Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/jerrypleasure/status/1027383398573191168

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Swords obviously not but why would a teacher stop an 8 year old wearing chain mail?

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

walrusman posted:

"Disrupting the learning environment," the teacher equivalent of the old "interfering with a police officer" catch-all charge.

As a teacher myself I'd have zero issues with a kid wearing chain mail, provided it wasn't too much of a distraction and they could still do their poo poo

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Paladinus posted:

For one, their every move would be accompanied by loud jangling.

as if primary school kids are capable of doing anything at all quietly

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

And that cops name, was Albert Einstein

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Actually doing what he said produces some good results though

quote:

Once, once told me,
the world takes me to the world
I am not the most precise tool in stock
He looked somewhat dumb
with his finger and finger
In the form of "L" in his forehead

Years are coming and going
I refer to the federal laws and go to the ground
Do not be good to entertain
Your brain becomes smart, but it's a dumb lead
So much to do, much to see
So wrong with the back streets?
You never know if you do not go
You'll never shine if you do not

Hey, now, you're a star, continue playing, play
Hey, now, you're a rock star, you're showing, paid
And all these misfortunes are gold
Only the masters shot the mold

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

He's doing a novelty boxing match against a British YouTuber called KSI in a few days. The other guy has actual boxing experience so I think people are expecting/hoping Paul will get the poo poo beaten out of him. It's a good publicity stunt tbh

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

The bit about his roommate nearly getting assaulted and going to Muay Thai lessons doesn't seem particularly unrealistic but literally everything about the poster does.

"I scared away the creeper, I convinced her to call the cops who viewed my footage of the incident, then I got her free kockboxing lessons. I do this sort of thing for females all the time :smugbert: "

The thing about the keys probably isn't true either, he just needed an excuse to retell and insert himself into a story that his roommate told him.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Hoshi posted:

I thought the post script comes after the valediction

The p stands for "pre" in this case

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Just gave my name as "methodological individualism" in Starbucks. As the (Hegelian) barista screamed out my "name" repeatedly, the whole place erupted in to applause. Result. Try it.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I have definitely been using Google calendar for more than 5 years, and my partner is still using her iPhone 5 from 2012.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Has there ever been a "my kid said X" tweet that really happened?

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Zipperelli. posted:

This dude's entire account is STDH_with_my_kids.txt
https://twitter.com/XplodingUnicorn?s=09

Yeah this dude has turned stdh into a book and a career

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Haifisch posted:

Dentist offices, well known for having on site security.

Dentists generally are loving scammers though, he's not wrong

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Someone clicked my back and my teeth healed themselves

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Everyone I know with a physical disability has a sense of humour about it, but they all also have standard transactional responses to poo poo like that because it happens like every time they go to a restaurant or whatever.

voiceless anal fricative has a new favorite as of 07:05 on Aug 29, 2018

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

jobson groeth posted:

Yes but the only way for it to be accessible offline on your phone is for that information stored on Googles computers to be synched to your phone so it synchs.

When is your phone ever "offline"? Is this 2010 or something?

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

"Just wait a second honey I need to-

yes yes I know your arm hurts, we already established it's probably broken-

yes I heard you the first ten times, Dad just needs to-

no I'm not talking to the doctor about your arm, this is much more serious. Did you know this doctor has been using vaccines on KIDS?"

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Starts out believable but gets progressively less so, with the bystanders clapping to seal the deal at the end.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Not even with a hoodie, stopped a school shooter by reflecting light into their eyes.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Trash Boat posted:

No wait but you see the only thing we need to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun mirror in their hoodie and also

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Jurgan posted:

It's a mildly clever bit of wordplay, but I can't see why anyone thinks it would prove anything. People aren't metal crafts.

I wonder if he also holds out his hand for some money when someone says "a penny for your thoughts", or thinks that the bird exchange rate is fixed at one in the hand for two in the bush.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

yeah I eat rear end posted:

A responsible pet store?

This is the real fake part. Pet stores (at a corporate level) are involved in some of the most unethical and gross treatment of animals. There's no way they'd be applauding an employee for refusing to sell a fish to someone

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

dovetaile posted:

I've worked in a corporate pet store for years and most of that story rings true except the part where all of her employers are all thrilled at her for refusing a sale. I've absolutely refused sales for feeder fish and even koi and none of my managers backed me up. Even if it was an absolutely poo poo environment and they should not have been sold a fish (koi in a 10G).

Is this like meta stdh? Because koi and goldfish aren't the same thing

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Comptroll The Forums posted:

And what's with knock-knock jokes? Most of the time when people tell them. they're not even knocking on a real door! Maybe tell the joke without making poo poo up next time, fuckwit.

Don't get me started on absurdist humour. That poo poo doesn't even make sense!

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I don't think she's in any way suggesting that this is exactly how it goes down, she just summarising using a format that's pretty common on Twitter

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

In what hosed up way can he think that he's the good guy in this story?

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Like normally those stories have a much more elaborate setup for why they get to treat some woman like poo poo for having kids. Usually its around how the woman is a neglectful or irresponsible parent and the kids have been screaming/making a mess/being rude to everyone etc, basically the kids and her parenting style are just symbolic of her undeserved sexual agency. But I guess it's a familiar enough trope now that they can just cut straight to the bit where they fantasise about getting to vent and be validated for their misogyny.

voiceless anal fricative has a new favorite as of 01:02 on Sep 21, 2018

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

timefly posted:

There were no men on the childfree LiveJournal community that I remember and they still posted that poo poo constantly.

Byzantine posted:

I think you're stretching. Childfree poo poo is a reaction to heavy social pressure that if you're not married and cranking out kids by 25 you're broken. The constant nagging about "when are you giving us grandchildren?", that kind of thing.

I don't think I've ever seen one that was directed at a man, or even a couple, so regardless of why the poster is resentful the central element of those stories is still a woman's undeserved sexual agency. On top of that is all the overtly misogynist poo poo like describing them as "landwhales" or whatever else, but even without that misogyny is still absolutely central to the meme.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Ugh mooooom Steve is such an rear end in a top hat why does he have to live with us.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Dixville posted:

The text at the bottom... Why???

So you know what was in the picture obviously

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I feed the crows at my local park all the time and they've never brought me poo poo. These stories are lies spread by crows to make people want to feed them

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

The_White_Crane posted:

Wait, she's a black woman who supports Trump?
... has anyone checked that she's mentally competent to be allowed out on her own? :ohdear:

That's pretty racist my dude

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I've legit heard people say the names of twitch emotes in conversation. Like "that's a bit scratchhead" or even pretty dire poo poo like "that's so poggers". I felt like a really loving old man having to google things to understand what young people were saying. To be fair these are mostly teenagers

I suspect my highschool teachers felt much the same way when we started saying poo poo like "owned" in conversation

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Comptroll The Forums posted:

Joke would make more sense if Trump was actually up for re-election this November, but I guess some jokes are just too hot to keep in storage for two years.

Your elections are always in November though right? The joke makes sense even if the election is still a few years away.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Also if you look closely a pumpkin is actually a plant and the president is generally considered to be a human.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007