Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
Helix bullets + Bouncy bullets + water douser + robot = sure win. Game lagged so much though but holy gently caress that cleared rooms, I was absurdly lucky with drops, shops and a briefcase of cash though, oh and I had stout bullets and zombie bullets too, and tons of guns. The game really wanted me to win

Destro fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Aug 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
Wow cigarettes are really good, same floor i got them on I got the medic ladies, brought me over like 10 coolness, then I got the vorpal gun, then I got the gungine on the next floor, and another S chest

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
Is the demolition man achievement impossible to get with the Bullet? I've rolled destroyed tons of frozen dudes with him and never go the achievement.

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
The three payday homies are really loving good

Also managed to get the pea shooter with broccoli this run which was kind of fun.

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
Got super close to Lead God achievement today, then got stupidly hit by the dragon one time. A couple runs later and I am finally the Lead God after 82 hours. Ended up with the metronome on floor 3 or 4 then I just used Blasphemy for the rest and didn't get hit. Really satisfied because the time before I should have had it easily but I thought I had a dodge and I hosed it up. Guess the Rat and Advanced Dragun are all that's left.

Though I did get hit in bullet hell and lost my uber Blasphemy the Lich Still died easily to the Eye of the Beholster

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
Yeah that was another thing I skipped picking up some weapons or changing weapons to refill ammo. Didn't bother looking in the menu if that was an option or not but would be nice if it was.

In fact it would be better if metronome dropped its buff if you killed a guy with another weapon. That way you could refill ammo too.

Destro fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Aug 12, 2018

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up

goferchan posted:

Huh I could have sworn that holding metronome stopped you from autoswitching

No way to stop gun switching when picking up guns. However if you do pick up a gun with the metronome the buff will apply to that gun. However you'll lose the buff if you switch back to the gun you were using or any other gun. Kinda makes metronome a very mediocre item imo.

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
Woo got the advanced dragon this was me before with a fully metronomed blasphemy and 6 guon stones.

And after

I may have had even more armor before I fought him, but I forgot to screenshot on the 5th floor. Didn't know what I was getting into and got pretty beat up but I'll take the win on my first attempt. Luckily had health for days because when I lost the blasphemy metro I didn't really have much else to kill him with cause I avoided picking up a bunch of weapons due to the nome buff, just as bunch of weak weapons. Still haven't killed the rat yet, just found the weird egg on this run.

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
I like the aiming on keyboard mouse, but the movement is so much nicer with a controller

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
Anyone know offhand what weapons let you see items in chests? I know the exotic does but I think there are a couple of others.

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I think only synergy buffs do that besides the exotic

Do you know those by chance? Doesn't seem like its something I can search for on the wiki.

Also does the evil muncher's guns eaten carry across playthroughs? I've already unlocked the gunslinger's ashes, so I'm wondering if its worth giving it trash guns each time I find it and eventually get a S or A weapon from it on some run. Cause you usually don't get enough guns in one run to sacrifice to it.

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
Man I misjudged how much curse I had and bought enough items to get 10 curse from the cursula vendor on floor 4. Still managed to finish jammed dragon and a jammed curse pillar to finish the run, with lord of the jammed chasing me around. Fortunately I had silver bullets which helped immensely. I wish there was a counter in game to show you how much curse you have.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

go to the synergy page and ctrl+f 'chest' theres only three synergies that do it i think

Thanks for that didn't think to search for synergies

Destro fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Aug 19, 2018

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
Yeah definitely not a fan of the bloodied scarf

Got 2 more lead god runs today, man the cheese gun is so OP

Destro fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Aug 20, 2018

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
I still haven't figured out if this guy that pops out of dead bodies sometimes is used for? Looks like a mini shade or something.

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up

Or is it Sputnik posted:

I got my first Lead God run two days ago and went on to do a Blessed run. The absolute highlight was getting the Knight Time synergy (Gunknight Greaves + Ballistic Boots, taking damage stops enemy time), then shooting a Gunjurer with the Scrambler. They hurled the egg back at me, which since it's My bullet or something moves at normal speed, and stops the Gunjurer from finishing their spell when it damaged me. I completely killed myself down from at least four hearts. I'm not even mad.

Honorable mentions to whenever I got stuck with the Microtransaction Gun and was forced to piss my wallet away, and when I had to kill an Iron Maiden with the camera. Still, I eventually got it done.

When I was new I did the same thing normal time though, had the scrambler and shot a gunjurer was running and wondering what the gently caress was going on before I died.

