Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finger Prince

more falafel please posted:

do you have tortilla chips? because it sounds like you've got the makings of a drat fine migas or chilaquiles

I do have tortilla chips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince

I ended up making rice and beans with the leftover chicken and vegetables and tomatoes and polish sausage and it's drat tasty, plus I got 4 lunches out of it.

Finger Prince

alnilam posted:

[morpheus voice] when you're ready, you won't have to.

Finger Prince

I miss travelling

Finger Prince

Hey yo GaG that's great news.

Finger Prince

I am major bummed out. I was supposed to be on jury duty for the next 6 or so weeks but the judge declared a mistrial today so I have to go back to lovely work tomorrow and forever and it makes me die inside even harder.

Finger Prince

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Did the judge tell your boss or something? How is your office to know?

We could set up a mock trial thread if that helps keep up the illusion.

You have no idea how tempting that is. High risk though, because it's likely to be reported on the news and there's a high probability of being found out. It was a major trial. My supervisor is already gunning for me and I just need to tiptoe on this broken glass for maybe another year max until the economy improves and literally any department that will take me has the budget to hire backfill. gently caress this place.

Finger Prince

Chewbecca posted:

Friend I feel you :smith::hf::smith:

Thanks chewbs, in adversis amici. :unsmith:

Finger Prince

God I love these toons

Finger Prince

Yeah plumbing isn't too hard, there's just a few rules of thumb like try not to make drains flow uphill and stuff. Honestly the difficult stuff really comes down to cheapness on the part of whatever contractor originally installed it. I installed a bathroom sink a few years back in my flat, and in the process discovered there were no shutoffs installed in the bathroom plumbing. Like wtf? This is basic poo poo. Oh right, shutoffs cost an extra quid each. If the guy who built the flat had spent an extra £10 in plumbing in the first place, it would have made life easier for every future resident, but then he'd be £10 poorer so gently caress 'em I guess.

Finger Prince

roomforthetuna posted:

It's a weird thing about bathroom faucet/drainage assemblies, that they are supposed to have an inlet like this somewhere in the system to facilitate sink-drainage, but it's weirdly rare to encounter a kit that has an opening for it. Our bathroom sink you pretty much have to use your hand like a plunger to get the water to start going round the bend every time. Once it's going it'll drain out.

I don't fully understand how the extra opening would make the difference, but not having one definitely doesn't suck [the water down the drain like it should].

You know how the choke on a bong works? Or like, when you light a bowl and then pull the stem out, how it clears the chamber? It's like that.

Finger Prince

Goons Are Great posted:

Ok so there was this movie premiere and it was all special and festive and you got to meet the actors from a safe distance and everything, but there's this thing, they served cookie dough as snack. Like, actual cookie dough, I didn't even know that exists on a commercial level yet, not that I would be surprised, but what the hell?? Why is that a thing? I don't have anything against this believe me, but who made this? Why did they make it? Why would you serve it for a special occasion? I'm used to, like, you get some sparkling beverage of sorts but here you get actual edible cookie dough.

I don't mean to start a dough based fight here, but is this an American thing and it made it over here by now, or am I the crazy person here? Do you serve raw cookie dough on festive occasions these days? Are weddings made over 50kg of cookie dough throning in the background??

Welcome to the 1990s. Chocolate chip cookie dough in everything!!

Finger Prince

https://i.imgur.com/JtsKOFp.gifv

I never know how to embed gifvs correctly so you're just gonna have to click it. Needs sound so I can't just remove the v.

Finger Prince

aldantefax posted:

i wanna make coffee like this dude some day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tq7Si7cp2jM

maybe w/ or w/o a stove named bertha?

he made another video about it too like a trillion years later

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UAoT21eqXI

:stonk:

Finger Prince

I'll make my coffee the effete city-folk way, thanks.

Finger Prince

hey we gonna do a byob secret santa this year? Of course with shipping stuff now taking a long time, might end up being secret Februween.

