Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Why Corbyn is bad by Jaffy age 4:-

* Idiot face
* Dumb
* Immigrants gay
* poor ppl stupid? why do they not work??????????
* hospitl need morer money like a business man
* nukes BIG BANG
* army men cool like my dad
* kill the bad desert men
* my friend dave says jam is gay as heck
* dad and mum always arguing :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

qhat posted:

Just let the Scottish go, I'm sure they will be able to run their economy on north sea oil lol

You don't need oil to run an economy. I don't think the Scottish have any illusions about being rich. They just don't want to be ripped out of the EU. I don't know why this is so funny.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

LemonDrizzle posted:

https://twitter.com/SkyData/status/749147973876080640

https://twitter.com/SkyData/status/749147770691457024

an overwhelming majority of leave voters think it would be a good idea to wipe 12% off the tax take and sacrifice 2m+ jobs so they don't have to see a polski sklep in their town

They don't know what the "single market" is. They probably have trouble comprehending 2 million people. The level of stupidity we're dealing with requires bodies in the streets and everything on fire before they'll realise that things are bad.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

stefania_r posted:

Note the lack of phrase "X's daughter". That's how you can tell that their hearts aren't really in it.

edit: Oh good we're moving towards the US in terms of religion and politics.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Steve2911 posted:

People will probably carry on dying next year.

As a so called sapient species it's about time we did something about that. It's getting silly.

TinTower posted:

Incidentally, Wikileaks were pushing for a Brexit, due to concerns they had regarding the European Arrest Warrant.

Single issue voters :rolleyes:.

Regarde Aduck fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jul 2, 2016

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
I don't think it matters. No ones getting anything and there will be further cuts.

Regional budgets are only going to fall. It's a shame it'll take decades for the idiots here in wales to realise what they've done. There will be immediate effects. A complete stoppage of the investment the EU put in. But a lack of "new" things is hard to detect. It's only when the present features and areas begin to decay that they'll realise something is up. I just hope the natural environment remains intact and protected. It's going to be Wales's only real feature.

Regarde Aduck fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jul 2, 2016

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Berious posted:

Once we leave the single market and millions lose their jobs we could open the pits again and make people mine coal for their bennies.

:iit:

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Vengeance of Pandas posted:

I have a little sympathy for Cornwall Council after visiting their Facebook page last week, I doubt most of them voted to Leave since they were fully aware of exactly how much EU money has been invested in the area and according to them were restricted from actively campaigning but happy to provide the info to anyone who asked. Having said that they've got no loving chance, England and Wales have just effectively told the EU to gently caress off I'm not sure they have an obligation to pay a single penny of that investment money and the longer the UK continues to dick around about article 50 the less goodwill we'll have during the negotiation period, which will be focused on what best serves London and the Tory party's corporate masters anyway.

Unless the EU was just acting tough they've already said we're getting gently caress all even after article 50. They've made it clear we've hosed up and are going to be made to pay. Which is why the tories acting tough is so amusing.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
I'm choosing to believe Watson is just acting the part is and is a secret Corbyn ally. This poo poo is 11 dimensional mouse trap.

Regarde Aduck fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jul 2, 2016

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

thespaceinvader posted:

I want to believe someone in the apparent rebel camp is not a huge moron, but I'm not seeing it. If he was willing to run that deep cover, couldn't he have persuaded them not to suicide the party at the single most crucial moment since the last general election, possibly since Blair went to war in Iraq...?

My belief was purely based on hope. A notoriously unreliable resource as of late.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

OwlFancier posted:

I dunno if I would want a capybara as leader of the labour party.

100% of Capybaras have never instigated a policy of austerity.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Gorn Myson posted:

Your opinions on Doctor Who are Correct and Good, so I'll follow this up then.

Yeah don't listen to the anime hating grand dads, LOGH is one of the best sci fi series of any medium.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

How long till they all just come out and say "wow this brexit thing seems like a bad idea"?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Namtab posted:

*backflips into thread* who said anime?

Some of them said it with mean intent and i'm not best pleased.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
The problem with England is that English people are all lazy shirkers. You can't even unclog your own toilet without needing a polish guy. gently caress off.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Yes, it's complete bullshit.

Well yeah, we won't be have a financial sector much longer. Or money. Or living people. Vote EU to not die in a ditch 2017.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
I'm just concerned how utterly without explanation her statement was. Welsh people can no longer become PM? When did this happen?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
I love a charr

My chocolate chip brioches!!!!!!!!

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Petit paine? More like... lovely... bread?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Tesseraction posted:

Also, a legal case has been launched against invoking Article 50 without the consent of parliament, initially just informal discussion with parliamentary law staff but planing on a lawsuit if not satisfied https://www.theguardian.com/law/2016/jul/03/parliament-must-decide-whether-or-not-to-leave-the-eu-say-lawyers

Basic common sense. Then again this thread is against there being a debate being as any resistance of 50 is going to cause the fascist apocalypse or something. Personally I think the dumb fucks can't stay mobilised for much longer.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
He's a good welsh lad and therefor can't be PM.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Gonzo McFee posted:

Still hates them queers, though.

