Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Red Oktober posted:

Paranoia has finally shipped! Backed in Nov/2014 so they've certainly had time to perfect it. Quality of the materials is high, looking forward to playing it in the coming weeks.

Top and side of the box have a lovely almost invisible logo as well.

https://i.imgur.com/Uu4T5Nw.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/JuRmzvB.jpg

I'll believe it when I see it at my house!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Ratoslov posted:

I read it some. I'm not really digging the setting, but the mecha rules are (at a first glance) solid enough. That's what I wanted from it, so I'm happy.

Yup, I mainly wanted some cool mecha rules and I got them!

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
I kick-started the new paranoia. Yeah. The bad one.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Jedit posted:

Tiny Epic Zombies is shipping two months early.

Just got the pledge manager for Crusader Kings as well, good times. Late orders are available through the pledge manager if anyone wants the link.

I'm just trying to get my email, still nothing from them.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Jedit posted:

From who, Gamelyn or the CK people?

The ck people. They still haven't answered my support email either!

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Just got my final email for Crusader Kings. I'm looking forward to annoying my friends by trying to play an 8 hour board game!!!

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Crusader Kings is shipping tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to sentencing my friends to death

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
It's here! And the first page I open to

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Hey guys, Flickfleet just put up their Kickstarter for the expansion. I actually own a copy of this game, from back when I was looking for dexterity based games, and I'd like to shamelessly hawk it for a moment.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/eurydice-games/flickfleet-the-second-wave-reprint-and-scenarios-expansion

It's a quick playing dexterity based board game where you actually push your ships and fighters around the map, by flicking specific spots on the ship, and shoot by doing the same with dice! It actually works surprisingly well after a couple games of it, and the main weakness is a lack of ship variants and scenarios (Which this expansion is planning to fix) It sort of plays like a quicker X-wing, even down to the "Imperial" and "Rebel" factions.

I'm unaffiliated with the guys doing it, I just want to see more content!

Jarvisi fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Oct 12, 2019

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Impermanent posted:

genuinely don't see how or why you would expect to sell a digital version of a game with less content than the current game with expansions that is slated to release after a huge expansion for said game comes out. And then you dont' have online multiplayer? What is the whole point of the digital edition then.

I tried their other game, Aeons End online and it works perfectly with Valve's new remote play together thing. I don't see how they'll ever need to program in multiplayer for their games again, since valve fixed that problem.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/venturebeat.com/2019/10/21/steam-officially-launches-remote-play-together-beta-for-everyone/amp/

Jarvisi fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Nov 8, 2019

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Jeb Bush 2012 posted:

$20 is fine for a digital product in general, the problem is that a boardgame adaptation that you can't play on mobile and you can't play multiplayer is not a very appealing digital product

Steam literally let's you play local multiplayer games online now. It works perfectly with turn based games and only one person needs the game

Aeons end works great for example.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Bistromatic posted:

I always understood that to be basically streaming plus remote control, how does it handle hidden information? (I have no idea if Spirit Island uses hidden information)

It's just streaming the same screen, so it would be bad for that. Both Aeons end and spirit island are fully cooperative games so there's no hidden information as far as I know.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
I'm excited to get March of the ants. Any tips on when to add in the expansions?

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Zurui posted:

In other news, Tiny Epic Pirates has blown through all of its stretch goals in the first few days. With twenty days to go it's raised more than any of the other Tiny Epic games save one (Tiny Epic Tactics) and unless funding dries up it's definitely going to bust through that record without even breaking a sweat. Might even brush up against the seven-figure mark.

I enjoyed tiny epic galaxies. How are the rest of the games they make?

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
I'm utterly confused by the kemet Kickstarter going all in on the Cthulhu stuff. I just wanted to get a cool 2.0 of kemet, as someone who doesn't own 1.0

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Looks like flying circus is finally shipping!

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Oh, there's the kemet one. I just went with the base game and I'll figure out the rest laterm though that playmat is very tempting

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

CODChimera posted:

Are those gaming tables really worth it? it feels like you if you're spending that much on a table then you probably have a gaming room for a dedicated table so you don't need to eat dinner on it?

The magnet attachments would be useful though

As someone who isn't a millionaire there is no way you can afford a place big enough for a gaming room in my area

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
This is apparently going up next week, from the makers of Mint Works. Looks pretty promising!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJQT540WypI&t=104s

Though I'm biased towards small games.

