Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Woodenlung posted:

I am so loving pissed about radio24syv closing, simply due to these cunts deciding it shouldnt be in Copenhagen anymore.
I'm super sad about it too, but what I don't understand is why can't they have a small location in Copenhagen for the politicians to be in, which is hooked up to the main studio with an MPLS ISDN connection?
Anyone listening on the radio wouldn't be able to tell the difference between someone coming in on digital connection over an ISDN line and someone in the studio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

It's not often that you get policicians who're this honest.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

SplitSoul posted:

It's this.
Of course it is, just because they have to offer it doesn't mean it has to be easy, so they make it as hard as they think they can get away with to justify their own job so they don't end up in the system they created.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

In a truly inspired piece of spin, Peter Kofod said "I don't have to agree with what other parties do in other countries.".
It's true, he doesn't have to, it just so happens that it seems like he and his entire party does. How curious.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Historians seem to agree that during the Nazi occupation of Denmark, only about 1% were officially supporting the Nazis.
About 1% is also the amount of Danes who were in the resistence movement.

So you're absolutely right, it definitely does not take very much - which is absolutely terrifying to me.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

24Syv.dk article sub-headline posted:

Rasmus Paludan was in 2015 fined for insulting a cop. In the court, it was revealed that a head injury in 2005 caused a behavioural change with Paludan.
You know, this explains a lot. It doesn't excuse any of it, but it explains it.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Zombiepop posted:

Maybe the women in Scandinavia feel that life is decent? They can get a career, new freedoms etc. While a lot of guys seem to feel like they were robbed of something they were promised?
What I want to know is what the gently caress they feel they were promised.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Mr. Sunshine posted:

Ironically, in the land of Big Daddy Putin "Caucasian" means swarthy Muslim.
Swarthy is a weird word. What does a Swarth look like, and how can that possibly describe anyone with as broadly a brush as that term is used?

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

But there are so many lovely shades that people can have, and brown describes only a small subset. Seems very limiting, if you ask me.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Swarthy refers to anyone who's not white enough for your personal standards. Ben Franklin famously complained that Swedes and the Dutch were too swarthy and that only Anglos and Saxons could be considered truly white.
Were the Jutes not good enough for Ben Franklin?
Like anyone who can trace their ancestry back to the 1600s in Denmark, I think I can claim ancestry going back to the Vikings - which basically means I get to feel slightly smug about having one of the first empires, and slightly ashamed that the Vikings had slaves (it only helps very little that we didn't need a civil war to free the slaves).

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I've always maintained that the only time it's okay to not vote is when at least two factors are satisfied:
1) Statistics of non-voters are tracked
2) Those statistics actually mean something to the politicians and news organizations focus on it

In Denmark the statistics are tracked, but noone gives a rats rear end about them despite the fact that they've been steadily increasing over quite a few years, which to me seems to indicate an increasing dissatisaction with the choices available during elections (not that you need this statistic to back up that statement, it's basically evident if you just go out and talk with a big-enough sample-size of people).

Although given the current political climate, I think it's very dangerous to not vote, because you run the risk of not just being labeled as someone who voted for the wrong party by not voting, you also risk giving the wrong party a bigger percentage of the win.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

TheIllestVillain posted:

governing as a minority government with 26% of the vote seems incredibly ambitious
There hasn't been a majority government since before World War 2.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Retarded Goatee posted:

Worthless, limp-dicked piece of poo poo party.
You need to be a bit more specific, as that describes all of them.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Katt posted:

Nobody that is not a smoker wants someone smoking within smelling distance of them, at any time, ever. :v:
And the smokers don't know why, because smoking has ruined their sense of smell.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Potrzebie posted:

Just lol if you still smoke in tyool 2019.
It's a complete and utter loving mystery to me how young people pick up smoking in 2019, or for that matter in the last 10 if not 20 years.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Gaukler posted:

