Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

jujojoh posted:

I can't believe that I am top 10 on most useless people list. Terrible. Never cosmic.

Add in your the fact that you joined in loving February I am sure i'll have to add you to the awareness prayer list with ICR.

Ajax posted:

I'm surprised I'm under 2

That just means you actually log out when you are done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
I am the steady rock in the middle. The glue that links SV and Degs.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Soothing Vapors posted:

DVa's pretty young. We try not to sexualize her

Just when I think you are a lost cause... you drop one of these gems.

I imagine ICR is like a white Abed...

and DP is Shirley.

edit: I am fat Neil.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Lozareth posted:

only uses the Sam Wilson team-up for vulnerability

You gave me so much poo poo for this >:(

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
Onslaught currently not summoning mental orbs.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
Surprisingly accurate.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

jubelio posted:

Ask us about our time played.

pls dont ask about our money paid

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Filthy Monkey posted:

I've only been playing a bit over a week, and am still pretty much a newbie, and I have two guys who have cleared cosmic trial. My starter was nightcrawler, who, in retrospect, was a bad choice. I bought ghost rider with cakes, and his damnation build seems kind of bullshit strong compared to anything nightcrawler can do. Once I had a set of 63 class uniques I cleared the trial pretty easily.

With shards I've randomed doom and iron fist. Doom I also cleared the trial with fairly easily. I am probably close to doing it with iron fist, using twin styles, but his AoE is kind of lovely compared to ghost rider's flame bullshit. He is more fun to play though.

Surprisingly accurate perspective.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Soothing Vapors posted:

Mr. Blizzard's in-game clock will also have revolutionary new tech, including the ability to tell accurate time and change time zones

Wishful thinking.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

TheArtofRawr returned?!?! WOW!

Did people not know this?

Also, Rawr was good.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Soothing Vapors posted:

I love that our new GM is every bit as neglectful and inattentive as the old one

I wasn't around for it, but I hear Kelp used to log in and play as well. Maybe try giving the gold star to someone who doesn't play and see if it has inverse effect.

Also, I genuinely enjoy seeing your posts in Overweight thread.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Soothing Vapors posted:

yeah I like seeing you and nackhamself and Saint gently caress and Drythe and all you other garbagepails over there, and elsewhere. it's like seeing someone you went to high school with while you're out running errands or something. "i used to know that guy," you think wistfully as your eyes lock across the mangoes in a trader joe's. "it was so nice to be young together. we were alive then."

but then you look away for minute and when you look back they're gone

:glomp:

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Soothing Vapors posted:

Aphrodite giving posting tips?

We're "deathplague teaching an etiquette course" and "ICR giving mental health evaluations" away from bona fide omens of the apocalypse.

:vince:

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Ephemeron posted:

Promise fulfilled.

That's shiny as f

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Erdricks posted:

I logged in to watch netflix and sg is so lonely and no one is playing overwatch either :wtc:

I'm on Eve... my soul is gone.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
If you are granted a skill, you do not benefit from +ranks to it.

If you are leveling, you will find a lot of gear that gives you skills that you cannot use at your level. When you reach that level, investing max points will get you higher skill level than the grant.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Erdricks posted:

Is Eve a low effort game?

It is... after you spend time learning.

If you aren't in the OW thread, you are missing gems like this:

Gibbering Madness posted:

Did deathplague start playing this game?

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
I played OW last night. Got a triple kill POTG and logged off.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
You nerds are gonna tell me you didnt enjoy D2 or WC2? You don't deserve a good game.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

I AM THE MOON posted:

you give money to twitch streamers, therefore

i am twitch steemr, pls gib $$

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

The other one's full of Drythe talking about how much he loves Goonswarm.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Erdricks posted:

speaking of which, I need a netflix recommendation, something that is not anime.

House of Cards if you somehow haven't. Stranger Things wasn't terrible. The Ranch was pretty funny.

Also, Bad Boys 2, Gridiron Gang, xXx, Fast and Furious (2, 3, 4), Get Rich or Die Tryin and South Park BLU are on there and should be experienced.

