Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

muscles like this! posted:

Holy poo poo, Sonny Bono in this weed short.

Edit: Huh, this is kind of a reasonable position for a weed short.
Goes a little far with the freakout stuff but I've seen worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Looks like they hit $3.75M so 3-D is on!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

$3.8M achieved!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

It must be a hell of a movie!

This reminds me of one of my favourite host segments:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CISRRn3wolk
I love the end when Crow's flames get bigger and he screams. I wonder if that was planned or if it was just the ping pong ball eyes went up suddenly.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Gizmoplex is yet another streaming subscription to pay for, right?
No! It is a service wherein you pay a fee to experience content over the internet!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I'm seeing ads around now on social media. That's probably bringing in some more funders.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Mantis42 posted:

The people have spoken. They demand more puppets.
:hmmyes:

I'm thinking of upping my pledge to get the 10 (or really 20 hopefully) classic episode selection. I can't justify buying the full set since I own them all on DVD, but I might do that.

Edit: I did. I'm so bad with money.

Edit 2: Also added the $15 pack from the last campaign.

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 21:37 on May 6, 2021

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Chris James 2 posted:

Ten grand away from $5.1mil :stare:
Haha just saw it go over.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Wow they got Kim Cattrall. I would have fell, pell-mell.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

The World Inferno posted:

So, I'm going to donate a hundred or so – what is the best level to pledge to atm, bang for your buck?

Very hard to follow what the rewards actually are at this point.

They're totally hitting the 5.5 mil way before end of tomorrow.
If you don't care about physical rewards the $85 digital one looks good. You can add on to it if you want more.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Chris James 2 posted:

Kickstarter page image keeping track of the progress updated with a ? past the 12-episodes goal https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mst3k/makemoremst3k/
There is a super secret $5.8M or 49k backers goal for all backers. They may reach this before the countdown tonight.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Less than $5k from $5.8M

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Got it! I can't believe how this number just keeps going up!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Dawgstar posted:

Which one was Mike's?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pybnq-S95H0&t=430s

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

:lol: this Showbiz Pizza thing is brilliant.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I'm really tempted to take my pledge out right now.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Anyone have any idea how soon people who ordered classic episodes will get those? They had a similar deal on the last one, so maybe we won't have to wait for the Gizmoplex to be up and running to get them?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

The Mads are tonight with the T-Bird Gang and a Q&A with Mike. I imagine there will be some kind of talk about the kickstarter.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Nemo2342 posted:

I really hope not. It was awkward when people brought it up last show and I’d hope people would have the good sense not to bring it up again.
I felt the same way, especially with how Trace reacted, but considering Rifftrax is supporting it by providing some bonus material for backers, I think it's a given it will come up.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Keromaru5 posted:

Throw in "Shine Your Love" and that place will be lit.
I would also add "Bop-a-Dop-a-Da-Da."

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

In case anyone thought he looked familiar the gang leader in this movie played Robert Denby in Riding with Death.
I thought I recognized him but from where eluded me.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

You know, that Deb is fiiiiiine.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

bees x1000 posted:

I love how in the second part of this pilot, they’ve already run out of things for Abby to do so she’s just sitting in a room somewhere watching the episode and commenting.
They gave it the old college try.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I'm Cherokee Jack.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

TL posted:

Devil Doll is pretty drat horny for what it's worth.
If you're into puppet abuse, sure.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Gaz-L posted:

I think I'm gonna watch the bread short tonight
Have you heard the good news about specialty bread?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Happy birthday! Sweet cake!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I remember as a kid renting Cave Dwellers with a friend and watching it at his house (although I don't think that was the title—it was probably under "The Blade Master"). We rented it sincerely because it looked like something we would like. This was pre-MST but it may be the first movie I ever made fun of while watching it.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LNS_Y90iLo

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

So is there some kind of backstory to Prince of Space? Because in the MST3K version he just kind of appears out of nowhere with no explanation.
Well, he's a bootblacker.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Diabolik900 posted:

They shouldn’t have to wait for the Gizmoplex to be done since it’s supposed to be built on top of the same platform that they’ve been using since the first Kickstarter. But they can’t make them available until they send out their rewards survey, and they need to work out a lot of details about all the rewards before they can do that, and I think Kickstarter basically only gives them one chance to do that. Last time around, the surveys were sent out about eight months after the campaign ended, and you got access to the classic episodes as soon as you filled it out. Hopefully it’ll be a shorter wait this time, but it clearly can take a while.
I was wondering about this. Your explanation makes a lot of sense. Thanks!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Also, would people itt be interested in like a streaming weekly episode riff-a-long? I think it would be fun.
I think this would be fun, especially as new episodes start showing up.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Dawgstar posted:

I’d like to announce my engagement to Johnny Walker!
I...I don't know what to say

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Mass are on tonight. I’m gonna have to wait for the link tomorrow to watch though. It’s a night of shorts so it might be good.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Gaz-L posted:

:siren:WE GOT RIFFTRAX SIGN!!:siren:

MIAMI CONNECTION is up on YouTube for free!
Oh man that one killed me and a friend of mine when we watched it. I got a Dragon Sound t-shirt because of it.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Guys! Lembach is staying in London for another few days!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Hey this blackmailer in Tormented is the bartender from The Shining!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I think there was a joke in Tormented that one of the bots made that Joel just said NO to like a parent stopping their kids from going to far and I liked that dynamic as well. In the rewatch they commented on it too.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

drrockso20 posted:

I think we all have an episode or two we obsess over, like with me and Catalina Caper and The Brute Man
Girls Town and Teenage Crimewave spring to mind for me. I have a soft spot for the juvenile delinquent 50s/60s movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Wild Rebels for me. 'Oh, biker shrapnel...Looks like Banjo exploded...' gets me everytime.
I think one of the first host segments I liked was for Wild Rebels cereal. That was a catchy tune!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp3RmcLdnYo

Crunch Fruity Rebels!

Edit: I take that back, I always thought this was season 1 and it's 2. There were definitely good ones before that.