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
Most times unless I have a high damage weapon I just ignore the pods, just loving not worth it

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
With the robot helix+bouncy+water cannon and then battery electifying gave me pretty bad hitching too

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
Well got all the achievements. Did Challenge run on my first try and the run had terrible RNG for drops. Thank god I got a magic lamp at least.

The other thing that worked out good was the fossilized gun and bouncy bullets with the jetpack. Blasphemy was only good for the first 2 floors, as I started to get hit from then on.

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
https://youtu.be/RiyeAH6bmG4?t=79

Here's a visual example of what he means on how to dodge the screen of circles. It's super easy once you got it down. I'd say the hardest rat attack are the missiles he shoots that hit the wall and split into bullets, I'll usually just blank that one if I have blanks.

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
Just me, my birds, invulnerability for days, and my orbital gun. Getting ready for this update and boy did this run snowball fast.

Think Relodestone was the only other invuln item I didn't get this run. Found 3 vampire girls so was flush with cash too.

Destro fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Mar 30, 2019

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up

Desperate Character posted:

The one thing I want in the last update is to make the oubliette only cost one key instead of two because depending on drops/shop size sucks for everyone besides the pilot

Also I’m curious if the paradox will have unique sprites for the rat punch out. After beating him with all four characters on full boss runs (oh god the robot was hell) I’m psyched to beat him up again and again and again

I don't think the Oubliette is that bad of a price. Two keys for a floor's worth of casings, boss drop, secret room chance, two chests, another shop inventory, and possible shrines or other npcs isn't a bad price. Oubliette is almost always worth doing and the only time I debate on it is if there is an S chest on floor 1 and I only end up with two keys. With only two keys I'll just junk every other chest including A as A tier items are mostly disappointing on the whole, and I think destroying an A chest reduces the magnificence same as with opening it. You'll have a boss gun drop if you cleared the first floor with the starting weapon, and if that's not a good gun, Blobulord is easy and can be handled fine with a pistol. I mostly like that Oubliette makes it real easy to save for the rat key while still having enough money to buy 2-3 keys along the way or a cheaper item if like a lead skin is for sale or something. Being able to go to the rat every run is almost too OP as when you get the punch out down 4-5 keys off him is easy and the items from his chests and punchout drops just snowball the entire run.

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up

Nevvy Z posted:

In that case would it be better to skip them entirely?

They do have some pretty good drops, so I'll open them if I have the keys, but not if it means not going to the Oubliette. Destroying the chest in that case seems to drop the magnificence so you'll end up getting 2 more A or S chests or boss drops along the way especially if you do Old King. And if you do rat his punch out drops don't seem to be affected by magnificence either.

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
Rainbow runs seem to be easy mode run if you know what to pick. And is the gunslingers Lich's Eye Bullets what makes him synergize with like loving everything?

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
Gunslinger poo poo The Gunslinger is definitely easy mode even more so than rainbow I think, his passive is that he synergizes with loving everything so every gun you get is gonna have the best synergies straight away, and it's not just one synergy its all the synergies for every single gun. With rainbow you just have to know items and its a breeze, Gunslinger you don't have to know anything, but to get him you will already be fairly decent, so it seems like both rainbow and Gunslinger were added to let people have an easy run if they want.

Also found the unfinished gun and brought it to the smith, but no dialogue, she did say she wanted a ruby bracelet though. I think the unfinished gun can be finished but maybe not. There was that screenshot in patch notes showing the finished gun.

Destro fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Apr 6, 2019

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up

quidditch it and quit it posted:

loving piece of poo poo has crashed again for no reason when I had the paradox and was just before the Dragun. I know it’s a free update and all but for gently caress’s sake.

The Dev's have been on the Gungeon subreddit saying they are fixing the crashes/bugs, and responding to some of the posters there so I'd imagine fixes will be coming soon.

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up

Oxxidation posted:

so is killing the past necessary for getting paradox or can you just end the game normally

cuz i just got killed by cannon and i am feeling terribly vexed

Gotta go to bullet hell and kill the lich with the paradox effect active to get paradox unlocked.

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
The game takes time to get good at and the unlocks are there to give some incentive to do that. I suppose that time varies per person, but skill plays a large factor in finishing any run and once you are decent at the game unlocks shouldn't be a problem.

Einwand posted:

You can also kill your past, I did it on a bullet run that did not go to bullet hell.

Oh yeah checked the wiki and this is possible too, didn't know that, but you still need the effect on you before you do it.

