Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
style / art gimmick combo you want to see next
This poll is closed.
Commodore 64 hi fi 16 colors Drawing goons drooling over anime (or muscle men) 35 20.71%
Everything in MSPaint Black and White and Undertale Characters 22 13.02%
CGA in CYMK tones and rising stars of gaming like Hololens and Star Citizen 36 21.30%
Only Purple and Waluigi and Kirby ship fiction 76 44.97%
Total: 169 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Legit play Luigi's Mansion because its an underrated game and a fun spoof of survival horror games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Broseph Brostar posted:

It's the only game with a dedicated "Mariooo?" button
It also acts a dedicated "hump furniture" button too.

Luigi is into some weird poo poo...

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I'm at the last of my supply, I'm about to eat burgers, and I gotta pick games to play.

Should I play:

The Saboteur

or

Uncharted 3?

EDIT: or Earthbound?
Saboteur.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

bloodychill posted:

here's the cloud cross dressing no one everyone asked for

That's not a drawing of Lightning.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

FactsAreUseless posted:

I love Lighthouse even though I'm not really into point-and-click adventure games, but that's pretty much entirely on the strength of a cool early-CD-era aesthetic. Also it's buggy as hell and I'm not certain it was possible to complete when it came out.
Man, I have a softspot for those early-mid 90's multimedia type PC games.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Yeah, Old Town should have been the bigger map really.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

corn in the bible posted:

I bought a ps3 for 60 bucks and also mgs4
You should buy Nier.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Princess Peach Drumpftstool

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Lady Naga posted:

E3 has always sucked.
Sony is the only company that's made any part of it good in the last couple of years.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Lady Naga posted:

Most everyone like Rev1 because it was a return to form. Rev2 is a lot weirder and harder to defend.
Yeah, Rev 2 just felt like Capcom just mashed together a bunch of recent titles from other devs together into an ungainly chimera. It really did not know what it wanted to be when it comes to the main campaign.

Raid Mode was fun though and I got my money's worth with that.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Aiden is a pretty lovely stand.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Can't be a David Cage game without a brunette woman getting almost raped.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Sakurazuka posted:

Finished Dying Light, it was great up until the last ten minutes, what is it with games having to end on a lovely QTE? Is it a Warner Bros thing?
It's a Western AAA thing, you'd be hard pressed to find modern Western AAA games that don't end in a QTE final boss fight.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Jay Rust posted:

Boy, the moment I get my sixth party member in Pillars of Eternity is always the moment I lose interest in the game. I hate micromanagement. I'm going to set the game to Easy and just let the AI fight, I think.

I hope Obsidian can forgive me
I played through the whole main campaign on Easy when it first launched and then when the expansion fully came out I played through that on the Casual difficulty added.

I've never been a fan of traditional WPRG combat, but I enjoy their writing and roleplaying, so I'm glad Obsidian accommodated everyone.

My take has always been that JRPGs tend to have better combat while WRPGs have better roleplaying and writing.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Lurdiak posted:

I've been looking for an easy way to turn damage off in Planescape: torment. I don't know if I built my party wrong or if I just am not pausing to spam spells and items enough, but it's a loving chore to keep these fuckers alive. The combat in this game is so horrid, it drags down what would otherwise be perhaps the best CRPG I've played.
Just play on Easy or put in the cheats. Also you gotta roll Mage if you want to get the most of the story. (Which you want to do.)

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

StashAugustine posted:

Is there a way to make Death To Spies 2 not look, control, and play like poo poo
Nope, its a bad game.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Sleeveless posted:

Assassin's Creed was mostly about chasing people down to stab them and then outrunning their guards, etc.
Actually rear end Creed 1 was more of a stealth game than its successors.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

FactsAreUseless posted:

I did, but the file got corrupted.
:iceburn:

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Snak posted:

What's a good JRPG on ps4? Preferably one with lots of action elements, not like, Persona.
Wait for NIER 2.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Sleeveless posted:

Now I'm trying to think of a protagonist in an open-world GTA style game who isn't morally repugnant. I guess the dude from Red Faction: Guerilla is good since since he's fighting an unjust colonial regime but he does that by destroying infrastructure, killing natives, and being complicit in torture so idk.

