Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

What sort of genius idea compelled them to arrest a postal worker on shift besides something horribly, virulently racist? It just doesn't look good on cameras at all.

Idiot cops nearly ran over a New Yorker, he reacted like a New Yorker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

If this so-called "theory" of gravity were true, then why birds? Huh? WHY BIRDS?

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Lotka Volterra posted:

Apparently that is satire.

To be fair, their 'source' does a pretty poo poo job of pointing out that they are a satire site. And in today's political climate where Poe's law is the rule of the day, you really really need to be clear when you're joking.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

ReidRansom posted:

It seems that SCOTUS has denied the DC madam's lawyer's request to release her phone records. Wonder if he'll do it anyway like he has said.

If I recall, his original claim was something like 'if the SCOTUS doesn't take this up I'll release it anyway' so I guess it depends on how you want to interpret it. There's not much coverage of it yet, but reports I've found say that only Roberts looked at it by himself and said 'naaaaaaaah' and that was it. Not exactly getting the full consideration of the court. :shrug:

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Armyman25 posted:

The best part is they are completely opposed to any mandatory or automatic Federal ID.

Because that's just one step away from tattooing the mark of the beast on your forehead, you monster.

(I wish I were joking)

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Add more happy little trees, Harry. Your public access show will never take off if all you paint is blasted hellscapes.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

What is that man doing in his pocket?

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

cheerfullydrab posted:

How about DC becomes a state, and at the same time, we split up Oklahoma into East Oklahoma and West Oklahoma into two solidly red states or something like that. That way we get some new liberals in Congress, but also an equal amount of new conservatives. It would be called some sort of Compromise.

This state is already bad enough, and now you want to make two of them?

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Unzip and Attack posted:

You should throw Oklahoma in that basket as well. Our legislature enacted income tax cuts for the rich in 2010 and again last year despite the Dem minority loudly screeching that doing so would gently caress us if/when oil prices dropped. Now we're facing 9 figure budget shortfalls and schools are closing early. Meanwhile our legislature is fighting over a 10 Commandments monument on the capitol grounds and the "progressive" President of OU is championing a regressive-as-gently caress sales tax to try and fix poo poo. We get the government we deserve.

Don't forget trying to make abortion functionally illegal while saying that we don't have to worry about the cost of the inevitable legal battle, because surely the good lord will provide!

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

GreyjoyBastard posted:

On another note: Brontosaurus, you may not be aware but Amergin is straight up a gimmick troll.

No, don't give away the game! I just made popcorn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Just waiting on someone to start a religion with a single tenet, that being denying all services to cis white straight rich men, and then see how many conservative heads explode.

I wonder how many other laws shouldn't apply to people because of their religious beliefs? What if I'm a strict believer in the Aztec religion and have a sincerely held belief in human sacrifice?

• Locked thread