Jarvisi fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Oct 9, 2020

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

CODChimera posted:

can we talk about ISS Vanguard here as well even though it's on GameFound? https://gamefound.com/projects/awaken-realms/iss-vanguard#/

looks good so far. it's quite a lot more for the miniatures pack and if you're not super into them then it might be a good idea to save some money and skip them as they probably won't have a ton of use

I really love the idea of just selling the minis seperately to offer a price point for nerds who just want to play the drat game as well as miniature whores

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Just got tiny epic pirates. Got to admit, I didn't expect the game to literally not fit into the box without an inch of lift.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

djfooboo posted:

Yeah, it’s not brilliant. I’m wondering if I remove baggies if it will work.

It's really weird since the one thing I want from a tiny epic game is an easy packaway

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
As someone who has never played sentinels. It looks a lot like marvel champions? What are the main differences? I'm not sure I need yet another cooperative superhero card game

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Evil Mastermind posted:

This shop on Etsy does phenomenal inserts for Tiny Epic games. He made an all-in-one-box one for Pirates, but it sold out so fast he had to remove the listing so he could get caught up. I highly recommend his work; I'd keep an eye on the shop for when the Pirates insert becomes available again.

Yikes. I'll need to keep an eye out. This box is ridiculously small for all the poo poo they put in.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

I've never heard of this series. Is it solo only? Or can you play it in groups

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Looks like kemet just shipped! Looking forward to finally trying this game out and getting another war game I never get to play

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
I'm tempted by voidfall because the idea of coop play is interesting...but I also still need eclipse 2e

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
[quote="Infinitum" post="519234189"]
:siren: Eastern Empires Pledge Manager is live. You can get Western Empires for €60.00 (50% off) with FREE international shipping! :siren:

I don't think you'll see a better deal on this

----------------------

I would love to get this if there was the slightest chance I could ever get anyone to play with me

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Infinitum posted:

Speaking of poo poo

Rock Paper Scissors Deluxe failed to fund
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thedragonstomb/rock-paper-scissors-deluxe-edition/description

Oh no

What a shame

drat. I'm sad they didn't make it. Dragon's tomb is a top tier shitposter

Jarvisi fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Nov 15, 2021

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
I just literally can't imagine sorting through 50 CMOT boxes to assemble the game to play.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

ilmucche posted:

50 Cut Me Own Throat boxes??

I just really like sausages inna bun

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Infinitum posted:

15hr warning on Bags and Playmats KS

Our group pledge is up to $589
- 5 mats each with their own protector bag (1 large, 2 medium, 2 small)
- 4 premium bags
- 4 lightweight bags

And only $14 total to ship it all out to to Australia.
Made out like a bandit :v:

------------

Man. I'd love to get a playmat, but I have a circular table and none of them would fit at all.
-----------------------------------------------

]

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Lawlicaust posted:

Orange Nebula just launched a second campaign for Unsettled for people who missed the first one and with 3 new planets and some other expansion items for people who already have the first game:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/orangenebula/unsettled-board-game-all-new-content

Unsettled is a fun cooperative exploration/adventure game. The Kickstarter does a better job explaining it than I could. Orange Nebula always makes high quality components and includes great organizers with their games.

These funding levels are very confusing. You only get two planets unless you go all in? Jeez

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Leder games is making a space opera now? I hope it's not just another Outer Rim/Xia. Just got an email that they're about to start their Kickstarter campaign soon.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Magnetic North posted:

On the BGG page, Cole has done some developer diaries. I haven't read them yet since I'm not going to back but hopefully they can allay your apprehensions. From what little I know, it does not sound like a generic space game.

e:fb

I'll have to check it out! Oath was great but also none of my friends can stand playing it. Not their style of game

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Looks like I finally got taken by a Kickstarter. The dungeon master's deck kickstarter is not responding to any emails or Kickstarter messages, so that's some money down the drain.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Ego Trip posted:

They updated 2 days ago. They're doing refunds for international customers.

That's cool but I'm also domestic

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

HidaO-Win posted:

Played the first two sessions of ISS Vanguard this weekend, initial impressions are positive, going to do another few sessions next weekend and collate thoughts.

Awesome! I'm hopeful mine gets shipped soon

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Vanguard looks fun. I realized too late that I'm not getting it until 2023 because I picked the wrong shipping. Oops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Paranoia RPG - The Perfect Edition, via @Kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1990654819/paranoia-rpg-the-perfect-edition?ref=android_project_share

Looks like a new paranoia edition! Not sure if I'll like it but I just want to send money to the devs for making a product I enjoy.