Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Excited for this! I'll probably be jumping in at release with you nerds. :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

I am Pro Robot-punchy. Also Pro Robot-Stabby. Also Pro Robot-Shooty.

I might just be Pro-Robot. :shrug:

In other news (and this is utter speculation), how awesome would it be if you got to choose the class of your Robot-buddy at the start of the campaign, so you could play through with different styles?

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Antoine Silvere posted:

True pros call their Titan down on the dropship :smuggo:

I remember trying this once and instead of killing the dropship I nailed the last 2 surviving pilots who were making a break for it. :hellyeah:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Origin is fine nowadays, really. Annoying to have a split library between a couple of platforms, but its not terrible now. And their support is straight up better than Steam's.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Any of you dudes still play Titanfall 1? I would totes install 50GB again to have some laughs.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

PDT? That's... pretty late for a lil brit like me. :britain:

I will install it I guess and try and catch you guys.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

So what are the factions this time? I vaguely remember hearing that it wasn't IMC vs Militia, and the factions look like red and brown guys vs green and gray guys who kinda look like a mix between the first game's factions.

Does it even matter? :v: It'll be green dudes vs red dudes or whatever in the MP, and it'll be good dude and goodrobutt vs baddudes and badrobutts in the campaign.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Niggurath posted:

It seems like they are going to start up doing a dev diary series on youtube:

Dude has a model of a Titan holding a plush Cacodemon. Already the best thing.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Speaking of, this game is kinda hella expensive out of the gate. £50 :psyduck:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

s.i.r.e. posted:

It's a triple A, multi-platform title, so that's basically standard?

£40 is the standard.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

It was alright as a fluff/propaganda/full blown advertisement piece. It's obviously not trying to be "actual gameplay!", but it still shows off plenty of mechanics available in the game and gives you a good idea of what the game is about. Probably aimed more at people who never played the first one.

Those little spider-orb bot things were cool though. I hope we get to fight more non-human type things in the campaign. I know there were some neat lizard things in the first campaign trailer.

I love well designed non-human enemies in games. FIghting the same soliders in different coloured uniforms gets old.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Alehkhs posted:

I wonder if the Titanfall television project is still underway with Lionsgate TV.

I'd watch it, but it'd need a decent CGI budget.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Why didn't George START by shooting Lennie?

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Qmass posted:

Like why don't you start in the robot ? Because its way loving cooler to call in a robotic meteor.

"Robotic Meteor" is the best thing I've heard all day.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Hell with that, I'm gonna have great fun rolling on mooks with my Brobot. :awesomelon::respek::iamafag:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

BT is a cross between d0g and GladOS.

gently caress yeah.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Knifegrab posted:

Would be so dope, but that would mean BT is the spirit of a man who never learned to give a thumbs up! Who could such a man be?!

Zaphod42?

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Psion posted:

the only problem was teams getting absolutely stomped by a group of jackasses singing the Hamtaro theme song and only using anti-titan weapons

Wasn't.... wasn't that us :v:

Yeah there was practically zero problem with cheating/hacking on PC in TF1.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

This friday is my last day at work for a week. :black101:

It wasn't even planned for this, I just took my last week off before I move to a different job.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

The SP looks loving rad though. Sure the games main focus is MP but having a cool SP campaign which can put those same mechanics in other cool scenarios is not a bad thing.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Yeah looks like the minimum is really not very minimal, you could run it with less, but they want you to have a solid experience with stable FPS.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

They said they were going to do that all along. After they made the DLC free to everyone for tf1 they said they would follow that model for the sequel.

Glad they stuck with it, it's clearly the best idea for an MP game.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

I just played a bunch of games in a row of Amped Hardpoint and it's a really cool mode. A good take on the classic Domination game mode.

Had no problems queueing for it either, rumours of this game's death are being greatly exaggerated.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Lemon-Lime posted:

Good god, the L-Star is garbage.

I was having a good time with the L-Star last night. It's hip fire is super accurate so you basically never need to ADS and it's pretty powerful. Also no need to reload is nice. What was your problem with it?

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Lemon-Lime posted:

Needing to lead with it means it's useless against moving pilots or at range (except against static targets), even if it has zero recoil and near-pinpoint hipfire, and the lack of spread and overheat mechanics actually work against it in CQB. It also seems to do pretty low damage given those disadvantages.

It's probably one of those weapons where you can do well with it once you learn how much you need to lead by, but until then, it's at a disadvantage at every range.

Gotta leave room for DLC announcers. :v:

e; do we have hard stats for stuff yet? I'm wondering whether to switch Entangled Energy out for Grand Cannon on Ion, since I enjoy the Macross reference.

I was wrecking dudes with it at close/medium range last night. :shrug: Felt good as soon as I picked it up.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

You got super lucky (or had good map knowledge I guess) with those 2 guys at the start totally oblivious with their backs to you.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Just dropping in to say I've played like 6 hours of titanfall tonight and the game is still cool and good.

