Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I should have done this ages ago, but is there an open goon guild?

Also, Thrawn is coming up again, and I have him at 4*, but while I could get to the boss stage, I would always die as soon as the round started as the Death Troopers and Thrawn always went first, and did so much damage nothing on my team survived. I had good luck with Phoenix Squadron with Hera, Zeb, Ezra, Kanaan and Chopper so far, but my poo poo still gets wrecked.

Looking back at the talk about older stuff not being rebalanced, I cannot believe the the difficulty level jump between the 3rd last and 2nd last heist and training droid events. I can walk though 3rd tier, but 2nd last I'm lucky if fett is alone in the red when I'm done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

MichiganCubbie posted:

Hey, get onto our Discord! The link is in our Google Doc

Follow that to find the url. We should be able to get you into Qui Goon Jin.

Done! Do I just apply though game or wait for an invite?

I should probably put my info in the spreadsheet too? Or is that done by someone else?

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Nov 22, 2017

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I don't know why GW got super easy for everyone else, but only a tiny amount of the time am I able to get to the last node. Most of the time I get about 60% of the way through, and end up facing a team that just wrecks my poo poo. I think because it adjusted for level not power level, and I have really underleveled characters for being at 85.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Chilichimp posted:

It's balanced to be challenging for a fresh level 85.

It's only going to get easier. Meantime, a strong zFinn squad, zVeers troopers, zJyn R1 squad will do work for you in there.

Yea, been working on them for ages. It's a long, slow slog to get anyone who can only be gotten from random drops in the LS/DS battles. I'm not even a fresh 85, I've been 85 for a few months now actually.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I want to follow instructions, but when I see the raid at 1.5 bars left, I will do my battles in it. I've missed too many times

I purged my friends list of almost everyone as most of them had not logged in for weeks if months or even years, so I need more, active allies.
958-318-655

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Defiance Industries posted:

Normally I don't ally with anyone using a Hera lead but you're in Goonlance so I'll make an exception

She's just my strongest character. Honestly!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea. At least FO is slow, but you know how long its going to take you. I've had days in a row i don't get a single shard for FO ST.

If choosing Wampa over Hermit Yoda is wrong, I don't want to be right.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Who are the best Heist characters? I have Boba Fett, Cade Bane, Zam Wessel, Lando and Stormtrooper Han at effective levels. I have a feeling 2 of those should be replaced ASAP. I am working on Hoth Han and IG-88 right now.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

fishtobaskets posted:

The bar is fairly low for what you need to finish it. In terms of composition, consider the following:
1. What's accessible (what you've been doing)
2. Hoth Han is a good choice because he's required in LS TB
3. Anybody with a bounty hunter tag is a good choice because there are loving THREE bounty hunter nodes in DS tb. Boba is the archetypal leader for that group
4. The vet bros (along w 7* finn/poe/bb8) are required for JT Rey, who is a top toon. BB-8 also required five 7* FO, so this is a more longterm consideration.

At this point it might not be the worst idea to focus on bounty hunters. They are a relatively recent requirment and 99% of us older players don't have them geared, but as a newer player you benefit from knowing the newer reqs.

Yea I got who is easiest, but I'm sure Hans are more effective. If I could get Vetern Han and Chewie from non-crystal methods, I'd just want a team of Hans.

God I hate the Death Troopers that are with Thrawn. They literally just keep shooting until they kill the target. I cannot do enough damage to kill them before the ST Officer heals them.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea my cantina farming moved from Hoth Han to UKR because its to efficient. I'm kinda sad we're not getting the Raddus with Holdo, but maybe in the future?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I got wrecked in GW by a Nightsister team on the first node that was 25k less power than the team I was running. It was really annoying, Daka would just not die.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

im cute posted:

I'm only at 80/150 GW clears and they let me sim the last 7 nodes anyway?? Wonder if they only do that when you can reset or if you're far enough along or what.

That must have been what happened with me. I was able to sim it on thursday when I was about 3/4 of the way through, though yesterday it wouldn't let me. Since I started being able to complete the finale credit heist node and got all the worthwhile characters from GW to 7* I've not really been doing more than a few a day.

Man, its too bad it would cost as much as a switch to get Sion to a useful level, he is really good. It looked like he resisted death at one point. Wait, that's actually perfect. Reven when though?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
i have 1600 clear tickets now, that I can never spend.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I hate how they added the Sim to GW but you have to of finished it 150 times. I've not completed it once since they changed how it calculates the teams you face. I always face some full gold teams in the last 4 nodes.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Like no A-wing, B-wing, Y-wing, Tie Bomber, or Tie Interceptor from IV-VI. Also Anakin and Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighters, and the V-wing from the prequels. That's not including the Tie Defender or the YT-2400 from rebels.

