Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

It's just going to be Build Me Up Buttercup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Everyone is going to get trolled by David tomorrow.

We'll finish episode one, the ED will start, and we will all stare at our screens in shock as the real ending theme begins to play...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQj--Kjn0z8

:colbert:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

It was a joke. :v:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

The Smash Mouth cover, of course.

If David for some reason got Smash Mouth to do a cover of Under Pressure, I would probably die laughing at the utter ridiculousness of the situation.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

...I'm not sure which is more surprising. The fact that this exists, or the fact that Smash Mouth is still around. :stare:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I just finished the first episode.

That was a drat good episode.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Josuke Higashikata posted:

That also reminds me

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll_PT/status/717365761661145088

Portuguese Crunchyroll says the ED is second half of the 90's.
I find it sort of hard to believe that Crunchy have the episode for subbing already though.

AW YEAH. ALL STAR IS STILL IN IT, BABY!

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

We have less then 24 hours until we finally learn the ED for Diamond is Unbreakable.

Get your final guesses in, people. Remember it 1) Has to be on the Warner Brothers label, and 2) Is from the late 90s, according to Crunchyroll's twitter.

EDIT: As I made this post, this began to trend on Facebook: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7Rvzj4zJ6w

IT'S A SIGN.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I'm quite fond of this one. Too bad the song isn't in the right era.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

umalt posted:

Gangsta Paradise is on the borderline of the right era ('95) and owned by Warner. It be awesome getting the whole "roundabout intro" thing with that.

We ain't getting that though because we're getting smash mouth.

I'll admit it. I had completely forgotten that Coolio was a person that actually existed.

In fact, now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever actually heard the original version of Gangsta Paradise, just the Weird Al parody.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Coolio's hair had to be the work of an enemy stand.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

At this point, I'm honestly convinced it'll be a Red Hot Chili Peppers song. There's so many good ones that would make great EDs.

TheKingofSprings posted:

I'm gonna guess Good Riddance by Green Day, but I feel like it has to be something from around 91-92 so it's probably way off.

Crunchyroll's Portuguese Twitter specifically said the latter half of the 90s. I could see Good Riddance working pretty well.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Traveller posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOG3eus4ZSo

But I don't know if Smashing Pumpkins is kosher for rights.

Wikipedia lists Warner as one of their labels, so...

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

It's a cold place

And they say it gets colder

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

The OP is awesome.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

No one saw that ending coming. I don't think a single person guessed Savage Garden.

I'm satisfied though. That's a good choice.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It's a nice song, the visuals are superb (Lisa Lisa eyes on a soon to be relevant sign!, all the Josuke bits), it's not All Star, it came out of left-field, it defies expectation. It's perfect in the same way Last Train Home was despite not being a similar song at all.

But why are you listing that as a good point though?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

The baby is there to further the relationship between Josuke and another character. It's actually a pretty important part.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Yo, Angelo!

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

All y'all who are hating on my main man Kakyoin need to get out. :colbert:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Darko posted:

As an aside, Stephen King wrote a story in one of his short story collections called "Battleground," where pretty much, literally, a guy is forced to fight Bad Company. It was a pretty decent short story and made me love this Stand fight even more when I read it.

A made for TV version actually aired on TV. Someone put it up on Youtube (let me know if we can't link youtube videos with questionable legality and I'll remove it), if anyone is interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eY053duzS8

I wouldn't be surprised if this is where Araki got the inspiration for Bad Company from. Dude loves his horror. Wouldn't surprise me to find out he's a Stephen King fan.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

This isn't eggsactly what I was eggspecting to see from this thread.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Al would probably love it. It's a win/win.

I mean, he does know of JoJo, so...

https://www.instagram.com/p/4KYC8sGu_1/

#PointlessCrap

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

JoJo 4 and JoJo 6 for me.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

What is this from?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

horriblePencilist posted:

!!! I just remembered something very important !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOnjm9MU7pY

Mixing cheese, tomato, and wine together in a blender.

Is...is this something that people actually do? That seems super weird to me. :stare:

EDIT: What a strange ending.

Vandar fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jun 7, 2016

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Tunicate posted:

And it even lets him see the future a bit, to tie in with his 'the next thing you're going to say is' catchphrase. :kimchi:

I'm an idiot. Why the hell did I never put that together?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

That doesn't sound bad at all though?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Combat Lobster posted:

It's funny seeing the first Bleach OP after so long. The biggest reason why I like Part 4 so much is that it represents everything I wanted Bleach to be; a slice of life comedy set in a small town where super-powered teens beat up weird and unique 'bad' guys.

Magna Kaser posted:

Yeah when I first saw the bleach op, knowing nothing about the series, I assumed it'd be about stylish teenagers dressing well and having swords or something????

New Jojo op is pretty good.

Bleach was fantastic up until OH NO WE HAVE TO GO TO THE SOUL SOCIETY. :sigh: I don't think I've ever lost interest in a series as much as I did when that happened.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I hope the JoJo Go Animate guy is going to do the new OP.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Rangpur posted:

...how desperate is Tim Curry for work these days, and has he ever done any voice acting?

Tim Curry has done quite a bit of voice acting. Fern Gully has already been mentioned, but he was also the voice of Nigel Thornberry, and he was originally going to play the Joker in Batman: TAS instead of Mark Hamill.

He was also MAL in Captain Planet, and SKULLMASTER in Mighty Max, and King Acorn in one of the Sonic cartoons!

He also has a ton of smaller roles to his name, but yeah. Tim Curry has done some voice acting. :)

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

We only have 15 episodes left?

Looking at the number of story arcs we have left, are they going to be able to fit everything into 15 episodes and still have it be as good as it's been? Feels like they're going to be cutting it close to me.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Schwarzwald posted:

Quick, lets list the number of live action adaptations of manga and anime that are not completely terrible.

I'll start:

Speed Racer.

I'm still upset that the movie flopped and we'll never get a sequel. :sigh:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Like, obviously spoilers for the end of the movie, but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvwhIStnDw8

This is the coolest poo poo and gets me hyped as gently caress every single time I watch it.

Speed Racer was awesome, guys.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

spit on my clit posted:

ah 4kids king DDD, the only voice befitting D'Arby

How can I help you, Mister Dio?

I NEED A STAND TO CLOBBAH THAT THERE JOJO

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Yinlock posted:

sad that there's no lovely goanimate version yet

I'm still waiting on one for Chase.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Yinlock posted:

well that depends on how much you define Phil Platinum as a problem

I thought we agreed his name was Jeff Platinum?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

hoobajoo posted:

It's just The Wall, as in, Another Brick In The Wall. It gives him the power to be unstumpable.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Where are the voice clips from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

He's too stupid to die, rather.

• Locked thread