Finger Prince

feelin a lot of love for y'all rn

Finger Prince

Goons Are Great posted:

He's eating prey twice his size, if he keeps growing like this I'll have to offer him humans next year

Weren't scorpions the size of cars back in dinosaur times? (not dinosaur cars, that would be ridiculous. Regular, human sized cars.)

Finger Prince

Which of the woolfolk still post among us? I have wool questions.

Finger Prince

I made a Sunday roast today and am slowly slipping into a food coma.

Finger Prince

Rarity posted:

You can't just make this kind of post without giving us further information. What were you roasting? How'd it work out? Trimmings? Sauces? How was the gravy? This is all vital information.

Stuffed pork loin roast (from the butcher, I didn't make that from scratch) (stuffed with bacon and apples and all sorts of other goodness)
Roast potatoes (didn't crisp up how I'd like because there was too much moisture in the pan/oven, but still good), parsnips, and carrots
Pan seared Brussels sprouts
Home made Yorkshire pudding
Home made onion gravy
(the gravy was divine)

Finger Prince

nut posted:

ya I used to live in Toronto and delivery services were simply impossible to use on Friday or Saturday and probably everyday now. I’d watch the car with my food do deliveries forever around downtown before daring to drive the 5 min up to my place and the tech help just tells u to wait and maybe gives u 7 dollars a week later

They're pretty efficient now because now they're all suicidal e-bike riders, and there's tons of them because everyone lost their regular job because of covid. And there's tons more restaurants doing takeout because it's the only way to stay afloat because of covid. Also there's less traffic in general downtown because of covid (but there's still too much traffic. I miss lockdown traffic). Hooray for the gig economy I guess. And covid.

Finger Prince

I haven't really been paying much attention to formula 1 racing lately, or formula e... at all, but I remember when formula e started up they caught some criticism for introducing a "fan boost" where you could, I dunno, tweet at a team or something, and that car would get a power boost. Ok that's kinda dumb. But, I was just thinking, the power boost idea... What if you painted chevrons onto the track at certain places and if you drove over them, then you'd get a power boost?

(formula e is open wheel electric car racing btw, not who can press the best disco biscuits)

Finger Prince

Rarity posted:

Congrats you just invented F-Zero X

Yeah but real life

Finger Prince

This train of thought was completely inspired by some remeniscing about F-Zero so credit where credit is due.

Finger Prince

I was a brit for a while but then I moved back to Canada like, 6 years ago now? It's not gone so well, but not sure if it would have gone much better if I'd stayed. One day I will move to the promised land of rain and wood, BC, quit my job, and sell coffee out of a van. One day.

Finger Prince

beer pal posted:

whoah... how come byob got so mean all of a sudden...

Lead up to Hallowmean

Finger Prince

I always figured owlhawk was named after the northern hawk owl which is a really cool bird check this out:

Finger Prince

Wtf google has 3d animals??

Finger Prince

I can't link it but I searched for scarlet macaw because of the spare bird thread and it has a view in 3d bird and there's a whole bunch of 3d animated animals you can spin around on your phone.

Finger Prince

Finger Prince

beer pal posted:

do they have 3d pigs

I don't see a pig but they do have one of these

Finger Prince

And a duck

Finger Prince

Oh poo poo!

Finger Prince

Finger Prince

I just never liked pretzel sticks. I am a big fan of all salty and savoury snacks, just not pretzels.

Finger Prince

These pretzels are making me thirsty!

Finger Prince

take the moon posted:

pretzel stix bad soft pretzels good sincerely hope this helps op

Nice warm soft pretzel with some Bavarian mustard, hell yeah now we talking.

Finger Prince

I like snow to be within a couple of hours drive (up a mountain) from where I live, not actually where I live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince

blaise rascal posted:

question: what is efveryone's favorite musical instrument ?

That's like picking your favourite child!
Trombones are pretty good though.