Oh yeah he's terrible. All his weird policies seem to be a combination of his Christian upbringing and how his mum was awesome and totally will-to-powered her way out of benefits so everyone can do it you loving shirkers.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

I thought May was way ahead in the race. This isn't good. Everything I've heard about Leadsom is that she's to the right of Hitler.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

ukle posted:

While Hitler was an epic bastard he only had a passing interest in the occult and not a close servant of the Dark Lord. If Leadsom gets in the world is completely hosed.

The occult is cool but she'll start messing with the tunnels of set and then we've got universe B all over the place.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Extreme0 posted:

This appears to be a thing.

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/post-brexit-alliance-building-with-caroline-lucas-mp-clive-lewis-mp-more-tickets-26347951432

"I almost left a wasps nest right next to gove when he was sleepin but realise that his mom already beat me to it."

It's a nice list but I doubt they have a chance.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Darth Walrus posted:

So I'm seeing a lot of dark, vague muttering about Leadsom. Apart from retweeting that one racist tweet, what makes her significantly worse than the Tory average?

The times quoted her the other day saying "I'll be the new Thatcher". That'll unite the country.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Metrication posted:

boris just backed leadsom

i have no doubt she'll win the activist's vote

Oh gently caress.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
I guess the silver lining is she will be the leader of a country in flames and will be constantly trolled by Scotland until the day they break away.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Rakosi posted:

That's a complicated way of not being able to acceptably, morally explain wanting to disenfranchise old people from voting because of the amount of years they have lived lmao.

If it helps i'll pretty openly admit they should be disenfranchised because they're terrible and stupid. If a generation of old people can prove that their brains haven't turned to mush once past 50 then they can be allowed to vote again.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
How about we abolish marriage and just have civil partnerships? The only people who seem to want them are weird straight people who want a civil partnership but need it to be some weird religious ritual.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

JFairfax posted:

Hopefully May triggers the north of England into Thatcher flashbacks

Everything I've heard about Leadsom is that she's actually worse. Both in her politics and her ability. Maybe that makes her bad at being evil and actually good? Makes you think. Or does it?

Reminder BOZZER LEGEDN and UKIP are backing Leadsom. I can't imagine the fate she has in store for the country.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
I'm only a bit hosed because I never had money to begin with. I've nothing to lose but my future. And I can't miss what I had no knowledge of. So the solution is be poor.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Chinese Gordon posted:

Also, when whatever horrifying Tory candidate wins and doesn't call an election, I hope all those Lexiters will realise just how monumentally moronic their Leave votes were. Austerity Max is about to hit and nobody will be able to stop it for 4 years. Nice one, lads.

They don't understand austerity. I am increasingly under the impression they don't make the connection between public spending and the government. I think they see the government as a bit of entertainment and something above their station like particle physics or something. They have a look when its on the front page or the news but then forget about it. When they have their welfare cut and the binmen only come once a month they don't blame the government. It's just something that happens innit. Something mysterious in the country has gone all buggerup. Probably migrants.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Aurubin posted:

So just like English cooking then? *makes gunshot noises*

We know our food is poo poo which is why we imported all these people from the colonies. Americans did kinda the same thing but pretend they invented it and also its never as good as they make out.

Proud Britishman: I am so happy all these poor indian people bought their food with them because we're dumb and boil everything lol. Good old INDIAN food.

Proud Americaman: WE INVENTED BBQ AND CHICKEN HERE IN AMERICA AND FRIES WE INVENTED THEM AS WELL AND BURGERS???? DUNNO LOL!!!!!! WOW HAVBE YOU EVER TRIED A RIB??????????

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Ugh they keep bringing up Thatcher and going on about Britain being the freest country in the world. Which is horrifying once you know what those types mean be free. They mean free to starve.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Breath Ray posted:

The right dont like jews; the left don't like Israel.

And the right pretends they're fine with Jews therefore the only racists are the left. The left is too honest to do anything other than wimper that it's totally not racist and then tries to tell you about Israeli history. By the point the average idiot is shaking his head at the bad racism and takes it out on a polish person.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Two carriers with no planes. And no nuclear reactors. Or catapults.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
The UK is a 2 carrier 0 hope country.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

dispatch_async posted:

During an official visit to Hong Kong and China the trade and investment minister has said the UK will be opening up new trading markets like the Elizabethans did

Nicely ignoring the fact that this time around we're not the big dog. Expect our laws to be changed to suit China. Maybe even our society will have to change if they demand it. A bright future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
You can't just attack world leaders because you don't like them and they happen to be not nice.

That's not how the world is supposed to work. And we're constantly told it isn't like that. So one of these things has to change.

Tony Blair MIGHT not be a war criminal but only if we now accept the premise that the world is a giant free for all and powerful countries can, at a whim, go "don't like you" and start unilateral war. On anyone. For anything.

• Locked thread