Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Bisse posted:

Bought this for PC but I have an ATI Radeon HD 4800 which is from like pre-2010 I think so only half of the stuff in the game is rendering. It's pretty interesting fighting another mans and having no idea what your HP or meters are because there are no bars, also the Select Region screen on account creation was a complete guess so now I am from Brazil I guess??

Game is good, fun and easy to get into, most of my annoyances from SF4 are gone and playing the spacing and footsie game is much more fun than guessing left-right block and doing combos. Good Online Game, Bad Offline Game.

Ryu feels kind of... bad? His fireballs don't pack much of a punch and his limbs feel pretty stubby, c.mk has so short range, I don't really know what to do at like s.mp range since none of my buttons are very good.

you have to be very careful with how you use his normals, but use s mk instead of c mk for spacing and mid range poking

also get back to work on barkley 2 you piece of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Sarchasm posted:

That Gief is twice as stupid as that Ken.

:thejoke:

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

I didn't even read that

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I'm not tournament material but I'd love to play against real live human beings.

Everyone is tournament material, just go play and lose some entry free money to support local fgc but then play casuals afterward

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Fellblade posted:

Most people probably don't have time to stay until like 1am after the tournaments finish to play casuals on a weekday. The gently caress is the obsession with weeknights for events.

I mean, if you get put out there's usually at least one casual setup off to the side for everyone to play on while the tournament keeps going

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

In Training posted:

I registered for Revelator at Evo this year for this reason :grin:

its so you can lose to johnny over and over and over

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Golem II posted:

The people in this thread are horrible

It makes scrubs.xls real easy to update tho

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

yes

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Gammatron 64 posted:

Maaaan, Cammy's stand RH is so garbage. I can only ever use it as a crush counter when I block a DP. I wish she had her old roundhouse back. That, or cr.HP gave a crush counter.

use cr.hp to fish for vtrigger combo, punish with st.mp st.hp [vtrigger st.hp] hk sa [xx hk dp xx super]

basically as far as I can tell, just dont even press st hk, its poo poo

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Gammatron 64 posted:

I could be talking out of my rear end, I dunno. I can try it when I get home from work and see what the numbers actually are.

pls do and let me know

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Gammatron 64 posted:

Someone told me to not use b.mp so much and DP instead, but now I'm getting kicked in the face and eating big damage from random rear end Kens so maybe I should go back to using single button anti-airs. b.mp doesn't seem to trade often either. I feel like you kinda have to predict with s.hk though as it has a bit of a startup. You need to do LK DP when they're up close (or crossing up) and HK when they're far, too. Doing DPs with a 6321 beats crossups if you know they're going to do it.

Anti-airs have always been a big weakness of mine so I typically struggle against players who jump a lot because I often let them get away with it.

play st ryu and only aa with DPs

you will hate yourself and your lovely hands until it starts to work and in every other game its EZ

(shut up interro i know i still can't do it shut up SHUT UP)

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

one thing does not mean the other thing

but ok justin

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

interrodactyl posted:

Hit me up after Wednesday I'll play you

Also I only play honorable characters and I expect you to do the same

you're the worst

also pomp im hot garbage at ST but ill play you, I like ST a lot

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

dangerdoom volvo posted:

No loving way sf5 will ever be free 2 play get loving real i mean come on are u high on goofballs

no

ps. do you know where i can get some goofballs

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-04-05-why-r-mika-is-the-most-hated-character-in-street-fighter-5-right-now

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Constellation I posted:

He probably should've just put quotation marks on every word in that article.

"cheap", "overpowered" and "god tier"
"trash"
"vortex"
"mixup"
"gimmicks"
"Passion Rope Throw"
"bounce"
"vortex"
"high skill"
"cheap" and a "troll"
"footsies" style and "neutral" game
"Internet SuperTroll"
"supertroll"
"meta"
"cons"

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Kawabata posted:

friend of mine was like "combos are much easier than sf4, jump in"

we play a bit, he has absolutely poo poo reflexes and I win most exchanges but whenever he does win them it's the typical "unleash the 12 hit phoenix skull death combo on his face" fighting game bullshit so I keep losing matches. it's like fighting games always need to have the most difficult execution otherwise non-nerds who only like footsies, zoning, mind-games, reaction to mini-animations etc might someday have a chance and boy we can't have that.

the following question is: do I want to be a good nerd and do the 3 frame combos hundreds of times in training, hours a day, like he does?

the answer, surprisingly, is yes! game is amazing, and the disappearance of the "you must be a virgin" 1 frame link stupid retarded bullshit might just have won me over.

lmao

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

guile got a big potato head

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

A.o.D. posted:

Typical ChrisG match. Nonexistent footsies, lets people jump at him, relies almost solely on his combo execution to carry a match.

ahahahahahaha

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Shiki Dan posted:

Then play ST.

