Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
Kind of sad to see the current creators on Batgirl aren't doing BoP seeing as that was what they were building up to all along.

Sign me up for All-star and Batman though.

poo poo. Janin and Finch on Batman art. Way to have two extremes on the same book DC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

WickedHate posted:

Is Rucka good or bad.

Highly recommend you check out his Batwoman run on Detective Comics. Also Lazarus, though it didn't really grab me. Also Gotham Central. Read that.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Now that Rucka is back on into the fold it's time for DC to make a play for Waid.

Hahahahhahha

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
It's earth 1 Jack Nicholson.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
How many people are like me and are sad the DCYou stuff is getting cancelled? I really like We are Robin, heard good things about Martian Manhunter and Midnighter, hope Prez is forgotten, hoped Dr Fate would get better etc.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Teenage Fansub posted:

I dunno if it's been noted, but someone in the costume thread noticed that there's a gang of Wild Dogs on the Green Arrow cover.

If there was a God that gang would get a spin-off. Wild Dog for life.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

Hey now.

I have at least one female customer.

Just don't let your other customers interact with her.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Teenage Fansub posted:

Harley Quinn/Suicide Squad April Fools Special has about four pages that are secretly Suicide Squad Rebirth and should make people happy.
The rest is pretty cute.

I really don't want to buy a Harley Quinn comic but I do like Suicide Squad. Is the stuff a reboot of sorts or what happens?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
It's a parody. It's got to be a parody.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

bobkatt013 posted:

That's what I feel about The coming of Superman

I kind of wish some podcast would do a dramatic reading of Adam's stuff.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

HitTheTargets posted:

I'm iffy on Cave Carson Has A Cybernetic Eye. There's too little revealed yet to know if the tone is on point, or kinda phony and corporate. I mean, yeah, that's true of all of them at this point, but that one is clearly going to live or die on tone.

I was at the announcement at ECC and the way Gerard described the flimsy premise was hilarious. Basically he read about a character in some who's who book and came across a character whose only characteristic was that he had a cybernetic eye and he wants the book to explore why this guy has a cybernetic eye.

From the way all the books sounded Way was just coming up with ideas but nothing absolute solid had been done yet. Right now it's just brainstorming.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

TwoPair posted:

Um so Scott Lobdell killed one of the worst characters DC's shat out in years? gently caress, give the man an Eisner, I say.

I am oddly okay with this. The getting rid of the worst character bit.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
And just like Carnage JD was edgy for edginess sake. The analogy works.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
It looks like Super-Man's name has been changed to sound a little less Japanese now.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
DC solicits for July are up. Nothing really jumping out at me.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Teenage Fansub posted:

Eradicator, son!

e: Some DCYou series are still going?!
Doc Fate is on #14 and doesn't say Final Issue.
New Suicide Squad and Harley are the only ones that do, but I guess they're getting replaced sooner than Batman Beyond, Deathstroke, Earth 2 and Teen Titans.

I know that they said that Prez Vol.2 or whatever will get released near the elections or some such BS but I still won't believe it til I see it. Has the trade been selling well enough?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I would take his opinion a bit more seriously if he didn't declare every single title a steaming pile of crap except Red Hood. You can figure out DT tastes from that.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Something about hipster Shaggy seems so perfect, and I'm down for Future Quest.

One thing I liked about DCyou was the experimentation that was involved and I'm really sad to see it go with Rebirth. Instead of expanding the craziness they are doubling down on the safe stuff, and then people complain on how desperate they are.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

I'm surprised Deadshot has't had that Punisher in hiding surgery yet.

Well in Suicide Squad Most Wanted they had him being replaced by a black man. The way it's been handled though is pretty amusing though.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Teenage Fansub posted:

I'm waking up to nobody going nuts for Plastic Man comics. Y'all a buncha dopes.

I bought all the Baker ones the last time they were on sale. They are dope though it took me a while to warm up to the artwork.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

TwoPair posted:

I'll bite, how? Did a black marksman kill Floyd Lawton and declare himself Deadshot?