Today I goosed a dude with the Thermite launcher on Scorch.

:hellyeah:

Scorch is goddamn amazing on hardpoint. Don't want an enemy titan covering a point? Drop a couple of canisters and SET THE WHOLE AREA ON FIRE.

Annoying pilot hiding in a building popping at you? Lob a canister through a window and SET HIM ON FIRE.

Tones turtling behind their sheilds? Lob a canister around the shield and SET HIM ON FIRE.

See a pattern yet? :supaburn:

AirRaid fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Nov 1, 2016

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Emron posted:

If you put it in a friendly titan you get, like, a million percent on your own titan charge.

66%. But you also get 33% for stealing it in the first place so there's your titan.

Re: Pubstomps and unbalanced matches - it does seem to be a thing. It's really great when you get a good one though. I played a random match earlier, no groups. Hardpoint on Homestead. We were 290-365 down toward the end, and It wasn't looking great, but we managed to triple cap briefly, then contested their single point for a while and ended up sneaking it 400-393. It was a really good match throughout.

More of that would be great.

AirRaid fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Nov 1, 2016

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

radintorov posted:

And speaking of Ronin, a short clip from a game tonight with my fellow euro goons.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTZT83Rg0-Q

This was the greatest thing that happened tonight.

Also man I sucked in that game. :shobon:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

I don't die to nuclear ejections and I run Scorch, who is the fattest little fucker in the yard. It's absurdly easy to get away from provided you see it coming and nothing is behind you.

E: Also I am re running the campaign to get the helmets and some of these are really loving well hidden. And that entire Into the Abyss section is full of goddamn blue lights, which look like the highlight on the helmet pickup. :argh:

Kinda wish it'd show you where the ones you've already got were, too.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

So I just ran across this in the campaign -

Obviously some kind of easter egg but honestly I have no idea what it's referencing.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Meanwhile myself and Radintorov were just sat in a tiny room on top of C killing dudes beneath us until a tick jumps in the window and blows us both to hell. (see: 0:46 in the video)

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Lemming posted:

What are you using to record/turn these into gifs?

He's using Shadowplay but you can get OBS to do the same thing. Gfycat will take the FLVs OBS spits out directly if theyre short enough, or you might need an editor to trim to size first.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Lemon-Lime posted:

It does do pretty mediocre damage per shot to individual titans, though, and you get way too little ammo for it considering that.

All of the anti-titan weapons have their niche, really. MGL does the most damage but is hampered by its short range, hacked Charge Rifle has good damage and is pinpoint accurate but lights you up like a Christmas tree, non-hacked Charge Rifle loses a lot of DPS but is a lot stealthier, Archer does good single-hit damage and is stealthy but has terrible DPS and relatively few shots (even with fast reload and extra ammo), Thunderbolt does splash but has bad single-target damage and few shots.

It's almost like they are balanced. :v:

Also,

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Lemon-Lime posted:

Yeah, I would have preferred if factions controlled your pilot appearance rather than perks, I'd rather not have a gross fur collar when I have Cloak or be forced to be a robot to have Phase Shift.

That would have been a way better choice. I'd still be a robot cos I quite like Ash's announcements. Short and to the point. Even if she can't say "C" properly. Always sounds like B :argh:

Also hell yes get on Splines in the evenings, there's usually a handful of us.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Condoleezza Nice! posted:

Radintov & co, that was a fun match earlier! Also you made my team go apeshit. Good on you!

Yeah that was great. Randomly running into other goons is always a hoot.

Was that the game where I flanked in the first round and set like three of your guys on fire from behind? :supaburn:

I'm firmly on the side of "Volt loving owns". I've taken it from level 8 to G2.10 or something today.

Also, Mixtape is the best playlist. Random game mode is a really nice way to play. Keeps it from being a dull rush of the same thing, and also you get better games because its generally not full of tryhardy groups or clanstacks. However, no-one who plays mixtape knows how to play hardpoint so those games are hilarious stomps.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

I was testing out my setup for recording clips earlier and managed to snag exactly why I like scorch -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZRIuF0eSjI

:supaburn:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

year199X posted:

You get a merit for extracting.

You also get a pip on your Faction merit for a successful extract, if you lose the match.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Knifegrab posted:

You level up really quickly in this game even if you don't win. Also if you have enough merits you can outright just buy things instead of waiting to get to the level. Its not perfect but its really not that bad.

This is true, but if you do well it's goddamn hilarious how fast you can level up. Even without Double XP I can go nearly one level every 2 matches (or better), simply because Win/Good Performance/Match Complete is 3 Merits, and you only need 2 more from guns or titans or something to make up the extra. If you have a really great match you can level up a weapon a couple of times, probably level a titan too because you're earning them and earning cores real fast. 6 or 7 merits from a match is really doable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Knifegrab posted:

Does an amped weapon get further amped through A-Wall?

This is super important.

I hear Amping the Volt is currently the best way of resisting enemy players. :science: