Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Yeah ticket prices are crap up here too. Like $8 for a matinee, 15 for regular, imax 20 imax 3d 25

Sometimes I wonder of movie sales are really even comparable at all to stuff that came out before like 2000 just cuz of astronomical price inflation and price tiers like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Endless Mike posted:

Pretty sure that lasted exactly as long as BvS didn't meet expectations.

Which is kinda funny when you think that the extended cut Snyder wanted got better reviews than the company edited theatrical cut

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
That's the one where Harley and deadshot take a TO to gently caress right

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I wouldn't say Snyder is the best choice for helming all this but I would also be pretty hesitant to claim he doesn't love the source material. He does really seem to love comics.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
At least B&R is funny at times

Thsts more than i could hope for with DC it seems

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I just figured red tornado was some Justin hammer crap, is it a big deal in the comics?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I'm waiting for an interview with multiple cast members where Will Smith has an affleck moment

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Wolf Creek and Bug are loving dope but they're also both movies that I can very much see pissing off half of their audience.

I'm surprised Martyrs isn't on that list for the same reason

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I kinda wonder what the premise for Godzilla v Kong is gonna be. Like, they've established Godzilla as the good guy balancing force against monsters so is kong gonna like swim from skull island to nyc to take revenge on the evil Americans and then gman has to come whoop the poo poo outta him or what

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Eventually i expect lobo to appear in the dctvu since he's already been mentioned as existing in Supergirl

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

AngryBooch posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3574760

Are you not aware that Hell's Kitchen is also a real neighborhood in New York? And that ninjas and yakuza are not in fact invading hospitals in that neighborhood?

Hell's kitchen is now known as Clinton and is gentrified af and not a hellhole tho right?

E: well that kind of hellhole anyways

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Aphrodite posted:

Civil War had like 8 villains.

(Team Cap.)

My worldview has been completely flipped upside down

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

SonicRulez posted:

I still don't understand the thought process behind a Venom movie without a movie where the symbiote is on Spider-Man. What would a stand alone Venom even be, Lethal Protector?

Clearly it would be Venom Space Knight featuring a talking panda as sidekick

It will be a G movie where they go help a planet of other talking animals

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Little Mac posted:

Hey, uhhh... uh... so who hasn't been in a Marvel Studios film that they desperately need to use (outside of the Fox properties)? I'd wager Namor is a big one since they supposedly have his rights. Maybe Squirrel Girl to strike while the iron is hot.

Kang?

In before ms marvel

I would like to see marvel do a hyperion movie that gets better reviews than Superman because that would make me laugh

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Ignite Memories posted:

I think she hulk would be a good secondary character for the TV shows, because that's where the rest of their legal heroes are.

And hellcat is already there

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Kate bishop hawkeye is a good idea

The ultimates would be cool but just lol at that ever happening :(

Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur might be a cool kids movie set in the mcu

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
The incredibles are teleported to the MCU and serve as ff replacements featuring totally not Dr doom totally not kang and totally not Galactus

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Tbh it might be better served as a Netflix show but a serious moon knight could be good

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Oh tbh I didn't even think about the mk/ batman thing I was just thinking about current books I like

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

The only downside to casting Jeff Goldblum in Thor 3 is that he can't play MODOK now.

If modok showed up as anything other than a ridiculous giant flying fat head I'd be extremely disappointed

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Sounds good in theory but also sounds like a very busy 5 hour movie

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Are you guys telling me the destruction of capitalism is bad

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
TMNT 2 actually owns

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

WickedHate posted:

If you're handed two VHSs, one that says "this one based on the comics" and the other "this one based on the cartoon", and choose which to watch based on that, then you'll be satisfied.

Satisfaction is a physical impossibility in the mere presence of the third movie.

I choose...both

There is no third movie and you can't convince me otherwise

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
She hasn't seen Thor in like 3 years can't blame her for moving on

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I could almost fake myself into thinking there might be a possibility for Jane Thor if infinity war was still two movies cuz then you could have odinson die at the end of part 1 and have her pick up the hammer as a stinger or something, but I'm not really sure how they would work it out as it is now.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I could not care less about what mj looks like

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Why does she have to have red hair

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

DrProsek posted:

Cause that's her big defining trait beyond "Peter's girlfriend" I guess?

I don't read much Spider-Man, I legit have no idea how big or well developed she is or is not. But as a non-Spider-Man person that's basically all I know about her.

If this is true perhaps it's better for the movie to not be beholden to lovely comic writers who think a woman's hair color is her defining trait

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I hope she doesn't call Peter tiger either just to make more people mad

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
If Mary Jane sells weed to peter im gonna buy tickets for everyone i know

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Retro Futurist posted:

I don't care about the hair as long as she enacts this iconic pose

I agree my spiderman movie needs boobs

Naked

Boobs

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Lobok posted:

Well, one of them I suppose.

Due to sliding timelines they are still all in their early 30s

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Plastik posted:

While I understand that SG works better as a TV show, what with her recurring characters and the broad swath of the Multiverse she interacts with, I'd rather she be on the film side.

Yeah, what really makes me sad is that this kills hopes for avengers 5: squirrel girl beats up the marvel universe

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Dick Tracy is actually a lot better than you might expect. The makeup they had for the henchman was really good even if it looks ridiculous and Al Pacino was great as the bad guy.

I think Warren Beatty got the movie made to hit on Madonna though.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Tatum is way too charming and friendly to be in a DC movie

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I'm guessing there's a slight chance Mar-Vell shows up in Carol's movie but just lol at the demand that I keep an expectation for a mar-vell standalone movie

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Rhyno posted:

Feige already said she will have an all new origin. Also AoS already ruined the Kree so they probably want to distance themselves from that now.

I kinda had a hunch something like that would happen when Ronin showed up in GotG

Ah well, tbh where she got her powers isn't something I care enough about to get hung up on

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
It's been like a decade since I've watched it but i thought mj figures out who he is in 1 because they kiss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Four Score posted:

look I can't take any villain seriously when, every time they're on screen, Kurtwood Smith's voice is in my head calling him a dumbass

Yeah seriously, that guy will never not be Eric Foreman

• Locked thread