Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Jedit posted:

Lucky you. I just got Tokaido Collector's Edition yesterday, 18 months late. I paid for it in March 2014.

I still haven't gotten mine. Not my oldest undelivered kickstarter, but the oldest TG one for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kai Tave posted:

Holy poo poo, what a prick.

Seriously, wow.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tekopo posted:

This might be interesting but I don't like the design they've chosen and especially the colour palette.

EDIT: I mean, I understand what they are going for but the predominantly teal/fuchsia colouring is not for me.

Yeah, I can't get past how ugly it is even though I understand why.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

jivjov posted:

I got Mint Delivery yesterday...but not Mint Works. Guess they're in separate parcels?

Mine were in one package together.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Not always the most popular here, but fyi that the latest Numenera Kickstarter is in its final hours.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/montecookgames/numenera-liminal-shores/description

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I already have a nice gaming table from boardgametables, but if I didn't I would totally be in on this.

My table is great, no regrets, and these seem to compare very favorably in both price and quality with some neat added features that mine doesn't have.

King Burgundy fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Aug 12, 2020

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Desfore posted:

The matte finish isn't even the worst part to me, it looks like they reduced the level of detail in the prints (Particularly the sides of the green train). I know that tends to happen with these miniature kickstarters, but... when you're just selling people dozens of copies of the same 5 models, I would've figured they'd do their best to deliver what their prototype's looked like. Even if you wanted to give these things a gloss varnish yourself, I think that would just highlight how gummy these look now.

Yeah, cancelled mine too. They just don't look very good.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Going into the last day for https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/montecookgames/the-devil-made-us-do-it

It is three games now. Stealing Stories for the Devil, Who The Devil Are You? and The Devil's Dandy Dogs. There is a digital only tier for the three games for those that were sad about the lack of that previously.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

GrandpaPants posted:

I think you should give some examples so people get an idea of what the expected output is. Like you say, "Hey do you need a villain?" but don't give an example of what that villain looks like in the end. It can also demonstrate the modularity of it all, by adding on various cards/whatever and seeing what results.

To expand on this, here is an example of something adjacent to what you are doing that provided those examples, in case you haven't seen it before:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rockpapercynic/the-story-engine-deck-of-worlds

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

In case anyone is interested in some new Planar shenanigans for 5E or Cypher, little over a day left on this:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/montecookgames/planebreakerexplore-the-planes-for-5e

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

djfooboo posted:

I would be more interested in Mind Management if I didn’t already have Beast pending. Seems unique.

Yeah, I have beast pending and already own Fury of Dracula. I probably don't need 3 hidden movement games.

Although it sounds like it would get to the table way more often then FoD, so maybe the answer is getting rid of that.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

StarkRavingMad posted:

It's fun! It's not super deep and it's very app-reliant, so if you don't like having to use a phone/tablet in conjunction with a board game, you won't like it. But the gameplay is a decent little "get stuff done on a map while trying to control the growth of bad poo poo" type game, and its cool to have the big glowing tower making noise and spitting out skulls.

We haven't tried playing with the guilds expansion yet which might provide a little more depth.

Friend brought it all over today. We all really loved it. The cooperative play and constant tension about what will go wrong next isn't that unlike Pandemic. But with sound effects and glowing tower stuff and skulls being flung at you.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Memnaelar posted:

I am truly perplexed by the success of Old Gods of Appalachia - I'd never heard of the podcast before and now want to check it out, but the Cypher system is, at best, enh and the 30-page primer that they released for download is the most generic interpretation of what might otherwise be interesting source material. It is the definition of a mediocre product based on potentially good IP somehow grabbing a quick mil.

Can someone cast a nicer shine on it than I can? What am I missing here, if anything?

That podcast has 6,609 Patrons: https://www.patreon.com/oldgodsofappalachia

The easy explanation for why it is so successful is that most of those people want cool things related to the podcast.

I've only listed to the first few eps so far, but it is pretty good actually if you like Lovecraftian style things (but they go out of their way to say their stuff is NOT mythos related, fwiw, it definitely is the same vibe tho)

---

The second piece is there are plenty of people that love the Cypher System. It is my favorite system, for example. And this is the first setting in this style that MCG has done for it. That alone would not be getting them this level of success. This is their biggest kickstarter ever, by leaps and bounds now. So again, the patrons for the Podcast have to be doing a lot here.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

MCG's latest rpg agnostic book is on its last day on backerkit: (Free preview to look at. Also, a separate Numenera book if you are interested)

https://www.backerkit.com/c/monte-cook-games/the-weird

---This is doing well, but not quite as well as their kickstarters normally do. Possibly as a result of the switch to Backerkit, but this is also a bit different than what they normally do.

And Daybreak (solve climate change) by Matt Leacock(Pandemic) also on backerkit:

https://www.backerkit.com/c/alex-hague/daybreak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

They've been bad for a really long time. I'm surprised people keep backing their games.