Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Oh man.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/...oichi-sugiyama/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

I've seen so many really hardcore SF players just abandon this game completely, it's really sad.

The thing is it's 100% Capcom's fault. This game just has too many problems that even a dumb babby like me can see. Maybe they'd be fine in isolated instances, but combined they just make the game completely unpalatable. When they said the 8f thing was intentional, I had to stop even pretending I still support the game.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Saint Freak posted:

See honey its funny because of where the red rectangle is

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

I agree, people should stop complaining about a defect in a product they paid for.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Microwaves Mom posted:

so excited to see battle outfits not included in the season pass, also stages, its also nice outfits cant be bought with fight money.

gently caress you capcom.

It's extremely epic that colors 3-10 are only obtained through probably the shittiest game mode I've ever seen, even for costumes you spend real money on.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Baal posted:

My theory is the characters are finished.

lol if you don't believe this

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

hiddenriverninja posted:

Summer is a new season technically

Boy howdy how I love getting a low health recovery supplement on a final survival stage.

:same:

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Agoat posted:

Coolest part of the story mode is at the end when Balrog and Vega just pack it up and leave because they're out of a job. Gill showing up is super cool. I'd be down for more story DLC to tell the story of 3S. Also fighting Ryu v Ken at the end was really nice.

Actually it's just whenever Gief gets focus.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

bad metaphors posted:

Why do his gloves look like strawberries?

Rog is on the shortlist for good models in this game imo.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Real hurthling! posted:

haunts says they are working on other ways to unlock colors than survival which means of course they will not make an effort to fix survival mode or make it fun like it is in other games.

I mean just the fact that they thought that Survival was cool and good in the first place makes me apprehensive.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

ChibiSoma posted:

Hasn't it been confirmed that it's real money only?

Like, if I can pay 10 bucks and I get every color for all characters/costumes, then fine. I'll do that. If they try doing this on a per-chara/costume basis, then shut the whole thing down because haha no.

Even if they have an all-character, all-costume bundle, lol if you think it'd be $10. A loving costume is $4. Capcom has continually gone out of their way to make sure they have the worst dollar value in any game, fighting or otherwise, in recent memory.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

In Training posted:

But I understand the work that goes into creating and balancing entirely new characters. Charging 6 dollars for an existing stage with a different lighting scheme is absolutely criminal

IIRC palette swap stages ARE cheaper than new ones, but yeah your point stands.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Firstborn posted:

I'm thinking the mystery costume might be that Violent Ken that got revealed the other day in the concept art pieces.

Violent Ken would own. Judging by the concept art it won't happen but I wish he had his poofy hair.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

All you have to do is lurk this thread for a bit to figure this out, but you'll find that the most devoted fighting game fans are the ones criticizing SFV the most.

e: I myself am DEFINITELY not one of them; I'm a bad.

ROFL Octopus fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Jul 16, 2016

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Just remove Mika at this point imo

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Help Im Alive posted:

Let's all wish Ryu a happy 52nd birthday

Happy birthday Fightman. :3:

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

I still can't believe Street Fighter V's tutorial doesn't even let you practice what it's talking about.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

:eyepop:

Maybe I should fire up the game again...

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Bad news for Europeans: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/jul/26/street-fighter-5-servers-down-juri-update-character-purchase-issues-european-players/

Basically Juri will only be able to be purchased with Fight Money in Europe until August 1 due to Capcom Fuckups™.

One of the comments sums it up:

quote:

Capcom is like that adorable sitcom character that just cant do anything right. You know its coming, yet you tune in every week just to see if they can make it an episode without screwing up.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Dracula Factory posted:

When I played tribes there was this great sniper named CarlFTWinslow and he both had a better name than me and killed me all the time, still chaps my rear end.

Requesting a name change mods.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

In Training posted:

Somebody on SA already has that name, sorry

Damt

Literally any name would be better than what I have, lmbo.

Also Juri is now available for all non-Europeans. Well, she's technically available for Europeans but good luck scrounging up that Fight Money.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

It's done

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Pomp posted:

is offline rematch mutual yet

are dailies in

is keybinding in

does it still crash when you have a tablet connected

lol no but you can get some sweet new swimsuits

e:

Zand posted:

edit: does training mode still reset your training mode options every time you leave training mode and reopen it?

of course it does

ROFL Octopus fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Jul 27, 2016

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Just chiming in to say that $4 a pop for every costume is horseshit, and when you're charging full price for a game yes having additional bells and whistles provided in the package unrelated to the core gameplay DOES matter.

I mean every other fighting game does this so it shouldn't need to be said but goddamn.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

:yeah:

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

A.o.D. posted:

It looks like Juri can store or partition her v-skill charge? Is that right?

If it is, oh man, that's gonna lead to so much shenanigans.

Yes, you can dash out of it and use the charge when you see fit.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

I'm not gonna lie, I'm really excited to have an actual way to unlock colors. Must be Stockholm Syndrome.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Booyah- posted:

That's cool. Other grapplers you might have heard of are 98 Clark, diamon; maybe xrd sol

There's a whole world out there you lothire. Don't settle...yet

Isn't Orochi Yashiro a goon favorite too?

e:

General Morden posted:

kof grapplers actually have more tools than their command grabs (that and they can combo into them, which makes them more versatile)

it's more a set of tools that they can use to open up their opponent

compared to sf5 zangief who is archaic grappler design who almost entirely relies upon command grabs to do anything

Hell yeah, KOF grapplers feel really great, they're way more robust than SF grapplers.

ROFL Octopus fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Aug 21, 2016

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Zangief was cool for bads like me in Vanilla 4 cause he was by far the easiest was to unlock colors and taunts.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Real hurthling! posted:

nah he's september along with advertised launch features like letting the cpu play in vs mode and daily challenges/targets

lol

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

The Gorp posted:

Do you think content takes this long to create or if Capcom is like, "welp, its on shelves. Lets slow down production speed. It's not like people use anything but fight money for this content anyway".
If I didn't know any better I would say they are purposely holding back content they had at release day just to extend the lifespan (or life support) of this game.

The problem is they're making a full-priced game like it's a FTP.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

that's epic as hell

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/RJayee_/status/772867777279381504

Big part of why I hate playing against this dumb character and his dumb tools.

Honestly SFV needs more good normals.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Really, nerfing a good move is why Street Fighter V is the way it is. If one character is really strong, don't make everyone better, make that character as weak as everyone else!

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

burger time posted:

Ryu is really strong so idk what you're talking about

Ryu still lost a ton of tools since the first beta.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Lothire posted:

Repent your poo poo-talking ways, for the Urien Trailer has arrived:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNi-7pu7-x4

All shall love SFV and despair.

I'm not too keen on this game and I haven't even looked at it for like a month but Urien looks awesome.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

T-they can't be seriously asking for $5 (or 85k) per character, per costume for colors right? $10 for all colors would be fine but loving lol if they're asking for $10 per character.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Note this would be obvious for any other game, but I seriously don't know with SFV's extortionate prices.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

There are better things than Street Fighter V to have a meltdown over, to be honest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

General Morden posted:

nowadays i only play this game to be a degenerate with r. mika

that's how i derive my fun from this game

Embrace the crazy.