Actually, just play ST regardless.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

anime was right posted:

ramen or pizza?

put ramen noodles on the pizza, and then put the slices in the broth

YOU, TOO, CAN HAVE IT ALL

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

This discussion of what is and is not good about Anime as a genre is the best the SFV thread has been since its inception, please don't stop

dracula factory you're a loving weirdo

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Dracula Factory posted:

Hey don't act like I was the first person to not talk about SF in the SF thread. And can you people really not understand the difference between a real human woman wearing what she wants, and a 3d dressup doll that old japanese(and american, apparently) guys could jerk it to? I guess im just not as much of a hxc gamer as you rad dudes.

I'm not being sarcastic

Dracula Factory posted:

That's my goddamn question, I've never been turned on by a video game character, maybe that's what makes me different.

its actually what makes you exactly the same as the rest of us, and then you trying to act like you are somehow superior because you don't play GG for ~MORAL REASONS~ is what makes you a loving weirdo

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

that stick is sick

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Help Im Alive posted:

I guess technology might be at a point where you could wire up your dick to work as a joystick

become one with your stick

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

HMS Boromir posted:

this has been my opinion for a while now. its cool whatever you like to jack it to but id rather the jack zone and the fight zone be separate

please don't kinkshame, if I like to jack my "fight zone" then so be it

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Elphelt is lovely and I say this without having even played Guilty Gear Xrd

all jokes aside tho

gently caress her

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

NecroMonster posted:

lol the bottle isn't even close to the reason she's so drat powerful, it's mostly just a good close slash and an ok, if awkward, anti-air.

its mostly just how dumb the hitbox to hurtbox ratio is on that normal, again, gently caress her

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

NecroMonster posted:

It's kind of, sort of, got to be. It's her only real anti-air normal and it isn't one she has complete control over the use of, being a proximity normal. It also lacks upper body invuln.

bro

bro

gently caress

her

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

lets just make this the lesser xrd thread because sfv is dead

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

they got naruto in my guilty gear

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

boxcarhobo fucked around with this message at 13:17 on May 24, 2016

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Lemon-Lime posted:

One post per week is better than 40 shitposts per day.

nah

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Zand posted:

i don't understand how Capcom could completely abandon an idea like world tour mode which was almost universally praised and liked. jk actually i can, it's Capcom

i loved world tour and still have a psx emulator and that rom to play it

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Biggz posted:

:bravo:

If that safer play style is such a boon why not always play like that then? :rolleyes:

because during every other portion of the match, you're taking chip damage?

jesus man, read

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Dracula Factory posted:

Man this thread is a trash fire. I've been playing a ton of Overwatch, a game with actual effort and love put into it, and it's so much more rewarding than SFV. I've bought MKX, GGXrd and SFV and Skullgirls on PC and the only one I don't regret is SG even though I never play it. I don't like SG's art style or gameplay, but at least the devs put some real effort into their game to make it as good as possible. I like the core game of SFV but the 3 month+ botched launch with no communication from the devs pisses me right off. I think I'm just done with fighting games for now, if I want my 1v1 kicks I'll just play tennis or chess or something. I really want to like these games but the devs are making it really hard for me.

he's a weirdo with hangups about social perception of his hobbies

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

@StreetFighter 15m15 minutes ago
We wanted to clear up the confusion around the release of Ibuki in #SFV. She will be released alongside Story Mode at the end of June.

@StreetFighter 13m13 minutes ago
We'll have a blog with more info surrounding the June content and other topics the community has brought up in the next day or so.

@StreetFighter 13m13 minutes ago
Moving forward we will work to communicate information surrounding content releases in #SFV at a much more rapid pace.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

I hope they try to justify the 8 frames

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

In Training posted:

I'm curious why do people actually want the money shop in the game. Are you really that excited about having to pay for DLC characters?

they want the costume, also lol at the next 3 characters being available too so when they do the next 3 hype reveals at tournaments no one has to pretend to give a poo poo