Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

darealkooky posted:

I'm not excited for davids 3/4 chapters per episode pacing to mean we get an entire season before the best character shows up

Don't worry man I'm here already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
I am luckily(?) at work for another 4 hours, so when I get home at 8 30, Jojo will be waiting for me.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

At one minute, 30 seconds in, there's the nichest of all JoJolion (part 8) references. david are amazing.

Red Crazy Diamond is amazing and I am glad that the anime has finally gotten to premiere the best JoJo and best Stand.

It's not often I agree with anything you say, but yeah, this is great stuff.

Also, man, you should mirror your webms, I can't load any of them because everyone is too hype for Jojo.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
The Stand With No Name

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Suaimhneas posted:

But then what would people mash it up with?

Alternate joke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLT6sEGD5Rw

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
I'm also at work, so if someone could just let me know if it's all star so I can drive down to the cursed land Aurain is in and laugh right in his face that'd be swell.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
The OP is great apart from one glaring omission.

I truly, madly, deeply love my IRL Stand 『Savage Garden』 and they choose a very nostalgic 90s song for me, so the ED is great. David Productions have done it again. Part 4 is the best.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Moltrey posted:

Just watched the episode and this adaption is just.... [ kisses my fingers like a chef ] David Production has revealed that Part 3 wasn't even their final form and it's beautiful. Greatest anime ever made imho tbh

sankyuu for saving anime based David.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Moltrey posted:

This is not the first time I've seen someone bet into JoJo through that video which is weird to me but hey, whatever works, welcome aboard.

Nah, I get it. There are few things I like more than a Slamabout mix. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3tkaVcYgPA

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Aqua Necklace is one of those Stands that possesses and controls a substance, like Iggy's The Fool. So it has the disadvantage of not being a ghost, it's visible to normal people (otherwise the brandy trick would work), but has the advantage that when Josuke goes punch crazy on aqua necklace, Angelo isn't blown into ten million pieces.

There are very few hard and fast Stand rules, but this one and "A stand's power is directly proportional to how close it needs to stick to the user if they want any kind of control over it" are fairly consistent I think.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Baal posted:

Come with all your questions to "Baal explains JoJo Memes Corner" next time and win a free prize

How does King Crimson work?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
I like how the Arrow either gives you a Stand, or kills people who can't handle one (like, say, Holly or young Josuke for example). So Koichi is hit and clearly doesn't have what it takes so, welp he's gonna die. But then Josuke heals him, so he is gonna live. So uhhh.... poo poo, what now? So his spirit encases his Stand in an egg, ready to hatch when he is capable of handling his new psychic powers. It's an incredible train of logic, I love it.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Part 2 stuff spoiled for courtesy here.

I feel like it's kind of a shame that the later Pillar Men (up until perfect Kars) don't have such a variety of crazy body manipulation stuff going on, instead sticking to their niches. The scene where Santana just walks through a guy and eats him on the way past is pretty sick.

I really like the Pillar Men, super vampires are a fun idea.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

ChaosArgate posted:

That's probably just Namco being extremely cautious. They changed Pet Shop to Animal Shop for the EoH localization too despite Pet Shop being seemingly ok for CR (and Viz?) to use.

Yeah but we've already had Echoes, which is just a word, changed to Reverb so who knows?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Raserys posted:

Research has informed me this song was in fact, not a Weird Al parody

He did Amish Paradise.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Again, Surface is literally just a word, why would they feel the need to change it? So it goes, I guess.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
I don't have a favourite. In fact, I hate Jojo.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Spoilers for part 3, maybe idk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9J5tYShNY8

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

hoobajoo posted:

Some stand users just seem to know what it can do innately. Others have to figure it out or only know the gist of it.

I think most people we see with Stands have had them a while right? I dunno if we know how long between Angelo escaping and Episode 1 of Part 4 was, but I think the only people we see earning their Stands and having to figure them out are Jotaro and Koichi, and they take a while to master them.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Does anyone even mention the screw in character? I don't think the screw is actually there so much as it's just a signifier to the audience which Josuke we're looking at.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
If you don't love Okuyasu by this episode I hate you and shall destroy you.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Also, in the anime at least I can't recall in the manga, Enya mentions that she helped awaken Dio's stand when Steely Dan is killing her.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
I'm meh on PB as a whole, but vampire Heathcliff is just such a delightful rear end in a top hat, and the beginning and end are so memorable and cool that I still think of it fondly even if, yeah I probably won't ever go back and read it again or anything.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

hoobajoo posted:

On Sans' initial lukewarmness to Part 4, I wonder if you like slice of life? I was almost instantly in love with Part 4, but that's probably because my two favorite genre in anime are shown and slice of life, and DiU is essentially a fusion of the two, and that's pretty rare. I also love Josuke for having the best qualities from the first 3 JoJo's (kindness, cleverness, and coolness) while still feeling like a real teenager.

