Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaChurl

I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing.
Happy Wednesday, Yobbers.
I've been thinking about getting Five Guys for lunch all day, but when I got here I learned their system is down and they have no clue how long it will take to fix. Instead of getting frustrated, I just said "That's ok, I don't have to be anywhere for a while." Got to chill with a complimentary drink (half cherry coke, half diet coke, I highly recommend it) and mess around on my phone until they decided I could just pay cash and get my change out of the tip jar. So now I'm full of delicious burger, I've got another 45 minutes of freedom before my next appointment and return to work and I got to make a stressful situation much chiller for some very nice food service employees.
Figured such a pleasant experience was a good reason to stop lurking and share the good vibes with y'all.
Stay warm and enjoy your lunch breaks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaChurl

Hogge Wild posted:

Hi and welcome!

Do you have any pets and have you done any interesting crimes?

Got two dogs but no rap sheet. I am married to Jolo. Should I have mentioned that before?

Also, GAG I feel you, man. Kudos for pulling yourself out of that bad mood. I know it's tough; glad you got to dance it out.

DaChurl

Jolo posted:

*sneaks a cake into your jail cell with this picture hidden inside*

Wait, there was a picture in that cake?

Oops. I thought the middle had a weird texture.

Jolo posted:

She navigated my stage successfully but I still think that using a weapon that I am specifically weak against is not very fair. :colbert:

The weapon you were thinking of when you wrote this was "dat rear end", wasn't it?

DaChurl

MikeStmria posted:

I just want to confirm that Spongebob Pnapple was not fresh. If it were fresh Gary would have eaten it. Also it was interior concrete walls. And it will be rotten for being underwater.

In the other side, can we talk about how the gently caress did Sandy built her dome ?

Sandy is a genius and very good at both karate and science, so she can do whatever she wants and you can't stop her. I can speak as an authority on this matter as I just saw The Spongebob Musical this weekend and it was actually good which was weird because I had no idea how they would even begin to adapt that cartoon into a live stage show.

The pants/shoes apparatus they created for Squidward was a stroke of pure costuming genius and absolutely mesmerizing to watch during the tap-dancing number.

DaChurl

Super late to yarn-craft-chat, but if you're looking to fully embrace your inner grandma, I can't recommend crocheting doilies enough. They are legit one of my favorite things to make and then give away to the mothers of friends because I don't need them sitting around my house making it harder to dust.
I've always found crocheting from a ring way easier than starting from a row of stitches and something about the symmetrical nature of the finished product is so pleasing to me aesthetically.
Gotta get back on my snowflake ornament (read: tiny doilies on hooks) grind once I'm done with some of my other half finished craft projects.

DaChurl

'mungo BYOB.
Had a moment this morning where I thought something was labeled "hypnoallergenic" instead of "hypoallergenic". I know there's a joke there, but my brain is too tired to connect the dots.

DaChurl

more falafel please posted:

you are getting veeeeeeery sneezy

Heck yeah. That's the good stuff.

DaChurl

Most of the Discworld novels are narrated by Stephen Briggs and he totally nails the tone and cadence of all the jokes. Ten of ten, would listen again.

I'll second (third?) the library option. It's so nice to be able to try out random audiobooks and give up on something that's just not jiving with you without feeling like you've wasted your money.

DaChurl

Barking Gecko posted:

:hmmyes: If you look at a map showing the lower Mississippi River, you can see places where the river cut off a loop, but the border between the states on the opposite sides of the river didn't change. This leaves small parcels of land that are still part of the state that is now on the other side of the river. The usual rule is that if the river changes course gradually, then the border follows the center of the river, but if the river changes course suddenly, then the border remains where it was.

And then you get into the whole thing where ownership of mineral rights are determined by these gradually shifting borders but the original lease was taken in 1948 and described the area by meets and bounds, not just by lot number so the government maintains that their interest doesn't change regardless of the fact that everyone else's interest (that was leased by lot number) has changed and surveying techniques now are so precise that the acreage along a river can come out different week to week so by the time your new survey gets approved in two years everything's already shifted some more and there's no good solution to allow for accurate royalty reporting so I'm stuck in an endless cycle of emails rehashing the same problems over and over and.

