Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Codependent Poster posted:

Pepper cameo confirmed.

Is her body still all juiced up with the extremis poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

There's going to be a Deadpool Paradox that studio execs will never realize: everything that worked for Deadpool will work inversely for any other movie

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

LesterGroans posted:

Ryan Coogler's doing Black Panther, right?

Is he working with his cinematographer from Creed? Because that could be really cool.

I would really enjoy some single take fight scenes in black panther

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/content/finn-jones-confirmed-danny-rand-iron-fist
Finn Jones( Loras Tyrell from Game of Thrones) is confirmed as Daniel Rand for the Netflix Iron Fist.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

oddium posted:

the best part of the movie was this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw_o7XUX3fg

Best part of the movie for sure

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

MCU has fun likeable characters who say funny things

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Kurzon posted:

Also, this is a panel from an Avengers comic:

Why are there two Spider-Men?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Same thing but with bow and arrows

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

I actually like the idea that anyone who's proficient with a stupid weapon gets to be an Avenger. It's very 'Mystery Men'.

Like, there's only one or two actual superheroes in the world, so they've resorted to bringing in some person with taser wristbands.

And a dude with robot wings.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Emilio Estevez as Captain America

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

The same review says there is a meddler who is responsible for sparking the conflict, though it claims their reasoning is also ambiguous.

I think its safe to say they are referring to Baron Zemo

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I want Dafoe to play an old, one-armed Oliver Queen

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Also the one where an edgy horned up thirteen year old spastically puppeteers Milo Ventimiglia. It's basically the role Milo V was born for. On the whole it's still my favorite cinematic sendup of online communities/internet culture out there.

I want a Gamer 2 with Dwayne Johnson replacing gerard butler and sam rockwell instead of michael c hall.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

My Lovely Horse posted:

I think it is. Not the same recording, but it is.

Civil War comes out Thursday, gonna see it Sunday, should I go to the trouble and squeeze in Iron Man 3/Age of Ultron/Ant-Man before? Feel free to treat this as an "and/or" kind of question.

e: I'm picking up on subtle vibes that it's gonna be a quite strong no on Ultron

Watch winter soldier and ant man, forget the rest.

Also thanks for reminding me I live in America and we have to wait another week and a half :(

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Re watched the first Captain America. Great movie! Biggest complaint is that I would have like to see Cap and his crew kick a bit more rear end. Also Hugo Weaving is utterly wasted here. Red Skull is too generic of a villain. Would have loved to see him as Ultron though. I also couldn't help but feel that Cap could have like, jumped out of that plane at the end.

Considering he jumps out of a plane without a parachute into the ocean in the first scene of Winter Soldier, he totally could have made it.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

How old is Carol Danvers supposed to be? Why don't they just get Charlize Theron if they want a big name

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know why they delay releases regionally? Why does the US get Civil War basically after everyone else? I know they do this all the time to movies but I never figured out why.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

8-year-old me: "Why did he jump?"
Grandpa: "SHUT UP AND TURN THIS CRAP OFF"

A decade later...

18-year-old me: "It really looks like he's trying to kill himself as a screw-you to Vader."
Grandpa: *is dead*

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Well hold on; that makes perfect sense. The Ground Zero memorial is a huge park in the middle of the city's financial district, and it is clearly empty - unlike earlier scenes that show lots of people wandering around.

The buildings are obviously not empty, and that's why Batman makes an effort to lure the creature away.

And the abandoned dockyard was set up earlier; it's the place Batman specifically chose to set up dozens of traps without being noticed, and where he could fight Superman while endangering few people.

The problem is the script.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

My friend and I laughed out loud when Bruce Wayne has to call his VP or whoever and tell him to evacuate the building while every employee is staring slackjawed out the window at the giant fuckoff death machine that is laying waste to the city and inching closer to them every second.

