Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

DrProsek posted:

I wonder if audiobooks for comics exist. Like how on Daredevil there's that audio mode for blind people that describes the scenes of the show audibly.

Or they could just go with Stan Lee books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Zoro posted:

Eventually, there will be a Gwenpool comic where the entire thing is done, or at least the section, with real people in costumes ( like photographs) with wordballoons photosphoped in.

I like this idea in theory, but then I think of John Byrne's Star Trek.

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Gatts posted:

Elsa is a Queen of a Nation and honorary X-Man on par with Magneto's power and has to keep Doom at bay. Medusa and Rapunzel exchange notes on hair. Scrooge McDuck is revealed as a co-colaborator with Howard Stark who helped build his empire, Donald and Logan and Steve served in WWII, Huey Dewey, Louie and Webby have their own detective agency that's commissioned by Matt Murdock and heroes when they can't get involved with poo poo. Baloo operates his Seaplane out of Madripoor and is regularly commissioned by SHIELD to do under cover poo poo for them. Jasmine is an intern from Persia and Peter's new temp squeeze when its revealed the Crown wants her back home. Hawkeye, Hawkeye, and Merida Archery Club. Ariel is one of Namor's wives.

Donald was on the wrong side, though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzH1iaKVsBM

(Since it was all a dream, would this be Donald's "Secret Empire"?)

Esplanade fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Jan 15, 2018

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Yep.

But Jack's still the best.

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

I'm holding out for Ghost Rider Rider: Robbie Reyes riding around on Johnny Blaze's back.

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Genuinely thought for a second that was an upper decker on the last page of Infinity Countdown rather than an infinity stone. To be fair to me, though, that does seem like something he would do.

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Lobok posted:

The eyebrows on Spider-Man's mask are great.

That's a very Romita-ish looking Spidey (the original, not Junior).

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

Aw, I liked his run. I didn't love it, but the Avengers/Defenders war is a good time.

I also really like Englehart's origin story for Vision back in the day. And then, of course, Byrne had to gently caress it all up.

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Endless Mike posted:

Do you people get upset that the Human Torch is also hot-headed? Or that the Invisible Woman often feels like her husband doesn't notice her? Or that the Thing has a gruff exterior but a heart of gold?

What? They'd never be that contrived!

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Single-use disposable hammers. Not very eco-friendly.

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

TheHan posted:

I'm actually a little surprised nobody's done a reveal where Juggernaut and Sandman are revealed to be brothers based entirely on them having the same last names.

Didn't Byrne have a story where Sandman and Osborne were related because they have the same hair?

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Synthbuttrange posted:

Hows that cross media synergy working out?

I get that that's supposed to be the edge of his beard, but I can't see that as anything but Danny sporting a set of those novelty vampire fangs.

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Look the steak portion of the meal is clearly complete, it's too late to change your mind because you ordered the 8oz sirloin instead of the 12oz you goddamned pansy just eat two more of those yeast rolls your mother clearly loves.

My mother makes me wheatcakes. ::colbert:

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Rhyno posted:

With every new issue of 2i1 I feel a boundless joy.

And then I remember that Slott is writing F4 and it's like a cosmic monkey is throwing it's poo poo in my face.

Don't let Slott steal your cosmic monkey idea; it sounds like a natural F4 concept.

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Sure, an' ye're forgettin' Shamrock an' her luck o' th' Irish!

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Looks like she has the ol' Archie Andrews waffle hair going on too.

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Looks like some really hairy shoulders on Weapon Hex. Guess that Wolverine DNA is finally kicking in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Lobok posted:

I was reading Marvel Two-in-One yesterday and this close-up of the Human Torch made me realize the weirdness of those lines on his face and body that he is drawn with. He’s got highly defined facial features and the typical lines drawn all across his face.

Originally Torch was drawn with lines across him I think as a way to depict how the fire was obscuring his features, while using the lines to give his shape some definition still. The obscuring of features is done in the same way that the shape of Mysterio’s head inside the fishbowl was suggested. The lines may have also been meant to depict the direction of the constantly rising flame and heat.

That’s a panel from FF #2 which just has the lines and Torch doesn’t have much definition otherwise (but then again it's not a close-up). Eventually Kirby or someone else kept the lines even as they started adding normal features to Torch and the result is that Torch ends up with flaming pumpkin face.

I had this toy as a kid. They gave him the lines on his face...

...but the rest of his body was:

• Locked thread