Yeah I know this is a kebab shop, I’ll have a #2 without corn.
I know this is a bit of a derail, but if there's any place where you shouldn't need some lame-duck excuse as a pre-response to an especially idiotic meme, it's D&D on SA.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Yeah. From the point of view of a non-smoker, someone deciding to smoke in a public space has pretty much already signaled that they don't give a poo poo, so why even bother complaining? Smelling distance is incidentally pretty loving far unless the smoker is downwind, like, you can be annoying people who are far enough away that you can't even really make out their faces.
What pisses me off is when smokers smokers will have a cigarette ready to light up the second they step out of the bus as if they can't possibly expected to restrain themselves from sucking cancer dickssticks straight into their lungs the very second they have the option, they'll stand (usually in groups, so it's impossible to get between them without getting a lungful of cancer) right next to a door (that's usually open so they don't get quite so cold, completely ignoring the fact that the smoke often drifts in the door), or when they they think that just because a place that serves food has open-air seats that suddenly gives them the right to ruin the meals of everyone else around them by lighting up before, during, and after their meal.

I've had cancer once already, there is absolutely nothing good about it. I don't want to have it again because some inconsiderate fuckwad.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

SplitSoul posted:

I sure hope all of you bike or ride public transit exclusively or you can get hosed. I quit full-stop a few months ago, although I haven't smoked with any sort of regularity for years, but there's really nothing like sanctimonious anti-smoking militancy to make you want to light up again. I'm all for blanket indoor bans, price hikes, age restrictions, putting people who litter in the stocks and executing tobacco executives, but I'm simply amazed that people still trot out the incredulous "Don't they know it's bad for them?!" line in 2019. Of course they loving do. Maybe there's a host of complex societal and psychological issues at work that still drive people, especially poor people, to smoke cigarettes. Nicotine is typically grouped with the likes of heroin in terms of addictiveness and difficulty quitting, so perhaps be glad of the headway made in the past decades and stop throwing a tantrum every time you catch a whiff of tobacco smoke on main street.

Edit: I had the reply window open, this wasn't in response to the previous post, just FYI. Smokers should be considerate within reason, obviously.
Yeah, that's fair - my post really should've come with the 'smokers = some smokers' caveat emptor, because obviously it's not all smokers, nor probably even most smokers nowadays. It's likely just a minority that are downright lacking in civility and respect for other people. It's not even as if I'm one of those sanctimoneous anti-smokers, I'm way too loving shy around strangers to say anything - it's just that sometimes we (all, evidently :v:) have a need to rant.
I only ride my bike or take public transport, as my eyes are so bad I'm not allowed a drivers license in Denmark.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

SplitSoul posted:

Sorry about your eyesight and the cancer. Let's unite in our mutual disdain for inconsiderate people, be they smokers or non.

I don't have a license because I get sufficiently agitated with other drivers as a passenger. Can't do anything about bus drivers, unfortunately.
No need to feel sorry for me; I don't even notice the first problem anymore, and I'm trying to get used to the idea of not worrying about cancer.
Instead, we can glare balefully at all the inconsiderate people!
Incidentally, the word 'olm' is a really good one.

Yeah, the few times a year I have to go to Aarhus to get examined and get the scan results from my oncologist, I get to call kørselskontoret and order what's essentially a taxi-ride down there, and I get the joy of spending about an hour and a half on route 11 and E45 and being an absolute nerve-wreck from both worrying about the driver (and all the other drivers), as well as the results of the scan. And then I get to go home which is almost as bad.
gently caress having an over-active imagination that lets you imagine a car crash in the time it takes the driver to correct something.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

V. Illych L. posted:

i mean if you want to discuss those things you can bring them up
No! We must perform our various functions, as the Mentats we are.

..I might've been reading too much Dune, lately.
Just kidding, there's no such thing.

Zombiepop posted:

I would like to ask the local danes how the it comes you are one of Europas top consumers of cocain? Lax laws or just an appetite?
I'm curious where you have this from - since I don't spend my time hoovering up plant powder with my nose, I'm not exactly tapped in to the grapevine of knowing the latest statistics on these things.