Capital ships like Invisible Hand for Grevious or Dooku, Raddus for Holdo (though I'm sure that is coming). Hux seems like a good candidate for a capital ship too.

Next time i come across a really OP GW team, I should screen cap it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I still find it weird that they're lock their main characters behind such insanely difficult gates.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
JarJar will be required to unlock any further content.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

thrawn527 posted:

You shouldn't. They want to make the most wanted characters require the most time or money so you want to spend money on getting them.

Who would panic farm for Gammorean Guard? Unless they overpowered him, at which point you'd be left wondering why the main characters suck so bad compared to the obscure characters.

Eh, I'd think make JTR easy to get, but make UMKR hard. But I guess you're right people will shell out more for the major characters.

I'm just salty I haven't been able to progress in any of the missions in about a year. Even with all the work I've done I'm still in the same place, even borrowing peoples gold GK and CLS or Thrawn. loving Old Daka, somehow even focusing on her she still managed to wreck my team.

The only real progression I've gotten is being able to complete the training droid heist at 3 star, and credit heist at 2star at their highest level.

By far the biggest pain in the rear end is getting GL high enough to matter. I can normally get 7 and 8 for most, but anything past that its need 3 different 20 things, and you'll get one in ever 40 tries.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

im cute posted:

Without ads, they only way this game makes money is to eventually bilk you for progression bux.

That's true.

And despite all my whining about not being able to progress at all in this game, I did finally manage to 3* the find credit heist. All it took was swapping Cade Bane with IG-88.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Its really fustraiting how i'm stuck at the same node for the last 3 Thrawn events. Even though I can clear the lower stages with no problem, as soon as I get to Thrawn, the Death Troopers take out most of the team. If i'm lucky Zeb, Kanaan or Ezra are still alive, but they then get one attack in and then die.

I have never figured out why the enemies in this game get so many attacks.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Chilichimp posted:

I auto stage 1/2, use nothing but basics on stage 3

start P4 by doing the following:

dispell Stormtrooper taunt
stagger deathtrooper 1
stagger/dispell deathtrooper 2
taunt with kanaan
put back-up plan on kanaan.

These should be done in no particular order, but everyone should be alive by the time you're done or you gonna fail, prolly.

Once this is done, kill the deathtroopers, kill the other troopers, then kill Thrawn.

How do I do those things? Who is the best team makeup for the battle?

All of Phoenix is 7* and at least GL7 or 8. Anything beyond that is not happening because they all at that point need gear that needs 20+ in multiple slots, and gently caress that.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I tired out what was suggested, still got wrecked by the Death Troopers. They always go before I do. I think I need to either just forget about getting thrawn higher than 4* or just devout all my literal energy into improving Phoenix.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So does everyone just use Sith teams in PVP or what? But then I've given up on that mode outside of the daily requirements because no matter what I just get wrecked.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I couldn't find it in the patch notes, but why do certain characters have zeta mats next to them?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

thrawn527 posted:

It shows how what characters have zetas attached to them. In arena, if I see a Vader, I can tell if he's a Zader without having to click on him.

Aah. Dang, I must have put a Zeta on Hera by accident at some point.

Also wtf having a full NS team at node 6 in GW? GW has been utter garbage since they updated it, I've not completed a single one in months.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

thrawn527 posted:

What level are you at? Like, have you reached 85? Because the lead up to 85, GW is a pain, but after that, as you continue to get better, GW becomes a cake walk. Since they updated it, I can literally auto the entire thing. Which I still have to do, because before the updated it, I was never able to finish it, so I'm still sitting on 108/150 full clears before I can start simming it.

Yea I'm been 85 for a while, but this is where I'm standing
https://swgoh.gg/u/twistedmentat/collection/

GW always throws some insane unbeatable team at me somewhere between the halfway and end point. You know the teams that obliterate most of your characters before you even get a turn in, or have some BS mechanic like Rez (why does OD and MT both have rezs??).

It used to be the main way I could get money, but not any more as I completed all the credit heist missions at 3*. Not to mention I maxed out all the characters you get from GW.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

With GW as it is now its hardest right when you hit 85. They lowered the difficulty early on by a bit and then capped how strong the enemy teams can get at 85, so the longer you're at 85 the easier it should be. Sometimes you just run into the perfect counter to your specific team, but once you have 2 or 3 decent ones it gets way easier. One trick is to use all your decent teams once at the early levels, that way if you run into trouble they already have some turn meter built up without having taken much dmg (just be sure not to use up all their cooldowns on the early run).

