 DM games of cs but I've watched probably ~60+ hours of cs on twitch. I caved and bought my 144hz asus monitor, a NAOS 7000, and a clown-sized mouse pad. I've read this OP, have watched a bunch of YouTube tutorials, have practiced sprays for the guns I'll use and have studied to know basically all call outs. I'm still nervous to play, and I realized.... some people don't do any of this. They just buy the game and play it. I don't know if this should make me more relieved that I won't be "bad" right away, or more nervous to play with shitheads who know ACTUALLY nothing. Lol gently caress

that's 60 hours you could have been playing to be Less Bad

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

SealHammer posted:

I've gotten so used to playing goonmans and having teammates who actually communicate and cooperate and aren't total toxic pieces of trash that I've forgotten how to carry in solo q (because playing to carry when you can't rely on your team requires you to do some really weird/unconventional pubstar poo poo).
Carrying can make you feel like a boss though, I'm a GN2 and was queued with another GN2, and I think a S1, S3, and another S3 and they were just getting obliterated. We were behind bad T side on Nuke, and near the end I went on a rampage and had won us 5 rounds in a row with 3 or 4 kills each round up to a 16-14 defeat. Was dropping bombs on people on Inferno after that but we still had a close loss because even when you're above and beyond who you're fighting it's still tough to win when 3 of your teammates can't be relied upon to do simple things like trade an entry frag or even hold a position competently.

Speaking of goonmans though, I want to get into it but the OP is a bit of a mess with it. The buttmen brigade server isn't even found in the CS community search and the sub.io one was showing empty all last night when I was checking.

e: toxic trash sucks too, I've had to unfriend two people in like a week that were just being poo poo on the mic, either endlessly venting out their frustrations on the mic or endlessly poo poo talking other people on the team, you can't win with poo poo like that going on

metallicaeg fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Feb 10, 2016

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Bohemian Nights posted:

e: just in case you don't know, there are three grenade firing modes, left click, left+right click and right click, all of which will throw the grenade different distances. Left and right click is what you'll use the most, and the simplest flashes thrown for yourself almost all involve right clicking
I've played 400+ hours and this will be the third GO thread that I've read from front to back and I've never known about a left+right click for nades until this post

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Backalley remains the only good cs_ map to have existed

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Smol posted:

Just came from work. How has NiP been playing? Any cool new strats?

that's fuckin brilliant

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Bohemian Nights posted:

I have made a video with some jan/feb recordings and I have set it to the soothing sounds of SBTRKT and you can view it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfVjWQm__k8

Tomorrow is our team's second league match (and the first of three this month) and I guess I'll probably make a short highlight thing out of that unless we get trounced

The maps are inferno (good for us) and train (send help)

NICE COD GUN BRUH

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

mcvey posted:

e: your ability to aim will usually outpace your other skills in CS. Unless you're a decrepit old man whose been playing this poo poo for too long.

This is true, some kid earlier said I had the reaction times of a potato, and when I said I was old, 30 was his first guess at "old"

and he was correct, I'm hitting 30 soon

Still outscored his rear end though

e: .9@800 sens

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

What are those little packets that I've seen these players use in their hands between rounds?

E: go LG, tired of seeing fnatic win everything

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

I would totally bang that British caster chick TBQH.

Same

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

to add to mousechat: Logitech's G303 is light, colorful if you want it that way, amazing for a claw gripper like myself, and the optical sensor in it has plenty of nerds going on about why it's the best one out there right now

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

I think we can all agree gently caress fnatic though right

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

osker posted:

If you like smaller mice, try the Logitech G303

G303 owns bones, I love mine

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

sterster posted:

Had an interesting night in casual trying to farm for a fake gold coin.

First server 2/3 hackers I assume. Becuase they kept posting in chat where to buy hacks and had the 'clan tag' as the same website. Bought Negevs and just started shooting me as soon as the round started. 1 would shoot he'd start to reload and the other would shoot. This means you can't move. Okay gently caress this poo poo. Disconnect. Try again. Oh guess what same server.

Was working on the use an enemy's gun and get X kills. Was in a map with 3 other people 2v2 + bots is awesome to get this going. Had gotten about 10 kills for the mission. It's close to finishing the game. Kill 4 people, can't find the last guy/ want to save the rifle to continue on my mission/ fail to plant. Guy vote kicks me after round finish. What a cock sucker.

I need to hit you up for some of the co-op missions

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

sterster posted:

I don't know who you are. You people who use different names form your forums and ingame. I'm going to guess aborn? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm Glass; I'm not sure which SA name matches to aborn but he's on my friends list too

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

symbolic posted:

Holy poo poo, someone else thinks Fire Serpent is ugly?

:hfive:

The fire serpent is foul; best looking AK skins are, in order, jaguar, wasteland rebel, then the emerald pinstripe

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

!raffle

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Mukaikubo posted:

ok that looks p. hype

Anyone else an NA around the GNs who is cool queueing with a fresh-minted gn1? Solo queueing kind of hurts my soul already.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/caeg/

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

I haven't made a bet on the Lounge in over a year...