Yeah.

Sorry, this just hit really close to the absolute worst part of my job, which is also the reason I have job security since no one else has the patience to wade through this bullshit. I can take my complaining to the work thread.

On a happy note, I get leave in an hour and once I get home I will snuggle the cutest baby in the world.

DaChurl

Afternoon orbs.
When you roll your Rs, do you use the tip of your tongue against your teeth or the back of your tongue/ maybe throat to make the sound?
This came up because The Child has started chewbacca-growling (back of the mouth method) and it is as adorable as you think.
Anyway, it was discovered that I can only do the front of the mouth sound and Jolo can only do the back of the mouth sound and we've each been rolling our Rs in our separate ways our whole lives. It honestly never occurred to me that anyone would roll their Rs without using the tip of the tongue.
So, how do you roll?

DaChurl

I only understood a small fraction of that, but I guess I do a voiced dental trill? Man, linguistics is a whole language unto itself.

DaChurl

Sherbert Hoover posted:

same but with whistling

I can only whistle using my teeth and tongue. Similar mouth shape to the way I roll my Rs, which makes a ton of sense now that I think about it.

The thing I absolutely cannot do despite repeated and varied instructions is those magic-eye pictures. I remember getting one to work basically on accident in middle school but I've never been able to recreate the effect.

DaChurl

hbag posted:

been making some Pretty Epic flask apps

That av! :swoon:

DaChurl

hbag posted:

i got it for making A Real Big Fyad Effortpost

Him owns bones, now I gotta talk myself out of watching PPG at work

DaChurl

Mormon Nailer posted:

Braums is the real MVP for Oklahoma based fast food tho, get you them fries and dip em in a cappuccino chunky chocolate milkshake

gently caress yes Braums.

Need milk and butter but don't want to go to the grocery store? Get your rear end to Braums, order your burger and fries, get you a milkshake cause it's the same price as a soda with your combo and you deserve a treat, grab that butter, milk, are we low on half and half? No but grab a bag of Ruffles and by the time the Fresh Market cashier is done ringing you up and telling you to have a blessed day they're calling your number so grab your food, and get yourself home and into some jammies cause you don't have to go anywhere else tonight.

DaChurl

Happy turkey times!

May your GPS lead you directly to your relative's house and not on a 20 minute goose chase because addresses on rural highways are weird.

DaChurl

I get to go on a date in a couple weeks! Office Xmas party means actually asking my friend to babysit and getting dressed up and leaving the house for the first time since covid and a baby happened.
If I have enough milk saved up in the freezer I could even drink more than one glass of wine! This is gonna be nuts, I don't know if I can handle it.

DaChurl

Look at the word "sweep" a few times and then tell me how is this actually a real word? Like, it's way too silly to describe such mundane chore. Sweep, sweep sweep.

DaChurl

:swoon:

DaChurl

Hello

DaChurl

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Chose the wrong week to quit catnip. :smith:

DaChurl

I put on The Joy of Painting for pleasant background noise while company is over. Apparently my dad's wife was completely unfamiliar with Bob Ross. I came back from putting the baby down for her nap, and she was fully absorbed in the show. "This amazing! He just does a few brush strokes and now it's a tree!"

So glad I could spread chill painting vibes on this lovely Saturday.

DaChurl

baka fwocka fwame posted:

i zoned out listening to hissing faunna are you the destroyer ive never heard it before

Oh heck yeah. Every few months I hear Heimsdalgate Like a Promethean Curse (chemicals) again and I just think "yeah man this song gets me"

DaChurl

My birthday present to myself is tickets to Hairspray.

GOOD MORNING BALTIMORE!