That said looking at your characters you should zeta EP asap, put him in lead, and put Grand moff in instead of hera, and probably darth sideous instead of Darth maul. Then get as much speed on DV as you can via mods

Yea I've been working on EP between working on the CLS required characters. My biggest issue is when someone needs 20 buttplugs in 3 different gear slots, I just say gently caress it and ignore that character. I probably spend around 2k crystals trying to get 5 of them to get Rey up to gear 10 over a few days.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So since friday, a NS team has been in the first half of GW, and they are still immense amounts of Bullshit. The rez's they have need to be nerfed, you kill OD or MT and the other instantly rez's the other.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I don't like the new ships, the computer always seems to have 5 ships out really fast. And if you lose one early, you're really behind.

Chilichimp posted:

always kill OD first anyway, it's your best chance to win, because she will absolutely rez MT. A NS has to get a kill with a special attack in order to rez daka.

Ah I didn't know that. I'll focus on OD. It always seemed like they were rezing each other constantly.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It feels like I'm getting zeta's more often recently. I had 11 for ages and then I'm up to 17 all of a sudden.

Once I get 20 its going to Palpatine.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Oh yea that reminds me, with the new resistance/FO characters added, who are recommended for the stuff to get JTRey?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

CaptainPsyko posted:

Rey’s requirements are specific, not faction. It’s the Vets, BB8, Finn and Scav.

As for unlocking BB8, I’m sure Kylo unmasked and executioner make it easier I guess.

Yea, I've only got bb8 to 4 or 5 stars so I'll keep farming the excutioner. And I better get working on the Vets then. Though I think we have a few months before those events come back.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

CaptainPsyko posted:

BB8 is back in 2 weeks.

Rey, it’s not announced but a lot of people are suspecting late this month.

That's not surprising, they're normally connected.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I haven't even unlocked the Vet Han and Chewie nodes.

Been stuck at Cantina 8-C for months. Even B is only 2* because I always loose someone right at the even. Even if they're full health, one of the bosses just straight up kills one member of my team right before they get taken down.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Should I Zeta palps Leader or Unique skills?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Crumbletron posted:

Definitely his leader ability.

cool, because that's the one I can do right now.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Just Zetaing Palpatine helped me complete the hard DS missions, though I've not gotten 3* on everything. Though that means I need to beef up my Light Side Team. Maybe Hobo Rey and Lando?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I really should have spent my crystals I had saved up on Nest cards, I had like 4k and I blew them on the generic cards. Yet I KNOW i should use them for energy and resets, but I never find that the ROI on that makes it worth it.

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

If you have a good wiggs team, see if you can use an ally's CLS, the leadership combo is real nice for clearing the light side missions
Biggs is probably the most consistently important fleet arena character so getting him strong is doubly good

if Im looking at the right swgoh, get your baze and chirrut up, I cleared out the light side missions with I think a 5* baze(but decent gear/mods). Wedge/CLS duo leadership, biggs, and chirrut/baze finishes the hardest missions on auto

this is me https://swgoh.gg/u/twistedmentat/
I should have been leveling up Wiggs, I cannot believe i completely forgot about them. My Baze is only 4* but I have a 7* Chirrut.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

oops wrong forum posted:

I'd say you did the right thing by not buying the Nest packs unless you are going to drop $200 to 7* her, but if you blew them on generics then you failed even harder. ROI for energy is exponentially better than gambling on the regular packs. Also people please, in these cases where you REALLY want a new toon, just drop the $10 to get the guaranteed 30 shards, you're always going to blow way more crystals getting that star than 10 bucks-worth (10 bucks = 1340 crystals = 1 pack of most likely 5 shards, MAYBE 7, the higher quantities are basically a myth). I totally get F2P but at some point you're just being dumb

I just bought Faction Packs, I haven't bought the generic in ages because while at first when I had barely any characters at all or them at low star levels, I kept getting good stuff (I had a 6* Nihilis for ages though this), but as soon as I hit a pack where everything was garbage I stopped.
My problem with using the crystals to recharge nodes is many times i've gotten hosed by RNG and spend 1000 crystals on a node and come away with 4 shards.

And yea, ships are a real gamble right now. Often one of my ships gets nuked right off the bat, then the AI will bring in another ship so I'll be down one ship. Either they need to delay reinforcements until the 3rd turn or go back to how it was originally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I am upset shirtless Kylo Ren isn't a character.

Like Marvel Heroes, GoH won't have movie based content for a long time, as Episode 9 isn't out until what, next Xmas? There will be content from Resistance no doubt but I guess we'll be getting some more alts and filling in background characters. Though more Old Republic Characters would be welcome. We got a lot so why not Bastila, Carth, Malak, Canderious, or hell, Revan seems like a no brainer.

Even if BF2 wasn't a big hit, Iden is still someone I'd like to see in game.