Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Sisal Two-Step posted:

"get a poop nicely"

boob hickey

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
11 years old really isn't that young anyway. They don't just completely avoid any mention of war, Native American genocide, etc. before high school, it's kind of impossible to learn history without that. Too young to read Night, perhaps, but a general overview of the Holocaust, sure.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

And that man's name was Barney from How I Met Your Mother

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
My cat may have rabies but at least she's not a sperg about it

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

This is like some kind of riddle. I'm gonna go with "the bottle in the picture is actually a completely unrelated bottle of water, and the 'soft drink' is actually a 24-pack"

I still don't think that would be enough...

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Lifehack: Live in a place where grapes cost $5/lb? Don't eat grapes!

(Alternatively, "sample" a few, harvest the seeds and become a Grape Baron)

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Zelder posted:

Flat earth is the best conspiracy theory because I can't imagine the end game of the shadowy Jews globalists who convinced us that the world is round. Chemtrails, 9/11, fluoride, I can understand the theoretical benefit one would gain from those evil machinations. But what good is it if you convince everyone the earth is round?

Look at this guy who's never heard of GLOBE-alization!!!

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
At the rate things are going, it's pretty reasonable to assume a grocery store would have a robot employee.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
It's like a Trump post, except for the part about actually working a day in his life

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Speaking from experience, it's easy to determine if a person or group of people are poo poo tippers or not, and crazy enough you don't have to use stereotypes to figure it out

Not that I'm offended or something, but this strikes me as an inherently contradictory statement. Easily determining what a person or group might do is stereotyping, isn't it? Not necessarily the unjustifiable or hateful kind, but still.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Are we sure that's not a leaked NCIS script? It really has that whole "KIDS WITH THERE CELL PHONES" vibe down pat.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Like and Share this unless you hate are troops. Also let me tell you how John McCain is secretly responsible for all terrorist attacks

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
One might even say they're cool stories, bro

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
And then everybody clapped, including a newly sentient train. And that train's name, was Adolf Hitler

Sir Lemming has a new favorite as of 14:38 on Aug 29, 2017

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

In my other life where I write movie screenplays, I've always wanted to do a thing where a character meaningfully repeats a line from the beginning of the movie and the other character doesn't get the significance, and they try to explain, and the other guy is like "dude why would I remember a random thing I said a month ago."

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Don't worry about various types of crops and animals gradually going extinct -- they can easily be replaced with generically engineered wonderfoods such as Hypercows and Corn 2.0. I believe that's what you people call "evolution" :smug:

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
A red pickup truck pulls up next to me. The driver rolls down his window and says, "I'm a retired Spirograph engineer. Did you know that there's a direct correlation between the decline of Spirograph and the rise in gang activity? Think about it!"

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

gschmidl posted:

Kill all antivaxxers.

I heard they have a vaccine that prevents you from becoming an anti-vaxxer. Several, actually.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
If only he had a gun, that wouldn't have happened

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Yeah the first part of that happened, it's the revenge part that (sadly) didn't, at least not with any of that dialog.

If she did call, they probably said "we'll investigate" and that was the end of it. And to be fair, an anecdote accompanied by pictures of the people who allegedly harassed her are not exactly actionable evidence to fire two of your employees on the spot.

Sir Lemming has a new favorite as of 11:22 on Oct 21, 2017

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Yeah the game with that one isn't "did it happen or not" it's how early can you tell it didn't

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Then the bastard child spontaneously emerged from her womb and applauded

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Really doesn't belong in this thread because it's entirely plausible. Why it's an image macro is another thing altogether. Not sure who the audience would be for it, unless it's from some sort of bereavement therapy forum, in which case more power to them.

Now post something less sad please

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I got a jar of those once and they were pretty baller. Then I looked at the ingredients and realized it's basically pickles + sugar water, which of course negates the nutritional value of eating a vegetable almost entirely. (Including multiplying the calorie count like 5x.)

Luckily my toddler ended up preferring the regular kind anyway :shrug:

Sir Lemming has a new favorite as of 16:31 on Nov 8, 2017

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

I love these stories where the parent, on a whim, before trying anything else, changes a large financial decision that will throw off a year's worth of planning just to teach their kid a lesson about whining.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Yeah it's hard to believe the interview was so bad that they had an employee, on the company's dime, write up a specific and detailed letter with sufficient legal force to demand payment from the interviewee. Although it's kind of fun to imagine how bad it would have to have been.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
IDK if that happened or not but it was a fun and heartwarming father-and-child tale :kiddo:

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
It took me a long time to realize that Mr. Potter was being racist when he referred to "garlic eaters" in It's A Wonderful Life

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Volcott posted:

St. Elsewhere reference.

Speaking of STDH...

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Must be interesting living in a '90s sitcom.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
That whole exchange was definitely "this is what I would say to justify covering my webcam if someone were to call me out on it" but then it never happens so they dump it on the internet instead

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Wonder Woman is a fine superhero movie. But most superhero movies don't really deserve awards.

This has no bearing on whether that Starbucks story happened. It did not.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Hot take, the ending of Wonder Woman wasn't great or the worst thing ever, it was okay, like most superhero movie endings

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Quote-Unquote posted:

Anyway, just had this classic STDH pop up on facebook, now with extra bullshit, way more randomly placed and improperly used/typed ellipses, an out-of-nowhere complaint about tattoos and piercings and an ascii shrug at the end:

Maybe it's just because my eyes glaze over when I get to the middle part and I didn't notice it, but the original pretense for this rant just totally dissolves after the "She sighed then continued", doesn't it? Like it obviously becomes the author's own voice at that point and the pronouns get even more vague. I especially like the parenthetical asides, and the author's apparent iron-clad memory. I guess there's probably supposed to be a transition somewhere in there but it's too poorly written.

Sir Lemming has a new favorite as of 14:59 on Jan 23, 2018

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

I'm getting too old for this STDH

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

was i picked on as a baby? hmm let me think.

• Weighed 18 pounds
  • Parents were both an anti-vaxxer mom (long story)
  • Tried having conversations with 3-month olds every day
  • Had a CGI dog instead of a mouth.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Comptroll The Forums posted:

Scott Adams burned the poo poo outta his mother

That's true, but what does the day Scott Adams was born have to do with this

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I, too, whisper action movie one-liners IRL.

This one just makes me sad for everyone involved: the customer for being desperate enough to fight over a $2 plastic box at a dollar store, and the dollar store employees who aren't paid anywhere near enough to deal with him. You all knew what this was.

(The sheer patheticness makes me believe it happened, though not exactly as narrated.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

St Evan Echoes posted:

i mean if your young children have lovely manners whose fault is that really

Can't be hers. Every time they ask for or receive something she says, "What do you say?" then stares blankly into the distance while the first 10 seconds of "The Sound of Silence" plays, and then takes away their stuff.