Same for the guy in The Saboteur fighting the Nazis as they occupy Paris, though he is a smoker :v:
Wei Shen from Sleeping Dogs to an extent. Mainly because they do a quality job of making him likable and consistent enough so he's even more frightening when he freaking loses and shoves a Triad member's face into a tablesaw.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Motto posted:

Mostly agree, but he's a creep in that one mission where he goes off on one of his flings.
It's a bit jarring at first, (Probably due to the romance cuts) but it ends up being another example of Wei being a scary unstable dude deep down.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Lady Naga posted:

Who's everyone's favourite VAs? Quinton Flynn is really high up there for me.
The main VA cast of Legacy of Kain was top fuckin' tier (Simon Templeman, Michael Bell, Tony Jay, Richard Doyle) Also the main cast of Nier. (i,.e. Jamieson Price, Laura Bailey, Liam O'Brien)

Also even though he's in everything Steve Blum will never not be cool. Dave Fennoy is cool too.

For indie games seconding Logan Cunningham. I also like Abe Goldfarb who's in all the WadjetEye games and Ashly Burch who's a hell of a lot better than you'd expect a former YouTube star to be.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

CJacobs posted:

The Sonic the hedgehog twitter just referenced Sonichu and I'm concerned
Crossover when?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Steve2911 posted:

Is the new Hitman going to be good? I just put a princely £10.99 on it so I hope it's good.
Everything I've heard is quite positive and that it's a return to form.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Sleeveless posted:

I wish that just once somebody would make a third-person action game with a flight power and then not immediately neuter that flight power with anti-air units the way that Dark Void/Divinity 2/etc. do.
Saints Row: Gat out of the Hell was good about this. There were AA cannons but if you destroyed one they were gone for good and there wasn't a large amount.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

PantsBandit posted:

What game has the best main-theme?

Trick question it's obviously Viva Pinata

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bbt_UOc_HaM
Wrong.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

VideoGames posted:

Good grief, Broforce is really excellent fun!!
Brodator best bro.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Stux posted:

ff7 is the worst final fantasy by far.
Nah Stux, 2 will always be the worst, because at least every other mainline title is at least playable.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Wamdoodle posted:

Even the very first one? Granted, I've never played 2.
Yes, FF1 is old but playable. 2 is a total mess of game design.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Shadow Hearts is best JRPG series.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Ted Cruz has finally come home.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Ah I see you've made it to the best part of the game.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

limaCAT posted:

Is this a game by GRRM?
Nah, Shadow Hearts actually had a conclusive ending.

I'm still bummed though that there was actual plans for a Shadow Hearts 4 that will never be made. :smith:

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Lady Naga posted:

A lot of people are talking tech problems with the new Hitman but I haven't heard anything on how it actually plays.
It's really loving good, like shaping up to be better than Blood Money good. I've had zero technical problems running it on Mid-High settings and my rig ain't that high end.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Ciaphas posted:

I've never played a Hitman game

Should I? Sell me on this beta
It's not a beta. $15 bucks will net you two tutorial areas and a story area. There are sizable levels, especially the story mission, Paris, which is huge. All three levels give you a good chunk of options to accomplish your hit so will keep you busy for a good while if you do the challenges. I've been playing it for hours just 100%ing the first two areas and I'm only dipping my toes into the Paris mission. There's going to be more missions added as time goes on, you can buy them all from the getgo for $60, but you don't have to yet. I definitely got more than my money's worth with the Intro Pack.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Ravane posted:

15 bucks for three levels? Lol, that sounds like a rip-off.
Its a much better deal than Ground Zeroes was.:haw:

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Ravane posted:

Yeah, but two of them are tutorial levels apparently. My computer can't run the game, but I wouldn't pay for what is just 66% tutorial
They're technically tutorial levels but after you clear the first one once, you have free reign to do whatever you like in them and they're both decently big areas. So they're essentially normal missions on their own.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Ciaphas posted:

Am I getting the right impression thinking this is not the 'right' way to play a Hitman game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ALtx4QkO4A

Looks like fun though, feel like I've missed out not trying a Hitman game before now
You only play wrong if you leave any witnesses.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
New Hitman has a severe lack of embarrassing poo poo, suprisingly. At least so far anyway.

Drowning people in toilets is the only right way of killing as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Mak0rz posted:

Looking through my Steam list I noticed I bought Risky's Revenge a few years ago but never once played it. Before trying it I decided to give the original Shantae a shot and man it's frustrating to play. I was expecting a more refined Metroidvania adventure but it plays more like Castlevania II.

Did it just not age well?
Yeah, I think it just didn't age well. Risky's Revenge has some problems too, but its still good. Pirate's Curse is when Wayforward finally got the formula down.

• Locked thread