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up

il serpente cosmico posted:

Question: Is there a mod for the PC version that anyone could recommend that tracks your curse level? I know I could keep track myself, but I never do, and by the time I start to worry about it I have so many items that I don't generally want to go through and figure it out.

https://modworkshop.net/mydownloads.php?action=view_down&did=23701

Looks like it was just recently updated for farewell to arms. It doesn't seem to work for me though right now, mod the gungeon isn't enabling right and isn't pulling down the console and the game crashes on exiting.

Edit: nevermind got it working

Destro fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Apr 11, 2019

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up

Wildtortilla posted:

Actually I take back my statement. It only poisons bosses for a moment. It's still cool to shoot but it's not as effective as it initially appeared. :(

It's a really bad gun

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
The big iron with polymorph synergy and the new predator gun I think are some of my favorite guns, not the most OP, I just love getting them.

The plague pistol even with synergies is just bad, doesn't give you immunity for poison so you got to deal with poison pools, only 4 damage a shot, has a little more ammo with the synergy but at its base the ammo is terrible for the damage it does, terrible magazine size, and the poison dot isn't that great at all.

Destro fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Apr 15, 2019

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up

BaconCopter posted:

The corsair is fantastic, maybe you are instead the one who sucks :catbert:

Alien Engine is still the best gun in the game.

I agree that the corsair is fantastic for gun munching.

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up

Oxxidation posted:

getting three perfects on winchester's game is going to be a trial

flight items are few and far between

https://youtu.be/IvaRsBs166c

Here you go

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
The high caliber + any invuln item loving wrecks bosses, you just stand next to them and fire and the soul spawns right on you doing alot of damage.

Edit: Actually i think you need the holey grail with the high kaliber to get the souls to come to you.

Destro fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Apr 15, 2019

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up

Atoramos posted:

Had a run that got Junkan early, leveled him up to 7 and finally unlocked him, but didn't go the distance. Feels bad knowing he'll be pretty rare from now on.

Tbh Junkan is fun, but I don't think he's worth losing all the chests considering you need 7 junk to fully upgrade him. So that's 7 + chests, probably more like 10+ cause not all of them will drop junk. That said I usually try and upgrade him if I get him early just for fun.

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up

vorebane posted:

So I'm bad at this game, and am still trying to win with the robot. When should I take another active over coolant leak? I'm not sure what else to ask i think mostly i need to stop getting hit.

Many things are better than coolant leak. Gun friendship, any invulnerability item, lament configuration, big boy, bracket key, any item that lets you steal there is more but that's just off the top of my head.

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
I played a few hundred hours on controller and now I switched to keyboard mouse, but I'll sometimes still use a controller depending on if I feel like having more precise movement at the expense of aim. Controller lets you move at slower speeds which is a huge plus and dodge roll a little more accurately, but the aim is not as good especially if you have like remote bullets.

For people struggling maybe try controller, you get used to right stick aiming pretty quickly, and you will want to manually aim most of the time cause the auto aim is kind of garbage in how it targets, the benefit you get from moving more precisely may help you survive better. Off the top of my head keybinds on my 360 controller are L2 - Roll, R2 - fire, L1 - item, L2 map, X - Blank, Y- gun menu, B - interact, A and right stick press- reload, directional pad for item and gun cycling.

Destro fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Apr 17, 2019

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
Holy gently caress they added back int he abyssal tentacle and black hole gun synergy, that poo poo is OP as hell

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up

Klaus Kinski posted:

Or crank autoaim to the max and focus on dodging. There's very few weapons you want to manually lead with and as long as you avoid the RC weapons/bullets you are golden.

Even on max I still hated it because it targets dumb things like barrels and just whatever is closest to you instead of poo poo you want to kill asap.

Just had a clover run and ended up with a loving army.

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
To stop the cheese heal you have to hit him with a right handed punch at the right time. Left handed doesn't work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up

Archenteron posted:

Why fight the rat? Go into his level, get the rainbow chest, and go the wrong direction in the maze 2-3 times, boom, elevator to floor 4. EZPZ extra chest for the low low price of 115 casings, 2 blanks (or 1 armor and 1 blank), and a key

bing bong so simple :smugdon:

On rainbow runs you can get the items from the punch out which is enough reason to fight him.

Gamerofthegame posted:

I really wish there was a way to turn off gun drops for things you just absolutely despite. I've been doing rainbow blessed runs for a giggle and everytime my run just gets ended when I start getting a bunch of charge up lovely guns in a row.

or the molotov launcher on the dragon, that thing that can't hurt him

3rd party controller will screw you over too big time in blessed runs and should just be removed from them.

Destro fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Apr 22, 2019