Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

ArfJason posted:

not only that but this toxic FUD is manufactured psyop, since supermechagodzilla and amethyst are still posting. disinfo cointelpro much? just what i expected of the libs larping as leftists in sa, but they won't be a problem for too long. lets just say that my guillotine is getting *awfully* lonely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

i am the bird posted:

It reminded me of the primary episode where they mapped out how Bernie was going to sweep the rest of the primary.

Bernie did sweep the primary. He just did it for biden

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Dr Christmas posted:

I’m not a fan of the bit where someone being a lazy, incompetent moron precludes people from calling them a fascist or being afraid of them.

The weekend before the election, we saw cops in NC pepper spraying a voting rally, a Biden campaign bus run off the road, and CHUD caravans blocking highways. I’m surprised we didn’t see more of it on Election Day. The NYPD has been continuously committing recreational assault on people whose politics they don’t like all week.

He's a fascist, he just has not successfully implemented fascism in America. In no way does that make him anything else

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Zhulik posted:

what the gently caress is doomposting. there no way something d&d came up with is real or even means anything

It's like heavy posting, but with slower tempos, low-tuned guitars and a much "thicker" or "heavier" sound

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Bust Rodd posted:

I distinctly remember the discourse surrounding Avatar among snooty liberal Swarthmore college brats being “chuf chuf chuf, of course all of us have already seen Dances with Wolves, as our sophisticated and worldly parents would have adequately prepared us for this! Hue hue, what a pedestrian and a racist film, hue hue hue”

I went and saw it in the theaters while visiting my girlfriend in Pittsburgh for Christmas, and afterwards was the first time she gave up the butt, so the film is inextricably linked in my mind with that most special and carnal act (butt sex, I think about butt sex whenever I think about Avatar)

niiice

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

well why not posted:

Yeah it's absolutely wrong. Definitely the sort of thing you say in conversation and then realize hours later how dumb it was. Even Star Wars has at least three films in it's "Saga" that depict slaves, rural agricultural living and a scavenger.

Cyberpunk works are lousy with poor people (Altered Carbon, Snow Crash, Neuromancer etc) as does The Expanse, Total Recall, Robocop etc etc. Not every Sci-Fi story has it (Star Trek doesn't really do it very often) but most do. Even things like Interstellar have poverty, which is surprising, as Chris Nolan seemingly can't focus his eyes on anyone who does't drive an Aston Martin.

Yeah Star trek doesn't do it often, deep space 9's sanctuary district looks like every city on the west coast in 2020

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
holy poo poo this episode is bad. do they ever stop talking about avatar?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

I wonder which cameron :swoon: film is MBS :love: fave :love:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

little munchkin posted:

sponsored-content media influencer for hillary clinton

decent username if they'll increase the character limit

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Apoplexy posted:

She's the human version of the Ship of Theseus

lol

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

Why are movies so long now? Why don't they edit them? Do people actually enjoy sitting in a theater for 3 hours? I stopped going to a lot of movies because they are too long. 90 minutes is the perfect movie length.

I think 84 minutes is perfect. 90 is allowable but the director must admit they are indulging themselves

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Bust Rodd posted:

Trevor Noah just bought a $30,000,000.00 mansion in LA and now I just wanna walk into the ocean lmao

lmao

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Fabricated posted:

I love Matt but his brain was completely broken by Bernie losing the primary- an event that I'd say most supporters knew in their heart was the likely outcome.

Like every response he and the rest of the hosts have to this stuff is "WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO!? FEEL ANXIETY??? WE CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT SO THAT'S POINTLESS!!"

Then Matt semi-regularly has mini-meltdowns when Climate Change comes up- which is something he has even less influence over because the damage is 100% already baked in and irreversible. And Will admits to breaking down in tears privately almost every time we saber-rattle with Iran for some loving reason.

Maybe they shouldn't have all have wished together on the monkey's paw to make millions doing the worlds easiest job

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Halloween Jack posted:

What's that old saw about how if the headline is a question, the answer is no?

Betteridge's law of headlines

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

miniscule12 posted:

It's My Bull My Bull and Me, it's a cuckolding podcast.

Nice, is that anything to do with cumtown, the podcast about cum?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

parliamentary_democracy.jpg

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
LMFAO that hunder biden dates (marries?) his brother beau's widow, breaks up with her, then 10 months later has a kid named beau with someone else

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

THS posted:

it would be bad if it were every episode but sometimes you want felix to aimlessly explain his gambling food pyramid for ten minutes

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
More like CRAPO trap house

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

lmao is he talking about Amber's "the dynamic of the hot daughter vs the formerly hot mom"?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Gripweed posted:

You know that action movie lady move where the woman grabs a guy's head with her thighs and then twists to break his neck? It's just gonna be her doing that to a series of antifa guys for 90 minutes.

:allears:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
They were developed from the work of autistic scientist Temple Grandin who found that squeezing livestock eased their stress. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temple_Grandin. So that's the association. The rest of the premise is as ludicrous as it sounds tho

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Clibanarius posted:

*rushes into the thread like Mouse into the mess hall of the Nebachadnezzar in The Matrix*

MANCHIN'S TANKIN' NEERA!!

lol

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
Is there any content in this episode or is it all just award show style clips after the first 5 minutes?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

a new study bible! posted:

They are executive producing the Chapo Babies series

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
Chapo Babies
Nightmares do come true
Chapo Babies
We're all in hell with youuuuu

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Seams posted:

The real Virgil was tried, convicted and killed by a secret military tribunal. The “Virgil” who hosts Bad Faith is merely a deepfake clone. You can tell because everything he says on Bad Faith has just been spliced together from his Chapo appearances.

:hmmyes:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Ok, what does PMC stand for?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Breadallelogram posted:

When was this? I've read that the current parliamentarian has been there since 2012

bush era

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...1-54e6c033207c/

it had 0 negative effects on the Rs

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

lol

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

terrorist ambulance posted:

one of the truer things that matt has said recently is, why does it have to be these exact people. if you're the guy who says publicly that you don't have to wear masks, in fact it may be harmful, even if you had good reasons for it, when the messaging turns to everyone needing to wear masks you can't be the guy to flip a loving 180 and give sermons on the importance of mask-wearing

why didn't he just resign? that he didn't - and that people don't mind, and are still putting his stupid loving face on t-shirts and coffee cups or whatever - very much speaks to the type of brain damage we all have now

:smith:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Mr Hootington posted:

This episode sucks

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Jonas Albrecht posted:

It's my turn to be the thread's conspiratorial weirdo.

It was really weird how they didn't say Matt's name at all when talking about being down a mic. Like, four years ago, if Matt Christman had missed an episode due to technical issues, they would have riffed for five minutes about him spilling gravy on his computer.

Something mighty fishy is going on here.

he's joined bad faith and isn't coming back

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

coathat posted:

The gossip girl episode was good because I was probably 20 minutes into it before I realized that it wasn’t about Gilmore Girls. Which marks me as an alpha male of extreme power.

My wife's been watching Gilmore girls recently and that show is racist, ableist, and anti-gay as hell. Very much a product of 15 years ago. It would get torn to shreds now. I sort of wonder if the writers would keep all the anti-gay humor and racial caricatures if they were writing a sitcom now or if their views have evolved

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

General Dog posted:

You can watch Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and see for yourself

Is that the one where the main character jacked off to obama? lmao

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Henchman of Santa posted:

That was Fleabag. Maisel is set in the 1950s.

Ah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
Enough of these loving movie review episodes, jfc im never gonna watch this garbage