KozmoNaut posted:

Probably.

Which is a good argument to produce as little waste as possible, regardless of type.

"Reduce, reuse, recycle" is still my favorite way to phrase it. I'm not sure who originally came up with it, but I think it's a brilliant little bit of communication.
Jammerbugt kommune where I'm from is one of the first ones (along with Aalborg) to implement that sorting - and yeah, that's come up a fair few times among locals. The impression I get is that most people are hoping that at some point it'll actually be useful sorting, but since they're already accustomed to it (which took a remarkably short time), they might as well continue - and I feel much the same way.

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jul 16, 2019

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

KozmoNaut posted:

Vordingbøv
Is that a very Sønderjysk version of Jakabov?

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Zombiepop posted:

The Guardian mentioned it in an article and it seems to be from a 2-3 year old UN report.
That doesn't really make sense, because the new PDF report only has four data-points for Denmark, with numbers not explained and so far apart that the margin of error given the available data (ie. not the raw numbers, just the statistics) make the numbers basically meaningless in terms of distinguishing between the years - ie. it might be around 1% for all the years they report, rather than approximately 1.5, 0.5, 0.5 and 1.5.
In addition, Denmark isn't even mentioned among the countries that the text of the report focuses on, and it doesn't even have the biggest year-over-year increase (that dubious distinction goes to Czechia) - and usually the relative increase is what headlines like that are based on, so it seems as if The Guardian had a conclusion that they wanted to justify, so they went picking for data to support it.
Perhaps The Guardian should focus more on its own readership since it's almost double that of Denmark and the highest of any measured.

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Jul 19, 2019

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

What the gently caress, Denmark.
Sincerely,
A Dane.

Lima posted:

You're about five years late with that.
Five years? Mujaffa-spillet, which started life named Perker-spillet, was made by Danish Radio in 2000 - so there's absolutely nothing new about it.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

V. Illych L. posted:

wait mujaffa was made by DR

what the gently caress
It was part of the very first attempt Danish Radio made at an online youth culture thing, and is actually still online if you have something that can run flash.
If you strip out the strings on a Unix-like OS, you get a bunch of nonsense and a few usable strings and back in the day it contained the names of its creators: Thomas Løfgren, Jeppe Sloth-Olsen and Søren Amstrup who made it on behalf of u-land, which later became SKUM.

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Aug 4, 2019

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Lima posted:

As in, the game was released, lambasted and withdrawn five years ago :v:

And yeah I remember Mujaffa - it was rather popular at my high school :sigh:
Iirc it was made by Banjo's Likørstue?
Took me a bit of time to find this, but yes - it was inspired by this satirical rap by Banjo's Likørstue:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtGPuc6qdmQ
There's a bunch of production info here.

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Aug 4, 2019

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

There's something rotten in the state of Denmark, and it's not some windmill.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

So since the Norwegian prime minister is accusing Sweden of exporting right-wing extremism, will the Danish prime minister accuse Sweden of exporting left-wing extremism since it's come out that one of the people involved in the bombing of the Danish tax offices has been politically active and at one point ran for a left-leaning party?

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Alhazred posted:

Of course, Trump being Trump he would probably end up purchase Grønland instead of Grønland by mistake.
Trump would probably ask to have Amerika, a part of Hobro, repatriated.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Flayer posted:

Is Greenland even theoretically for sale? What an absurd reason to cancel a diplomatic visit. I do wonder of Greenland is anything other than a money pit for the Danish government, bet they can't wait to get rid but through self determination.
Greenland is not Denmarks to sell, even if it is for sale - which it isn't.
Greenland is essentially self-governing with the exception of foreign affairs and defense - although it should be said that they trade for a bunch of subsidies from Denmark which have already been outlined in the thread.
Everyone who's in their right mind, judged by whether they laughed at this, has been laughing at this.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