Civillians in the DC universe are pea-brained lemmings that can't do anything without Superman's help.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

i thought Salt was a black widow movie

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Didn't the suits always kinda materialize out of their belt buckle/morpher things anyway?They just look like Tony Stark built them their own Iron Man suits.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Hand-sculpted by Liefeld himself

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I said come in! posted:

I figured as much. I dunno, the trailers never grabbed me like the previous two movies did. The premise, the dialog, the action sequences shown, just none of it looked any good.

It just looks really manufactured and effect-heavy. But I guess that's what you get when you have a dozen mutants with crazy, comicbook powers.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

LesterGroans posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to take a better swing at the Dark Phoenix Saga.

Especially with a new Jean Grey

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Daveski posted:

The first few films in the series are nothing special, but Fast Five and the sixth one are legit good action movies in my opinion. They are less about racing cars and more like over-the-top heist movies. If you like that kind of thing I definitely recommend them. Haven't seen 7 yet.

7 is on HBO GO right now. You should watch it. Everyone should

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Red posted:

- The most interesting thing about the film, Tony's various armors, have a minimum of screen time

If the you found the most interesting thing in the film to be Tony's various armors then yeah, you will probably hate the film.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Yeah, but it never had great ratings. They tried to cancel it after season 2, but only kept it because they had nothing to replace it with. They semi-cancelled it after season 4 by getting rid of the creator and moving the timeslot, then the final season was an online only Yahoo! streaming exclusive.

It was basically the unwanted foster child of network TV. The show itself was making metajokes about being cancelled in season 3.

Arrested Development did it better and had an entire episode devoted to a metajoke about being cancelled.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Dexo posted:

Since Marvel and Coogler are drafting all the Black Actors for this movie, can I reccomend Nia Long, Wesley Snipes and Clifton Powell

They should get Die Antwoord too, they are from Africa right?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Electromax posted:

I just meant the argument that the IM3 villain couldn't be a woman because people wouldn't buy action figures, when they didn't even create male characters conducive to action figures in the first place. It was just a Guy in a business suit and essentially a stoner in a robe.

Its because the argument is bad and they are just sexist

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

So it seems like The Rock is going to be in a Shane Black directed Doc Savage: Man of Bronze
https://www.instagram.com/p/BGCDhYSoh0x/

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

ThePlague-Daemon posted:

I wanted to find some shots for the thread but I'm not very good at finding movie screenshots on Google and I don't own most of these movies. I DID find this piece of Avengers concept art and the shot it seems to have inspired in the movie again:

Who looked at that costume and said " Yeah that looks amazing"

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Samovar posted:

This is from a while back, but WOW that's bad. It doesn't look like Superman is regaining his powers, it looks like Batman just decides to stop hitting him as hard.

It would be better if they actually showed batman's fist armor like crumpling against superman's skin vis a vis the bullet into the eye thing from superman returns

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I hope they at least build Bucky a new vibranium arm after Tony vaporized his last one.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

His healing factor becomes weaker through age or whatever.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Kyle chandler as cable sounds awful so I can see why Reynolds put his foot down. The studio backing him is a given.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Grendels Dad posted:

You mean the scene where Bucky uncomfortably shifts position in the tiny car after Falcon passive-aggressively refuses to move his seat forward? And they both give Cap a reeeeeally pained smile after he kissed Sharon?

I thought that was one of the best scenes.

I didnt think there was anything passive-aggressive about Falcon refusing :

"Can you move your seat up?"
"No."

Seems pretty straightforward to me.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

He's in Excalibur too, isn't he?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

It was a pretty thick book

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Edit: I just had a little bit of insight on why I like Snyder's Superman so much: he pretty much is early Spider-Man. He does it because it's right, but he suffers all this outrageous poo poo, vilification, isn't materially rewarded, and just get dumped on for it. He still keeps doing it anyway. He's even a goddamn reporter with a boss that shits on him!

He also feels responsible for his father figure dying.

• Locked thread