Personal Fav: Lie to Me (series), Ip Man (Movie about Bruce Lee's master, does things in China), Parks and Rec (series), Hot and Fluffy (stand up about fat people, very relevant to SG), Boondocks (racism series).

Lowkey very funny, Blue Mountain State.

I just saw GOOD BURGER is on there too.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
Except it was the only good trailer. Well, Defenders was a "teaser"

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Pierson posted:

It lasted like what three years? That isn't bad for a goon group in a free-to-play game. You all were a ton of fun to play with but game doesn't offer anything more at this point.

We dropped a lot of money and a lot of god drat time.

We also had the best event. And we had Cides.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
He was great when he was out of prison. Which was never.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Soothing Vapors posted:

hosed up Big if true

I dunno what could bring me back. I mean, I do, but its not things that can happen.

New Raid (if its not challenging then its gonna be a 1 month wonder)

Hardcore (lol)

FranktheBank fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Aug 15, 2016

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Rufio posted:

lol if you haven't been booted for inactivity long ago

lol, people have to be on to boot

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Lux, you have a Russian brother.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Soothing Vapors posted:

did diabetes finally kill frnaklin the banklin or did he just finally stop posting in the thread for a game he doesn't play unlike all of us? I worry about him

I miss you guys... some of you. A few of you. Pretty much everyone except dp.

madcow posted:

He is probably playing WoW with Asros and friends.

Nope, I didn't resub. I wont be fooled again by friends saying they want to raid together and then quitting.

punchymcpunch posted:

Maybe he has a serious Evejob now?

About to crest 2500 steam hours... I started in April.
Disclaimer: Eve is very afk friendly.

Kelp Plankton posted:

frank shows up on the discord as playing Eve Online 24/7 so hes effectively dead

I've completely lost control over my life. On the other hand, I've made over 100b ISK over the past 2 months.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

punchymcpunch posted:

Hi Frank is Eve pve as bad as Gaz pve?

Troll answer: Worse.

Real answer: Way better (in null) because there is actual danger. Also, there is pvp

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Percelus posted:

no it really is way worse. eve pve is the most boring paint by numbers bullshit ever conceived, even wormholes and incursions

also no one gets killed ratting unless they're pants on head retarded

Eve ratting is great because I can do anything else (netflix, chores, etc) and still be near maximum efficiency. I used to play OW while ratting. I currently am doing DED sites, which is advanced PVE and requires me to pay attention, but earns a lot more.

For the most part, you're right about the non-dying part, except for a few tricks. Like I landed on a rattlesnake who warped off, so i flew to about where he would land when he comes back. Then force logged and came back 12 minutes later and landed right on him.

There's also seeing where certain people warp when you come into system, setting drag bubbles 500km off, then leaving system and coming back 10+ minutes later and catching them in warp.

When all of that fails... blue spies.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Darke GBF posted:

I love convincing people in real life that Luke Cage's middle name is Penelope. I'm 100% serious when I tell them this.

I say Patrick.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Soothing Vapors posted:

lol I forgot about Thanos raid. Didn't ryolnir say at one point that was for this year? hahaha

Red Axis has been talked about internally for about 15 minutes since Green Axis came out.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
He looks like someone I went to college with.

I went to a terrible college.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

punchymcpunch posted:

How long do you think before he's lead designer?

He has to quit first then come back.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
SV, want to make a quick $5000? Brush up on your Icelandic law.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Gibbering Madness posted:

Been sitting on this for three months waiting for the perfect moment:

GOOD ONE DAVID BREVIK!

Holy poo poo.

:vince:

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
https://www.twitch.tv/frankthebank22 dsioing green muysple assoo n as i kill a sjip in eve

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
I may have been drinking and gaming last night.

Someone came into the chat and said he kept getting kicked from green musple public raids for being on hulk. I downloaded MH to run it. Was trying to blow up my ship in Eve beforehand, mission was unsuccessful. Then was too drunk to stand.

Sorry hulk bro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
I did a green musple today with a newbro. It was ok.

• Locked thread