A voter card just showed up in my mailbox for the first election after I turned 18, and they've been sending them ever since for every election - and the only thing that's really changed materially is that I changed addresses since (but I only had to file that once with the national register, which happened online and took like 5 minutes).
I barely even understand the concept of needing an ID when I go to vote; I went to school with one of the politicians that always show up to help overseeing things, and have known a few of the others for longer than I've been able to vote.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Max Manus posted:

If you have a drivers license you would use that. Some banks still issue cards with picture ID.
If you have neither, your passport.
But are you required to have either of those three?
As far as I know, in Denmark, you're not required to have any picture ID although you may find it hard to do things.
So far, I've succeeded in not having one.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I'm glad I'm not a judge, because I'd be sorely tempted to throw a book at them.
Fair enough for trying and failing (!) to get away if they don't wanna go to prison and have previous crimes on record, but putting other people in danger by driving into them (especially a woman with a baby stretcher, apparently?) plus exchange of gunfire, and the whole stealing an ambulance thing is just too over the top.
Do judges in Scandinavia practice setting an example out of especially grievous crimes? I can't seem to remember any cases.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Randarkman posted:

Now it seems that the police are saying that he deliberately drove the ambulance onto the sidewalk and tried to hit people. The man is being charged with attempted murder.

Worst case I believe is that these two were planning to carry out some kind of attack (hence the guns), but managed to crash their car and then panicked, the man once he got the ambulance then decided to try to "make the most out of it".

Another possibility is that they were going to hit and rob someplace (which seems a bit weird at this time of day, aslo what place would you try to rob at this time of day?) and then got in the car accident and panicked (also were likely not very sober).
If that's really what happened (since it's still too early to tell with all the tabloids and Twitter seemingly jumping at every rumour), then I have to wonder if there isn't something deeply wrong with these people.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

THE BAR posted:

I was responsible for Naturmødet 2019's promotional material and marketing. We had almost every major politician, Mette Frederiksen and Lars Løkke notwithstanding, and things were looking great for the debate... Then Paludan, one day before start, suddenly said that he was coming too, even though he had fervently declined weeks in advance.

So now we needed police, fences, metal detectors, visitation zones, the works. Just for a monstrous lunatic to show up, not engage in the debate, only to put up his hand twice to spew some vitriol he's clearly been reading on his phone, while everyone else was discussing the climate.

It didn't even pertain to climate, it was just a string of slurs and rambling about genocide being cool and good. None of the other politicians engaged with him, he was just a spot of wh.. Ergh.. White noise. Why even show up? People were booing every second he talked, until they were told to be quiet for decorum.
The fun part is that a "human" like Paludan droning on and on is way closer to brown noise than it is to white noise.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Inepta Lacerta posted:

Or possibly a brown note. Both events end with poo poo, after all.

(yeah yeah, I know brown notes are subject to debate. Work with me here.)
In Paludans case, the brown note definitely applies because not only does poo poo come out of his upper rear end in a top hat (known, on other humans, as the mouth) constantly while a brown note is produced by it, it also makes most other people want to run away from him, possibly to a toilet, just so they can get away.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Eschenique posted:

Has privatization improved anything?
Fixed your question for you, buddy.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Do these excuses for human beings really think that "Den Nordiske Modstandsbevægelse" is particularily clever?

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Fair point, they're not exactly the warmest buns in the cubboard or the sharpest knives in the basket.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Eschenique posted:

Look at the boughie hoarding all the names there while Cher and Madonna only get to have one.
Prince was forced to reduce his name to only a single letter!

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

His Divine Shadow posted:

Mark Blyth on the danes (or their government)
https://twitter.com/Cevea/status/1200455246943834113

"So basically we're sitting on our hands? "

"Totally, you're sitting on your hands and got them halfway up your rear end"
I didn't know so many Danes were into fisting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

SplitSoul posted:

Been napping under a rock since the '90s, I see. I have a lot of terrible news for you.
But it's a really comfortable rock :ohdear:
Besides, it was all the German porn in the 80s that had fisting. :colbert:

Well, the area between Tarm and Lem is often affectionately(?) referred to as Mellemkød.