Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
These rumors are pretty weak. I'm almost certain that you can't make rounded LCD screens.

It's not coming out this year because it hasn't been announced yet and consoles are always formally announced far in advance. There's all kinds of marketing and programming reasons for this.

tithin posted:

im going to buy the nx and love it even it turns out to be poo poo

Pretty much this. I'll still buy it even if it was a remake of the N64 and the only game was a lovely port of Metroid Other M.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Sure but aren't you supposed to be able to clip both pieces together into one controller while the base unit sits in the dock for tv play? How would that work?

There is RFID technology for passing electricity without wires like the boxes you put in cars to automatically pay tolls.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Minidust posted:

I had never heard about Wii discs being "easy to scratch" until reading this thread; was this really a thing?

When I think of easily scratched disks I remember back when the xbox 360 would sometimes mangle disks because the drive spun so fast.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
November is going to roll around and we're going to learn that NX was just the code name for the NES Classic.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
I'm surprised that the Switch doesn't seem to have a vertical mode. They could have made it to work like a 2ds and then include compatibility with all of the DS systems.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
There's some pretty broad misconceptions about product inventories out there. Companies like Nintendo only fulfill orders made by retailers and distributors so it's really the companies like Amazon and Wal Mart who are underestimating demand that create the shortages. Compounding on top of that is how most manufacturers switched to a 1 day inventory model back in the 90's which saves a ton of money but makes it hard to compensate for shortages.

It really all goes back to how Steve Jobs revolutionized supply chain management when he rejoined Apple.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Calibanibal posted:

i mean tbqh the only metroid game i would even be slightly tempted by in tyol 2017, where all adults game on PCs, is Fusion 2, the non-existence of which is frankly criminal

I'd like to see a remake of Super Metroid like how Zero Mission was an enhancement of the original Metroid. Maybe something like what they did with Link Between Worlds.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Super No Vacancy posted:

great more ubisoft collectible checklist gameing

I suppose people enjoy this kind of thing. I've cleared Wind Waker twice and I know several people who have obsessively collected everything in the Batman games.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I am holding out for a holiday bundle w/something. Maybe Mario if things go south really fast.

Or whenever Smash Bros. For Big Mac Deluxe comes out.

I'm thinking we'll see a 1 2 switch bundle for Christmas.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Megasabin posted:

He said the button cross on the left controller. I mean I don't really agree with him that it's an acceptable alternative, but to be fair, he is no talking about the tiny plus sign.

I'd prefer a conventional d-pad too but it's pretty similar to what Sony was doing for years so it doesn't bother me that much. It's still an improvement over the Xbox 360 garbage d-pad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Mahoning posted:

Can people stop pretending that Zelda isn't a Switch exclusive? Like 2 or 3 dozen people own a Wii U. It might as well not even exist.

Hey listen up you jerk, the Wii U outsold the Game Gear.
http://www.vgchartz.com/analysis/platform_totals/

• Locked thread