DaChurl

Thanks, y'all! I am psyched. Hairspray is probably my favorite musical and I love the John Waters movie too. Haven't rewatched the more recent movie version since it was in theaters, though, since I was too mad at the casting to really enjoy it. (You could have hired an actual drag queen to play Edna, but noooo John Travolta has better name recognition so he's the clear choice for the second lead.)

DaChurl

Walla posted:

Also I completely forgot to take my Wellbutrin today so maybe I'll have time to stop at the house before I head out on my route but if not I'm going to miss today and I'm not sure how that's going to affect me. gently caress.

Oh hey, medication buddy!

Based solely on my personal experience I'd say 1) holy poo poo good job realizing you actually forgot your meds in a timely manner instead of just looking at the pill sorter tomorrow morning and realizing yesterday's pills are still there and 2) don't stress. If you've got time, sure go get it, but missing one day shouldn't hit you too hard. If you want you could even take your dose after work just to try and keep the levels closer over time. Unless you think it'll gently caress with your sleep or something. But yeah, take a deep breath, you're good.

DaChurl

This right here is a Very Good Buddy. Please give him a hug and snuggle into that fluff before throwing the ball as many times as he would like. tia

DaChurl

It's mandatory social media training time but I've got a seat in the back where no one can see that I'm on my phone and a now empty cup of hazelnut coffee so it is time to post!

DaChurl

Meant to include a thing:
:coffeepal:

DaChurl

Escape From Noise posted:

I really enjoy The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends a lot. I also love Adam West Batman. It may very well be because of my dad. Which is pretty funny because he was born in 1963.

I maintain that Adam West is the best live-action Bruce Wayne (probably also Batman honestly) and Batman the Movie is one of the best movies out there. His comedic timing and commitment to the bit is so so good. The decisive exclamation of "Precisely, Robin!"
*Chef's kiss*
Gotta rewatch some Rocky and Bullwinkle it's been too long.

DaChurl

Quadramind posted:

Boots, Rex' protégé.

This is witchcraft.
I love it.
Good dog.

DaChurl

Viginti Septem posted:

Growing up I watched Sesame Street but never really saw much of The Muppets. I've been watching clips on YouTube of The Muppets, specifically the songs, and it's hilarious.

"Ah, a bear in his natural habitat. A Studebaker."

Movin' right along (Doo da Doo, Doo da Doo) footloose and fancy free!

DaChurl

Tacos from that place on the way back to work after my allergy shots. You know the one. Over by the grocery store? Right next to the Wendy's? Yeah, it's great we should go together sometime.

Treated myself to a Medium Diet Coke because today has been too much to handle with a Small Diet Coke.

DaChurl

The two-year-old has picked up on the fact that we call our dog Franklin at least half of the time and now she does it too.

She's getting better with extra syllables every day, soon I'll get her to call him Frankfurter.

Here is Frank (full name Lt. Frank Drebin):

DaChurl

:hai:

Finger Prince posted:

Don't call him Shirley.

:haibrow:

Dr. Honked posted:

don't overthink it!

:haibrower:

DaChurl

Good morning!

Today in Look At How Cute My Child Is:

Cosmo was sleepy, so he needed a blanket.
"Night night, Cosmo"

DaChurl

Ooh, nice! We've already gotten a few rabbits this year. They looked way fatter than I expected for the beginning of spring.

DaChurl

My neighborhood is just chock full of rabbits in the warmer months. Luckily they're all very fast because my dogs would have absolutely no idea what to do with one if they caught it.
Even if they seem to forget how to get out of the backyard at first when we let the dogs out to pee at night, they can still easily evade Cosmo by running in circles until they remember.

DaChurl

Got the weather guy up on the TV, but the tornado is a good ten miles away so I can just chill and snuggle with a dog and post in the yob

Stay safe, everyone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaChurl

It's a weird mental disconnect, because logically I know it's several towns away and moving farther away, but we're right on the county line so I've got the near-constant sound of the tornado siren right at the edge of hearing setting my teeth on edge