Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Well looks like Snowden's coming home. If When Johnson gets elected looks like he want's to give him a pardon!

https://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/johnson-on-snowden?utm_term=.xw1dVbE1VY#.cqljDMRpDz

I'm sure Snowden's packing his bags as we speak.

Also can Snowden still vote? I Assume as technically he's still a US citizen he can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

ReidRansom posted:

Clinton has been the presumptive nominee for some time now. This is nothing new and no one cares if your facebook friends are mad.

Yep, everything about the article just seemed to be a stupid poo poo show that no one really should of cared about. Fortunately its a stupid poo poo show that should ends after the primary result.

I really hope Sanders drops out after this and it doesn't become a month and a half of stupidity about changing super delegates minds and what not.

I mean I would actually preferred if some how Sanders magically got 90% of the primary votes today and became the nominee without any fuss, but realistically the first.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

nutranurse posted:

Look into your heart. You know the latter to be true.

I know :(

But at least everybody will be ignoring it in favor of whatever stupid poo poo trump said on any particular hour of any particular day.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

ReidRansom posted:

I don't have a great record on these things, but I think he'll be out by the end of the week.

Staying in until DC votes are in probably wouldn't hurt, a bit pointless yes, but its only seven more days and you could argue there is a bit of symbolism in staying in till the end. In all likelihood though I do actually think he will declare himself out after the votes are finished counted today/tomorrow.

In other news Trump hasn't twitted anything in 13 hours. Is he dead? has he been kidnapped by liberal terrorist? when will this horrible twitter silence end, who knows!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

nachos posted:

Reince hasn't tweeted in like 3 days

He just knows no one would read his tweets every if he had.

Just being efficient. Good for him.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

How many loving 'memes' are there that they require a whole bloody facebook page?

gently caress it, the world deserves trump. Let him burn it all in his tiny, tiny hands.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Joementum posted:

Anyone have a list of the superdelegates who endorsed yesterday?

AP did the count that included the extra delegates, but I can't find them anywhere releasing the names.

Apparently they just phoned up a bunch, so if the superdelegates didn't also put out a public statement then AP would be the only ones who'd know.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
There are what 700 or so. I guess not all of them are important to warrant a mention.

Here mentions Pelosi announced, but that's the only name I've seen.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

You'd think that would be more reason not to walk on the street then answer the phone. They didn't say they would do anything to her at all when she was answering phones!

...but yeah that is pretty poo poo. Threats of violence over politics aren't cool :(

Can't we all just get along!

Edit:

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Just a little sidetrack, but what is the deal with the primary chat bans now? This thread is nothing but primary poo poo now, and like only two people get randomly probated/banned.

Snitch get stitches.

dr_rat fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jun 7, 2016

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

boom boom boom posted:

I should've said, I would prefer a source that doesn't have a gif of Yoda loving Luke Skywalker right next to the info

Look this is the internet in 2016, you can have a decent, unbiased source, or you can have a source that doesn't have a gif of Yoda loving Luke Skywalker right next to, but you can't have both. :colbert:

anyway first four paragraphs of the Wikipedia article does a decent quick and dirty summery of it, although CommieGIR basically did just sum it all up.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

KittenofDoom posted:

:aaa: what's the context of the case? Does it cover permit-holders, too?

This article : http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/appeals-court-no-2nd-amendment-right-concealed-carry

Says Californian state gov didn't want to give someone a concealed carry license as they didn't meet the state requirements, so the person took it to court.

I just checked Fox news and there not calling for the violent overthrowing of the government, so either they haven't heard, or are still in denial.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

This isn't on NBC News, CBS News, ABC News, or CNN. Not a single headline. So, ummmm

But that is the real BBC website and twitter is blowing up with this.

So what the gently caress?

Gurdian has it as well:

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jun/12/orlando-shooting-nightclub-pulse-gunman

Apparently the British news media just cares more about the American gay community than the American news media :colbert:

Its probably just chance and I assume most of the other networks are still writing something up. Although you would at least expect a breaking banner or something.

Edit: Also the Australian news media now has it:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-12/florida-police-confirm-shooting-at-orlando-nightclub/7503770
http://www.smh.com.au/world/orlando-florida-nightclub-shooting-multiple-people-being-held-20160612-gphea8.html (from 20 minutes ago, with video outside the club)

Now on CNN: http://edition.cnn.com/2016/06/12/us/orlando-nightclub-shooting/index.html?adkey=bn

dr_rat fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Jun 12, 2016

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

There's apparently a hostage situation and he might have a bomb strapped to him.

Some reports have specifically stated no bomb.

But honestly it's best not to trust any news reports at the moment. Early news reports on these things normally seem to get most key facts wrong.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

ErIog posted:

Or maybe it's because most of the US is asleep while it's morning in London. You'll start to see coverage from American media in a couple hours.

CNN, MSNBC, and FOX news aren't some dinky local paper. While there's a bit of truth to that, all of them should have well enough people working the night shift to get something up.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

greatn posted:

The post above just said 50 casualties, that means death or injury.

From: https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2016/jun/12/florida-nightclub-shooting-terrorism-suspect-updates

Mayor Dyer confirmed to a press conference that there were 50 killed and 53 hospitalised in the shooting, not 20 killed and 42 hospitalised as initially reported by police.

:(

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Did this guy have a loving RPG or something how the hell do you kill/hospitalize 103 people?

An Assault rifle and a lot of people in a confined space.

Also seems like everyone was understandably panicked with a lot of people at the start having no idea whats going. It just seems like a whole lot of factors came together to just create a completely hosed situation

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

PerniciousKnid posted:

I'm starting to worry that the GOP will replace Trump with another candidate who can bask in the glow of not being Trump. A month ago I wouldn't have thought it possible, but he's just been so, so, so very bad that I'm afraid they could get away with it.

Replacing Trump at the convention through ratfuckery would piss off to all hell the Trump faithful and show the republican party establishment doesn't give a drat about its rank and file and is desperate as hell. It could possibly be the only disaster grander then the current train-wreck

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Ron Jeremy posted:

As more young men spend more time indoors playing video games, they spend less time out on the street getting into trouble. Ergo, video games are responsible for the drop in gun violence. Also, for the increase in players mom's getting hosed.

I think your missing the bigger picture. Apparently all the rest of the world other then the US and the UK had zero homicides before 2003.

It was thought all the mindless death had been contained to those two countries, but in that year Two and a Half Men was released and with it the spread of global murder.

2003 really was a dark year for humanity :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

$10 says a Republican short on reelection funds nicked them when no one was looking and is currently on their way to the nearest pawn shop.

• Locked thread