Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Larrymer posted:

This is crazy and I can't see it ending well, but godspeed. Why the hell didn't you just get it shipped to Florida? Just for the experience?

Die Rose ist ohne warum; sie blühet weil sie blühet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

The Locator posted:

Never would have occurred to me to send a couple of shotgun shells.

Never seen The Flight of the Phoenix? If he gets lucky he might need them to start the next engine.

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

DICK DICER posted:

Lol if you think theres anything left to bring thats not already currently strapped to my back or in my pockets

Rosie's not a pocket cat. :ohdear: Is she OK?

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

I can probably provide some supplies for the road when you're getting ready to go (and some small/useful gadgetry).

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

HandlingByJebus posted:

Facebook indicates that Dave's not seen my messages and that he was last online at 11PM. I think his phone may be dead.

If he's not on the bus yet, I have a small USB battery-recharging pack I can give to help head off this situation in the future. It's not huge, but it'll basically 1-up a phone, sometimes with a little in reserve, to get him to the next charging opportunity.

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited
I'm not sure if the North Platte office supports this (I think it does, should call Tuesday to check), but most USPS locations support the "hold for pickup" or "general delivery" option. It's only three miles from the Greyhound station and he can pick things up from there with just an ID. Burying the post office there in boxes is no good (he still has to get to Valentine), but we could probably at least get some basic essentials waiting there for him.

Cassius Belli fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Sep 4, 2017

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

DICK DICER posted:

Decloaking long enough to say dont worry more socks and chargers are on the way as we speak, first package arrived today.

I've got some on the way to you, along with some other food and supplies. UPS says to expect delivery Monday.

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

UPS says at least one package got to you today!

e: let's debiggen that.

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

everdave posted:

I think if anyone could post WHAT they have sent if anything and WHEN so we could get an idea of what is already on the way, that would be helpful.

I sent some food, clean laundry, a spare cooking pot, and a USB keychain battery. I think much of the food is going to be questionably useful until he gets a stove, as I thought it would get there before my things. I can put together another small box of stuff soon if it's wanted or needed.

Did everything get there OK? UPS says it was delivered yesterday.

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Some of this looks familiar! I'll send you another box of supplies soon.
Do you have a knife for food prep?

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

DICK DICER posted:

I lost my Kershaw while riding :(

E:wait my Gerber multitool has a blade

OK, I'll be sure to include some stuff to help out with you there, too.

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

DICK DICER posted:

I have a confession I read the curry instructions sent to me and said man that sounds good but also like a lot of work so I've just been nibbling on the curry bullion blocks as a snack

It's really simple if you get right down to basics! Cut up some onions and meat and brown them in a pan, then add your carrots and potatoes with water to cover, than a few blocks of curry roux (3-4 should be enough for a one-person serving), and simmer/stir until it thickens up. If you're feeling lazy you can even just cut stuff up and simmer it all together, 30 or so minutes of bubbling and it all cooks through. The grocery store in Valentine should be willing to sell you a reasonably single-serving size piece of chicken or something if you're interested in that.

Or you can add a cube to something else you're cooking and it makes a nice flavoring sauce.

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

DICK DICER posted:

I'm about 99% sure one actually did arrive addressed to Truck in A Field

I marked mine "ATTN: Truck In Field" just in case the UPS guy tried to deliver it to the actual house, so that's probably the one you remember.

Also, you'll have a couple kitchen knives and vaguely cook-for-yourself sorts of things coming along soon. I meant to send them earlier but didn't get to fill the box before a personal trip sidelined it.

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

19 o'clock posted:

What's our time frame and plan for the truck? Does this mean that it'll be on the road in the next week?

I've got supplies and some kit to send out on Monday, but maybe not if they won't make it on time?

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

DICK DICER posted:

Yeah he told me to just stay the hell out of his way and also no more packages I know of potentially 3 already coming, 1 from California and 1 from rock auto and possibly tobacco? Are there any potential others I need to try to intercept if they have "innapropriate things" on them?

I was planning on having one out to you, but I can send it General Delivery to the post office if you'd like, or just wait until you have something more permanent. There's nothing inappropriate in or on it anywhere, just some supplies and equipment to help get you situated.

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited
Last-minute check, since the situation kept evolving for a while there: Dave, should I send this box of supplies I put together, and if I do, should I send it to the field or to the Valentine Post Office for general delivery (you pick it up there)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

DICK DICER posted:

If itll be here before Friday, sure. Or send it with just normal no fun everything on the outside to the house address because my foot is loving killing me

DICK DICER posted:

Or this SEND ALL BOXES OF POOP TO LARRY TO COLLECT

. . . I'll just keep this set aside and send it to you in Florida for new-life-starter-kitting.

• Locked thread