Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Henchman of Santa posted:

France won 4-0 and was dominant from the very beginning.

I guess it fits the spirit of the thread, but the Euro 2016 QF result was 5-2, not 4-0. France was the obvious favourite though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

That's a special premiere for a comedy festival.

I don't get it. The film is Sausage Party, what's the connection?

:downsrim:

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I can very easily believe that a troper would be 200lbs.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Ein cooler Typ posted:

A trained swordsman with a katana could defeat someone with a gun from twenty yards away

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw6dlv9rwVE

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

dads_work_files posted:

Dungeons and Dragons stories are somehow even worse than people telling you about their dreams.

This.
And some of them rely on either playing an entirely different game than "advertised" (like the cleric who set their ally on fire rather than healing, the one with the goddess smiting her own cleric), at which point why bother with a story?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

He can't even tell the difference between capital city and capitol? And why is that (and Province) capitalized?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I once was going to go to my girlfriend's house to plan a thing out for her, cause she was returning from a trip.

I forgot her keys.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Non Serviam posted:

Can someone confirm that horse pilot was a real thing in the books? Because that sounds so incredibly ridiculous.

Hohass was a hero of the Rebellion, don't be so insensitive

(Here's the link: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hohass_Ekwesh )

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Shangri-Law School posted:

This is, this is just sad, even if it's true.

Depression can really gently caress with your personal hygiene. I imagine there's other priorities in that person's life.

I do hope it's fake, because I hope that no kids died, but still

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

A lot of the evil decadent Catholic church practices are shared by other denominations. It's just that historically Catholics have been associated with people who are poor, brown, or Not White Enough/only recently given a white pass (Poles, Italians, Spanish, Greek, Irish etc). So everyone remembers to pick on the Catholics in particular but they don't always remember why.

I know this means that the Greek are just now white enough, but on first read I thought it referred to Greeks as Catholics, which is one of the few things you can't say about Greeks

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Zipperelli. posted:

These fuckers will definitely make you sick/considerably poison you if you eat more than like, 2 or 3. The amygdalin (aka b17, by assholes who try to hide this fact) metabolizes into cyanide. Eating too many will loving kill you dead.

Then you have poo poo like this:

In which the writer deserves a swift and punctual asskicking for trying to downplay the dangers of amygdalin.

Honestly, I'm not sure I'd trust Dr. Cancer to tell me about what STOPS cancer.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

oldpainless posted:

halo 4 cane out like 5 years ago on the 360 lmao at a story carrying it when there’s copies of Bayonetta to sell

In that post's defence, it is quite an old post so it could very well be from the time when Halo 4 wasn't a 5 year old last gen game

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

A mod should of locked the thread a long time ago.
But inane details like that are a diamond dozen anyway so I could care less

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Of course there's a Harry Potter joke at the end there.
Don't trap sprung on me, I follow a bunch of mock groups on Facebook

VVV yeah that's pretty much my point, but I know that HP attracts some... Obsessive people and I wanted to pré empt anything like that

Serperoth has a new favorite as of 22:55 on Sep 20, 2018

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Didn't America lose in Vietnam? Also, even if they'd won, how would that have protected MURICAN FREEDUMS? Did those farmers from across the globe try to silence the USA?

Also, imagine hating brown people to the point where you don't even care about your own country's war crimes against their children

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

oldpainless posted:

I saw a swole dumbledore picture and he was called dumbbelldore but now that he’s gay the pic makes a lot more sense. I’ve never seen a gay man who wasn’t incredibly ripped and powerful.

More like oldtwinkless

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

3D Megadoodoo posted:

A real cop would've murdered their niece over this. And then bragged about it on-line.

His wife being experienced in fist fighting is realistic tho

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Magic The Gathering has a new set coming out I'm pretty sure they're doing alright

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I can buy robots killing people but just lmao at the robot connecting to a loving satellite on its own. We can barely get devices explicitly made to only connect to Wi-Fi connect to Wi-Fi

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Skwirl posted:

Also "download instructions to rebuild itself" Who wrote these instructions?

Oh I can definitely believe the blueprints being on a server somewhere. Killer_robot_copy_draft_final(2).xlsx or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

I want to believe, and only a scab wouldn't

:same:

Honestly I have no reason to doubt the story as a whole, an office having two cats and some miscommunication, plus adopting them.

https://twitter.com/JortsTheCat/status/1470948674880475139