Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

CuwiKhons posted:

Oh buddy, they're gonna be trying to convince you she actually died til the last few hours of the game.

Incidentally, if you talk to that corrupt cop a couple of times, he's one of the few people in this game who notes that Riddler isn't doing so hot. He describes Edward as kind of pathetic - not eating or sleeping and somebody he just felt sorry for.

Awww poor weirdo :( I'm admittedly not a walking wiki of Batman trivia, but Riddler seems like the most empathizable character in the media. He had an abusive childhood leading to a mentally unwell adulthood that's really detrimental to enjoyment of life. Maybe he is truly fond of puzzles, but the compulsion part of it can't be fun. [You're running around Gotham sticking sudoko on the sides of building, man.]

I think he should get Shanghai'd to Europe for a permanent vacation, with a psychiatrist to help him out. Stay Safe, Riddler Ghost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Discendo Vox posted:

Riddler's one of the more sympathetic ones, but almost everyone in the classic/btas batman villain lineup has a tragic/sympathetic backstory, something that sets the series apart.

Oh sure, I generally understood that. But compared to 'I fell into a chemical vat and went looney', Riddler is just more pathetic. He really needs legit help and not Dr. Batman prescribing him concussions :v: This is probably why I empathized with Loki from marvel until it turns out he committed genocide.

akulanization posted:

I find it funny that batman is so concerned about a bank, given that they're insured and most of the money they have on the premises will literally explode if you try to steal it. If I were Batman I'd have just let Two-Face rob the place, it isn't like there are people in danger because of this or anything.

Seriously. The entire east coast of USA/North America(?) is in danger of mass murder and he's stopping back robber. Well I guess it is a matter of principles.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

I'd imagine that, if there's some small chance Joker was cured, Talia would not want a angry lunatic on her heels because she killed his Harley? I know Joker doesn't really care about his girlfriend that much, but with Joker, you can't know how he'd react.

[Disclaimer: no clue if this was covered in some story arc already. Just spitballing.]

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

TwoPair posted:

Lookit this guy trying to stop goons from spoiling things in an LP thread. You need to at least purchase the Freeflow Mod Takedown upgrade before trying that.

I know you're joking but I have not heard a single spoiler-y thing about this game--or even the last one for that matter--so I wouldn't mind spoiler chat going elsewhere :shobon: I like reading about neat things and references pointed out in the thread, and I'd hate to have to stick with checking for youtube notification emails when new videos come out.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

YEAH! YOU DID IT COACH! OLIVER QUEEN! ;)

I'm surprised they left the older gentleman alone with a room full of Harley thugs.

I figure, since various thugs can quit and get hired by other villains, maybe Riddler is subcontracting out some Harley thugs to set up Riddler quizzes around town. Riddler gets his riddles put up in places twice as fast, and thugs get some extra booze money. Win-win!

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Grapplejack posted:

Freeze removed his helmet to die with his wife, so... :(

berryjon posted:

He opened his helmet. He didn't take it off. I take it as Victor taking the opportunity to listen and be heard by Nora with their own voices, not through the helmet and speakers. Because Victor would willingly put himself at risk for even just that little moment of connection.

I thought with all his equipment and research gone his suit would eventually fail as well? Or maybe I misremember how magic ice suit works.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Do you think Alfred edits his screen to say unconscious instead of dead so Batman doesn't feel bad about doing his hobby?

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

God, I hate this meme.

Oh, I'm sorry. I wasn't aware this was a constant joke in the batman comic fandom. It's just a curious thing to try and match up comic book reality to our reality where throwing a guy off a building would murder them. It just seems like Alfred might be the kind of guy to fudge the truth a little and not actually report how many people Bruce fucks up. He is a butler, after all.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

"IM GUNNA GETCHA!!! >:3c" -Arkham Knight.

*five seconds later* woops my Deathmobile got stuck :'c

Wow this is the silliest, weakest poo poo I've ever seen. It just feels like padding.

And oh god that elevator convo. 'We'd do anything for our family'. Um, no, Gordon. You would, Batman clearly would not. Did you not see Batman and Jason pound it out? Not even five seconds ago?? Christ all this is just laughable, even for comics. Like a bad laughable, I mean.

