Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009
I look forward to sidewinder only goon groups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Volcanic Vents posted:

I'm just saying holopilots do some of the things people were saying they should do, not that they're any great shakes at doing 'em

can you use holopilots during ejection to avoid getting Goosed?

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009
The encore trailer was a push to increase sales in the face of COD's failure, and I agree to black Friday sale really helped boost users. Personally, I think its great, this game should be played by more people.

If only Origin wasn't such a piece of garbage.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Hixson posted:

also, the Tone is easily the best titan right?

Tone is good, but after 50 matches of people just playing the Tone it gets old. I have been working on the Ion and Legion and the game has grown a little more challenging, which I am finding to be a lot more enjoyable.

If we are losing, though, I usually switch back to Tone.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Yes, there's supposedly skill based matchmaking although I'm pretty sure they game hugely prioritizes parties and poo poo.

https://www.titanfall.com/en_us/news/inside-development-matchmaking/

I sure can't figure it out. I played some Attrition the other day and there was a dude just blowing away the other team, we were all in the 50-60s score (I'm not good at Attrition although I top the scoreboard in Bounty Hunt) and this dude was like 150, and he was in 6 consecutive games and the game just kept shuffling him around between the two sides. He always dominated.

It's like, come on, there are 2.5k people playing Attrition online in the region, that's 250 Attrition games active, there's no way that you can't put an MLG game together for this dude. Leave us scrubs in peace.

Chances are he was partied with someone lower level. If anything it seems like the skill level of the team is determined by their lowest member, not an average over the entire team.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Gosh, I hope not, because that's really dumb.

Honestly, It might not be the case, but like others have described, there is a standard in a lot of matches where there are 1 or 2 incredibly good players that obviously dominate the entire board while everyone else just lags behind. I was in a match the other day and a guy scored 30 kills in an attrition match and nearly 190 points. The next best person was 15 kills and nearly 110 points. If there was any logic behind their matchmaking that probably shouldn't happen so regularly.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Wazzit posted:

pretty pictures

You've inspired me to play the ion more.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

quote:

Tone: Burst Loader
Aiming allows the 40mm to store up to 3 shots to burst fire

I was ok with all the new Titan Kits until I saw this. This is going to make the tone even more annoying.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Moola posted:

I kinda do wish there was a perk for not having a titan, maybe quicker boost generation?

its a lot of fun trying to take down the Titans on foot sometimes

Well, that would kinda go against the whole point of this game wouldn't it? It would feel like a well executed COD modern warfare David vs Goliath game mode.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Wang posted:

Ran into a goon stack last night on the Oregon server a couple of times, definitely hurts being on the other side of those. Can't remember the one goon who was shotgunning while cloaked but he had was a really good Ronin pilot. I know Keyframe was one of the goons, will have to join up sometime to roll fools. Good games

Hi DrWang, we were waiting for you to join the discord. We had space for you after that whinner game.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

a real chump posted:

Scorch is my bro. Here are some gooses I got in a game last night.

https://gfycat.com/CapitalSlimyFlyingsquirrel

https://gfycat.com/ScratchyBothDowitcher

And on Console as well, nicely done.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009
Wow, the first patch notes that actually addressed some serious concerns of players. I am actually more excited about the game with some of the suggested changes (assuming they turn out ok).

Good on Respawn.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009
The one thing I would have liked to see included in those patch notes is a decrease in the reaper flood in late game attrition. Guess they can't fix everything with the first patch.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

I love the "0 Boosts activated".

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Sigma-X posted:

Riding a friendly titan is useful mostly for providing supporting anti-titan fire from a relatively safe location. Most weaponry will hit the titan and not injure you fatally, plus you get the benefit of being behind their shields for the most part.

It's not a better location for pilot v pilot although it is probably a safer (but more difficult to shoot from) location to provide infantry support to a friendly titan.

Since you're the guy who wants to auto-titan all day, riding your own titan is not a good loving idea.

I assume also it acts as a safety from enemy pilots trying to mount and steal a battery.

Actually, I have no idea if this works. Can you mount an enemy titan with a pilot already on board? Is there some cool on titan melee execution that we haven't seen?!

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Knifegrab posted:

So whatever tone nerfs they added the buffs heavily outweight it, don't expect to see tone go away even a tiny bit, she is stronger than ever.

Good job respawn!

Well, then let's roll all tone groups and make everyone hate them all over again!

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009
I have yet to use the alternator, but with the volt changes I need a new love. Given the popularity of the gun amongst others, I am looking forward to it becoming my new favourite.

I still love the G2 though.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Tirranek posted:

I stole a battery once!

Good enough, join us on discord.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009
Wazzit is the reason I play Ion a lot now. I love that titan almost as much as I love his gifs.

Also, I am thankful for 2 things. First that he is a goon, second that he plays on console. Just imagine that skill with the precision of a mouse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Yo I got a handful more BWW codes for the Ion nose art. They expire on Thursday I think. Doesn't work with prime Titan tho :(

I will grab one if you have any left.