...until now

Go Gambit

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

So the intermission video player thing was on Taz and they were saying about how he's the oldest active player and his bald as gently caress head, here I am thinking he's at least 35 or something then I look it up and he's only like 5 months older than me

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

sterster posted:

Whats going on with the stream? Thought they had another half. I was putting the kids to bed so didn't see what happened.

I don't know either. It's one hell of a wait though

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Mukaikubo posted:

how many dang groups are there? GET OFF MY LAWN

not enough to contain your posts

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Phosphene posted:

Cs source or 1.6 had an april fools thing where they would make guns more realistic in that they would jam randomly. This would make for amazing csgo.

Even better if they added in random grenade fumbling so that you'd drop an HE at your own feet

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

snax is such a goon

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

MANAGERRRRRR

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

RIP CLG

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

qhat posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG5rh7wmzYg

Mr. Pink aka Joshua 'Steel' Nissan

I have those same headphones and I'll have to wait until I'm home to be sure but I think he's wearing them backwards

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

The key to overwatch is that anyone that continuously flips/rotates between their knife/gun and constantly stabs the air is someone that hacks

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

qhat posted:

I would always start a kickvote anytime someone came out on the mic with like "just 3 more kills and i get the gold coin" or something like that, and it would pass every single time

savage_meme.jpg

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

I do kevlar as CT, and sit appropriately where I can click heads best and not get glock spammed

dualies as T, as I like to entry and hail bullets

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

MC2552John posted:

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I want my sens to not be so small that can't do a 180 from the center of my mousepad, right? I got a bigger pad and I am trying to figure out how much to lower my sens, thanks.

Nearly the full width of my pad needs to be used to hit the 180, though I'm also using a standard steelseries pad which is something like 14" in width?

e: my sens off the top of my head is .9 at an 800 dpi

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

MC2552John posted:

Wait so going from the center of your mousepad to the edge does a 90 degree turn?

Little bit more than a 90, but yeah.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Loving Life Partner posted:

I'm starting to feel the call of the AWP, I never pick one up or buy one because it's just not my thing, but I was a pretty badass poo poo kicking sniper back in the HLDM/TFC/S&I days and the AWP in CS:GO seems to have a lot less voodoo around it than the one in CS beta 4/5/1/1.6 did.

Anyway, I clutched a 3v1 as a CT today after grabbing one and it felt good :shobon:

2 rando questions:

Is scout early game only or does it serve any type of purpose mid game/late game?

Does anyone else just get tired of spray pattern horse poo poo with rifles and buy easier to control SMGs? The MP7 is like a comfort food gun for me, I know I won't have a "gently caress!" moment where 17 bullets encircle the person's head at close-to-mid-range, and it lets me build a strong eco for late game. I've found myself buying an MP7 maybe 50% of the time I could get a rifle.

You probably enjoy the MP7 because you're still spraying and running. I was watching a d2 match of yours over the weekend, and specifically remember you as a CT were coming out of the CT spawn area, you knew there were multiple Ts coming up long based on your teammate's fights with them, and you were running full out into long exposing yourself, not holding any angles, running full on into 2-3 Ts.

Holding the angle either close to long or at the elevator spot with an AK gives you the advantage of cover and making enemies run into your crosshair. When you have positional advantage, then you only need to place 1-3 AK rounds into someone to take them out rather than 4-6 from an SMG.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Loving Life Partner posted:

Force cs_blingedoutcarz into the active duty roster

do you want a shield to go with that

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Hey, returning CS:Source player here, just picked up GO.

Question - Why are people in casual games always asking for someone to eat their butts, or offering to eat butt, or just bringing up the idea of homosexual butt eating? This happens nearly 60% of the time.

I've been eating rear end for years, but that poo poo is becoming mainstream enough to get into memes. Then when you have a player base of 13 year olds latching onto the latest and dankest of the memes, well there you go.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Which is more acceptable in CS:Go - Male on male rear end eating or The Negev

This is a dumb question, as the negev is always acceptable

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

you shitlords just need a bigger pad

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Hahahahahaha holy poo poo

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Heavy Metal posted:

Speaking of XP, I just went to play competitive mode and it said I can't unless I get a higher rank. I'm at rank 1, I guess you lose your levels/experience over time in this game? I haven't played much CS:GO in at least a year, but I used to play competitive a lot, have a good 52 hours on steam.

Looking at my achievements they're mostly from 2013 and 2014, guess it's been a while. I've played 1566 rounds etc. Guess I'll have to play ye olde casual mode for now.

You don't lose your levels or experience, but that feature was implemented since the last time you had played if it's been that long. Scrap casual and knock out demolition or arms race.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

surc posted:

I hope this is sarcasm, because if you're really blaming Valve for you being bad at a game after 6 months of not playing it, :psyduck:

I woke up with diarrhea today, thanks Valve