The only surprising thing about this Ep. was the second batmobile, mostly because I forgot yes, there would be backups of it.

I think the only entertaining things was Scruff's comic chat and Joker's remarks.

Shindragon posted:

edit: Also regarding AK.
I would be more forgiving of AK if he was less childish about the whole Batman leaving him crap.

I gotta say I'd agree, if only for AK to actually and angrily retaliate. This flailing like a distressed 50's actress in the arms of her lover just doesn't match up with all his previous threats of vengeance and revengeance and etc.

BioEnchanted posted:

It's pretty dumb but I love how Batman appartently lives in an entire state named after HighSchool poetry. Gotham city, Bludhaven, Blackgate Prison, even now with BLEAK ISLAND :black101: it's just ridiculous. Will Commissioner Gordon take a vacation to a city simply called 'Misunderstood Angst' when this is over? :3:

Meat Miracle posted:

"The true mastermind behind Scarecrow and Jason's plan... no... it can't be... I SAW YOU DIE!"

"That's right Batman, it's ME - The FIRST Batmobile! How long did it take you to replace me? No, I mean seriously, how long did it take, I wanna say... ten minutes? Well thanks to Superboy punching my wreckage into a Lazarus pit I LIVE AGAIN, and I'm going to unleash my vengeance in the form of GRATUITOUS POST-GAME BATMOBILE CHALLENGE BULLSHIT!"

"[Batpained whimper]"

Scribe13 posted:

"Bruce, I know you saw us gunned down when you were super young and that led you to the lifestyle you lead now, but your mother and I would like to have a few words with you young man."

HA! I want all of you to know I extremely love these posts :love:

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

The 'I'm counting on it' line was so cheesy and used so much.

I think it's nice Batman is kind to Oracle and comforting the best he can. It's sweet and different than his behavior to Manbat. "YOU MURDERED YOUR WIFE FUCKO. :| " Yes Manbat killed his wife, but it was not a conscious choice and he's probably just as hosed up in the head as Oracle may be. [But in a different way, I mean if that makes sense? PTSD is poo poo.]

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Crigit posted:

It was absolutely a conscious choice. He chose to ignore proper experimental procedure and just shot himself up with bat juice, and bears full responsibility for the consequences. Murder it was probably not, but the dude definitely belongs in jail.

Oh? Huh, okay. I just assumed as a scientist he actually followed some kind of ethics and procedures of experimenting on flies/mice before going full russian and shooting himself up with Science. It's been a while so I guess I've forgotten.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

I wonder how pissed or freaked out that Bruce Wayne look alike villain must be. The guy he wanted dead? Yeah he's batman. And nobody [police wise] seems to care.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

berryjon posted:

Hush? He shouldn't know about the unmasking, so I don't think he can be concerned about the police at this point. Besides, he's still locked up in Wayne Tower.

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

E: If Bruce wanted a patsy when the cops finally come knocking, Tommy Elliott is the perfect guy.

gently caress. I had thought they brought him into the cops. Welp. I hope the game isn't going to do some cop out and frame Hush so Bruce can go on Batman-ing. Though it does look like they're going to stick with the ol' 'woops, our fax is broken and get receive warrants for a... Brock Weyne?' trick.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Alexeythegreat posted:

He's gonna fall through the map... he's gonna fall through the map... CALLED IT

Nothing as satisfying as a Bat Ploish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Both Dead Space and this game's junction/etc. boxes have doors made of butter. Just one hand to peel off the door?! Gosh, I require two hands just to crack open an orange.

"They don't have shirts and they have swords." My god, it's worse armoring than metal battle bikinis. Penguin wandering out trying to light his cigar right into Nightwing was great.

I have to say I kind of prefer Nightwings and Red hood's finale episodes better. Catwoman is just a rehash of junk we've seen before. Or maybe I'm just tired of this game.

Thank you for playing through this, Scruffy! You have saved many people's sanity by showing it off so they don't have to endure such a good and wonderful Jokerjacked plot.

• Locked thread