It also doesn't have the same looming threat of the big bad like SDC had, and I can understand that. But keep on the ride and I'm confident you'll love where things go.

As a counterpoint, I hate slice of life and part 4 is my favourite.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Onmi posted:

Yes, but we have to wait a year before we can in good conscience show it to people in the Anime thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMJOLORxYh0

These however are also wonderful.

I've always liked this one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfIRxmWk4IQ

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Koichi is just the best.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
It's well known that there is a dearth of crazy males in fiction in general, it is true.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I thought the reason was that she noticed his personality shifted from being incredibly shy and timid to being more capable of standing up for himself due to becoming a Stand User.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Yukako is pretty sexist, and the whole "crazy girlfriend" thing is, at this point, overdone to a ludicrous degree, but to be honest I've long since given up hope with the vast majority of shounen stuff so I can't bring myself to care overly much about something from the early 90s maybe being a little off, there are better female characters in later stories in Jojo, which is nice.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Archenteron posted:

I made lunch for/with a friend who Actually Has Celiac once and turns out some gluten-free pastas are actually not too bad! The texture can be a little off, but depending on what it's made with, the pasta itself can have a nice flavor. You can do it, you can eat the italian food. I believe in you!

That or... Risotto? Can't do the butter/cheese finisher, so probably a stronger flavored meat or veggie one?

Given the number of tests for it we do daily at work, I estimate Doctors believe roughly 145% of the population of the UK has coeliac by this point.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Should point out that as far as we can tell, Tonio never got hit with the Stand Arrow, that's a semi-important detail to note going forward in Jojo.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Johnny Joestar posted:

araki basically went from 0 to 100 between phantom blood and battle tendency with the whole 'well these are super ancient flesh wizards that eat vampires as food' thing and from there there's really not much room to expand beyond 'one of them conquered the burn of sunlight and became the ultimate lifeform who was actually impossible to kill'.

that and hamon was a sort of boring jack of all trades energy thing that, if given a lot of fleshing out could have become its own thing over time i'm fairly sure, but the series as we know it would not be jojo's bizarre adventure and i feel it wouldn't have become as popular as it did. stands are here to stay. i won't say that absolutely 100% of everything is handled with stands from part 3 onwards, but a vast majority of it is.

Well if you had Hamon evolve into Stands, you've basically got nen.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

no they will not posted:

It's a real shame Jotaro doesn't possess any sort of ability that would allow him to, say, cover a small distance in a shorter amount of time

Jotaro's player couldn't turn up to this session so his PC light has dimmed today.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
The thing is, Red Hot Chilli Pepper is on a motorbike and Okuyasu can teleport, you just have to show that Jotaro is making an effort to get there as soon as possible and make the distance bigger and it's fine. It's been a while, and I read it all at once, but I never got the impression in the manga that Jotaro just kind of hung around and did nothing when he was able to just TOKI WO TOMARE and take the yellow kappa's loving head off.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The actual answer as to why Jotaro doesn't use his time stop as soon as RHCP appears to murder the hell out of it is because it's an Okuyasu character building fight and everything is always a slave to story telling.

It's not the answer you want, but it's definitely the right answer.

I wouldn't want Jotaro to like take over his fight or anything, but I think a little offhand explanation other than "Jotaro is thinking about sea cucumbers" isn't that onerous a request.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

EmmyOk posted:

I just decided to reread some Air Gear and someone compared a character to Star Platinum time ability wise.

I'm sorry.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Yeah I think he's 16 and a freshman because I think Japan uses that weirdo American style where you go to three separate schools, rather than starting high school at 12, as God intended.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Some of my favourite character stuff in this episode.

And yeah, looks like David have shown us Josuke's birthmark for the first time ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
But... Yamcha sucks in Dragonball????

• Locked thread