Kind of. Deadshot and some other sharp shooter who happens to be black (but not very Will Smith looking) were sent on a mission, but Deadshot bailed pretty early to deal with some personal poo poo. Deadshot got shot up pretty badly though, and while lying in hospital on life support the sharp shooter comes and bitches out Deadshot for stealing his origin story (as seen in some Justice League annual), and it turns out Floyd's origin is actually pretty similar to the one Ostrander gave him in the original Deadshot mini. Black sharp shooter then declares himself the new Deadshot, goes on a mission with the Suicide Squad and go of the rails and starts killing everyone.

edit: drat Batman really needs some underwear on the outside if his package is going to hang like that.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
But DC comics are $2.99 so I will be saving money :suicide:

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

ElNarez posted:

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/articles/more-suicide-squad-books-come-to-dc-in-august/1100-155474/

John Ostrander is writing a Suicide Squad one-shot and it sounds like my jam

Oh, and also we're getting more Suicide Squad Most Wanted with people from DC's Writer Workshop program. WHO'S DOWN FOR VERTICAL INTEGRATION Y'ALL????

Ostrander writing another Squad story. Yes please.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Going to post the DC solicits for August.

This one caught my eye the most

Solicits posted:

ALL-STAR BATMAN #1
Written by SCOTT SNYDER • Art and cover by JOHN ROMITA JR., DANNY MIKI and DECLAN SHALVEY • Cover by JOHN ROMITA JR. and DANNY MIKI • Variant cover by JOHN ROMITA JR. and DANNY MIKI Variant cover by JOCK • Variant cover by DECLAN SHALVEY • Blank variant cover
Retailers: This issue will ship with five covers. Please see the order form for details.
“My Own Worst Enemy” part one! Superstar writer Scott Snyder explodes into an all-new Batman series alongside legendary artist John Romita Jr., reimagining some of the Dark Knight’s greatest villains. First up: Two-Face! Batman must take Two-Face to a destination out of Gotham City, but the duplicitous villain has a two of spades up his sleeve. Every assassin, bounty hunter and ordinary citizen with something to hide is on their tails with one goal: kill Batman! Handcuffed together on the road to hell, this is Batman and Two-Face as you’ve never seen them before!
On sale AUGUST 10 • 40 pg, FC, $4.99 US • RATED T

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Has it been confirmed if All-Star Batman is taking place in it's own continuity or in the main DC continuity?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I get that they are trying to channel their iconic 80's logo and all, but I am honestly eagerly awaiting their next reboot when they bring back that logo in earnest.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

PenguinKnight posted:

Blocky letters have their place. There's that logo from 72 and 74 that is exactly what they're doing now, but not as good. They could just make the circle smaller, or use the 72 one.

I'm a 76'er for life!

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Teenage Fansub posted:

That ain't bad.

Needs to be tilted more and have a few stars surrounding it.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Looks like it belongs on that aborted Bugs Bunny cartoon from several years back.

This one

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Future Quest feels like Parker's JLU but with different characters. I hope that he has more free range to tell the story he wants to tell now. Also Shaner is awesome and the book was fun.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Norns posted:

I'm excited. It can't possibly be worse than it is now. :shrug:

By now the narrative is that DC hasn't done anything good since the 90's, or early 2000's or whenever Didio wasn't around, or whenever Johns didn't write anything, or something like that. Just accept it.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

goldenoreos posted:

Oh I know it's garbage. I just want to see that bad internet CGI again.

It will never ever beat the Spiderman cartoon when it comes to bad CGI.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
This is the best Johnny Quest related cartoon that came out of the 90's. Unfortunately I can't get the full episode anymore. drat you Youtube.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Kingtheninja posted:

So if Damien is the TT Robin of Rebirth, what's going on with Tim?

I think he will be in Detective Comics as part of some secret bat squad featuring Spoiler and Clay face.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Well no store near me is opening at midnight for it, and I won't be able to get comics until after work so the debate now is get the comic online or get the floppy after work.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

X-O posted:

You know the only thing that's really killing my interest in Rebirth at this moment is still the double shipping. I'd be looking forward to it much more if it were only like a handful of the books.

Same here. There are a few titles that I want to read but no way I can afford with the double shipping. Probably going to trade wait a few titles now.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Going to get Batman, All-Star Batman and Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman. After that it will be purely on discretion and reviews and how much my wallet can tolerate it.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

X-O posted:

Just you wait until Gotham is revealed to be Nite Owl. Then you'll be the silly one.

EDIT: Yes, what he said ^^^

That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

Clearly they need to hang out with Blue Beetle instead.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Well it's gonna have dozens of speedsters in it so if there's a way to introduce flash family members that's part of it.

It's not confirmed that Wally is in The Flash but it's heavily implied by the same spoiler warning Titans got, saying you should read DC Universe Rebirth first and newWally has a mysterious mentor who isn't Barry. Who else is gonna give him his old Kid Flash costume?

Please let it be Rorschach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I liked Cyborg in the Teen Titans cartoon. Does that count?