Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Oh man this thread got wicked awesome. I so wish I could participate since all I do is mess with old trucks but I just got super busy with work. Seconding the drums availability, they're like the only thing I cant find for my IH but they seriously have like an inch around the rim so if the Chevy ones are similar they should be turnable for a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Well it would be like end of November for me. Might be kinda chilly in Nebraska at that time with a truck where a heater was an option, haha.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

I hope youre ready for the full body cavity search youre gonna recieve at the airport bringing all that poo poo on a plane.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

14 BAR RIFF posted:

So since I don't have to worry about rent, a couple hundred bucks in side jobs will handle the rest of my storage and bills.

How does AI feel about throwing in on a guzzoline fund for the last of the V6 Interceptors loaded with every last tool I can fit.

Book time says 20 hours to Nebraska.

Bet I can beat it.

Just tell me where to put it.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

I have to admit I may have a semi

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

kastein posted:

Over here all pipe threads are tapered and use different thread pitches from bolts, sadly.

Yeah, but every ancient truck (and all the heavy duty trucks I've seen) that I've been under has had a pivoting shaft going through the bellhousing and two arms off of it that actuate the TOB rather than a pivot ball. Was just confused by that.

Like this:

Yea my 56 is like that but the 67 is still not hydraulic, it has a fork and ball with a z-bar type thing to push on the fork.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It really is

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Finally got to see the Jimmy video in the suggested list, haha that thing owns and sounds loving great.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Holy gently caress yes YES

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

I may still have the ram horns from Bernice. Let me take a look tomorrow, I know they are worth something to hot rod guys for some kind of clearance issues so it might be worth a look.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

If its geared anything like my 56 IH with 6.16s in the back, not at all. Just let off the gas and it stops faster than the brakes ever could.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Deteriorata posted:

I doubt the stock drum brakes do much anyway.

Theyre fuckin huge, like 14 inches or something so they work pretty good, plus it maxes out at like 40mph anyway so dont need them all that much.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Yea that thing is going to really suck to drive to Florida. I'd be surprised if it does more than 50 and that's with the lo5 wound right up. That and if the transmission isn't synchronized you either have to stop all the way or double clutch it into first to roll through an intersection. It's also going to be insanely slow, slower than you can imagine unless you may have driven a semi or a vw bus on a really long trip. This slowness enrages normal drivers, greatly. They will hate, pass you on double yellows while blowing the horn and giving the finger, all that cool stuff to add to the driving experience. Yea I don't drive my poo poo spreader much because most of the time it kinda blows. You got some huge brass ones to do that Dave and also happy birthday! If I had the ching I'd buy the Jimmy and follow you to Florida and then home. Guess it wouldn't hurt to have another truck project around but alas I spent all my fun money on my stupid subie this summer.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Hypnolobster posted:

Yeah, gear isn't going to be the limiting factor for speed. Steering and stiff springs are going to be pretty suddenly "OH HOLY gently caress I HIT A BUMP AND CHANGED 4 LANES"
Heavy old stuff is fairly exciting to drive.

Yea that's no joke, my truck has like 42 leafs in the back and no shocks and it's 5 years newer than this one. All the suspension is in the seat, seriously the seat has like 15 inches of articulation.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Napa rules for old car stuff. I don't even bother with the other places for that poo poo.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Napa, dude. They had like 75% of the stuff for the 61 c10 on the shelf when I went to get it running a couple weeks ago. Unless you had been there and they still don't have 80s 5.0 parts and if so wtf?

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

RIP towel

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It's the Final Countdown! Doo doo doo dooooo!

Sorry about it being stuck in all you're heads now

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

I'm the Pantera in the background

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

The transmission will be fine, that wheezer of a 350 isn't going to stress it much more than the 6 that was in there.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

I cant do much this time of year but Ill throw in a little for a hotel too. Its sooooo close!

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Between the headers and the pedal bracket I'm thinking we need to start our own show that's a cross between Mythbusters and 16 And Pregnant.

Empty quoting this

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

You already have a name and a concept, you know:

This is the best thing, hahaha, awesome!

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

80s Mopars are hit or miss, if it was running any time recently it's probably one of the good ones that will run forever. The 2.2 is a tank, it's got oil squirters for the pistons and everything. If it stops running suddenly or won't start just beat on the gas tank a little and the fuel pump will start working again. Sucks that the timing belt is possibly old but it's a non interference emgine so if it does break it's inconvenient but not catastrophic.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Yea I'd rather sit on a rotating pineapple than ever take greyhound again.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Happy New year my friend

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

everdave posted:

Somebody message or text me with how the Walmart thing works I'm glad to throw in

Same

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Tremek is the man, he picked Ken and I up from the airport to meet the Justy guy in that wagon and holy Jesus is it fast.

A camper is an awesome idea, is there a hitch or anything on the truck so he could bring it to (what's left of) Florida?

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

In think she's safe with a friend or something.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

I'll chip in again next time I get some checks in which happens randomly over the month, this story is so worth it.

Tremek is truly, The Man.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

DICK DICER posted:

I dont think im ever going to get used to how panther piss leaves clean metal behind

Is that really what it's called or what are you referencing?

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Dave do you have any tools? Would something like one of those babbys basic cheapie mechanic tools sets be of any use right now?

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Beach Bum posted:

PM me an address, I'm going to be sending my old Pittsburgh ratcheting wrenches at the very least, and I'll be going through my box to see if I can part with anything else, probably a few screwdrivers and pliers.

Yea this, I can part with stuff, in general what would be useful?

I got sockets, combos, need any electrical stuff like butt connectors? electrical tape?

shy boy from chess club fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Sep 10, 2017

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

everdave posted:

Let's just work through the problem, explore the cause of the fault and if you need a part or something let us know.

Let's work the problem people, let's not make it worse by guessing.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Whenever Pat Benetar comes on the radio it's hit me with your cum shot, right in the faaaace.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Tools are coming big guy. Shiny and chrome ones.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

DICK DICER posted:

In other news i set up the camp toilet so I can drop deuces while watching the sun set over the cactus truck field

This right here is what dreams are made of

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Darchangel posted:

Unfortunately, those don't work very well on stuff taller than the roller blade.
What you need, obviously, is a sling blade.

Some people call them a Kaiser blade

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

DICK DICER posted:

To be fair, I haven't loving thought about Wumpscut in YEARS

I still listen to them pretty regularly and now realize how pretty silly most of it is besides the stuff on blutkind, that collection owns. They just remind me of my younger simpler days. And the acid, so much acid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Memento posted:

Speaking of Igor(r) I saw Igor and Max Cavalera last weekend playing the album Roots in its entirety. It was loving great, that album spent a very long time in my car stereo back in the day.

Oh my god I forgot about roots, man yea that got some serious playtime back when I had my 83 Z28. That and the Deftones album with the ear wax bulb on the cover and Sevendust. And coal chamber. Cripes I was a dork.

• Locked thread