Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

The Saddest Rhino posted:

More like imaginary horse waifu but p much

ah, Crusader Kings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

accelerationism is bad

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Antivehicular posted:

Even a crazy-rear end Nintendo manga adaptation of an SNES game couldn't take this poo poo seriously.

i haven't read the earthbound manga but if it attempts to take anything seriously it's doing the game dirty

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Slanderer posted:

Seems like a good post, I’m sure the responses were extremely normal.

hahaha yep kramering into the trans thread to tell us all what a good ally he is and point at the blatantly unsolved problem to insist that it's solved sure is good, solid posting

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Tribladeofchaos posted:

Considering he's dealing with another awful divorce and his soon to be ex-wife literally kidnapped his child I don't blame him for being not all there. He probably should have left both forums alone until after all that.

agreed. he should not have posted. but he did and continues to and banned a trans poster for disagreeing with him.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Anarchist Mae posted:

Why is it that everytime a trans person says something you seem to be there to say "nah, sound like bullshit, have a nice one"

:thunkher: :thunkher:

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Slanderer posted:

Please cite your sources and no doxxing, thanks!

you: i think this post directed at trans people is good

me, a trans person: it's not and here's why

you: (dismissive noises)

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Ariong posted:

EDIT: Since when is Ralp back?

apparently lowtax somehow brought him back to mod FYAD

he has already been demodded from FYAD

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Kazinsal posted:

Also, every post in FYAD automatically earns a sixer.

it's like slow mode in discord

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

watho posted:

the tgrs trans thread makes me feel like that subgroup of trans people on twitter who do nothing but post the most inane discourse imaginable and is really bad at respecting boundaries

im sure there are great people posting there but it gets exhausting

what exactly are you on about

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

watho posted:

Your posts loving suck

i have posted exactly four times in that thread regarding the drama so i suspect that you were baiting for someone who posts in that thread (for *some unfathomable reason :thunk:*) and lashed out without seeing whether i actually fit the bill or not

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

watho posted:

what are you on about? im saying that there are trans friendly communities that end up feeling extremely unwelcoming anyway

were you using a general "your" and not a specific "your"

because the impression that i got was that you were telling me that my posts, in particular, suck. and you're not wrong, but there were not enough of my posts, in particular, to really contribute to the environment of that thread

if you were using a general "your" then i was mistaken

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

It's one in the morning on a Saturday.

it's 11 PM on a Friday you time zone chauvinist

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

bloom posted:

Yes, funny. Maybe you don't find them to be that but some do.

Purging transphobes from fyad was obviously good but acting like they represented the entire forum is silly. ADTRW had a bunch of people perma'd for defending a gross comic with naked kids like a month ago but I don't see people calling the whole forum a den of pedos.

there are two threads in fyad right this moment dedicated to making GBS threads on CascadeBeta, the trans poster who started the snowball

the only concession they have made is to replace the actual slurs with the words "T-slur" and "R-slur" which is not a concession at all

the fact that people think transphobia has been purged from fyad is part of the problem and you will not push that that has happened without pushback

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Heath posted:

People have been calling the anime forum pedos for two decades

what relevance does this have to the documented and ongoing transphobia in fyad

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Heath posted:

In response to

It is a joke

mistook as whataboutism because it wasn't clear to me what you were responding to, my apologies

bloom posted:

That might have something to do with CascadeBeta's consistently angry posting.

she has a lot to be angry about, and regardless of whether you want to make fun of her posting you should not make fun of her or anyone else for being a member of a minority and fyadites are continuing to do that under a thin veneer of deniability and you are posting in bad faith so im going to disengage from you now. toodles

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Tiler Kiwi posted:

my advice, to laugh at things, and to be happy, in defiance of the cruelty of others and the empty nihilism of online and offline existence, is just advice, and not something i demand you follow personally if you do not want to. please do not take it personally.

it's advice trans people and, i would imagine, any other marginalized community hears and it accomplishes nothing because it places responsibility for avoiding bigotry on us, to ignore it, rather than on others, to not be bigots, and that is hosed and you are wrong and your advice is actively harmful. hth

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Spanish Manlove posted:

Yeah motherfucker, how do you like the taste of that dolphin dive

franco im curious whether you remember PMing me when i was a babby poster and offering to help me post better :shobon:

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Solice Kirsk posted:

I'm not sure what "sealioning" means, so I'm just gonna take that as my cue to go to bed. Can someone PM me and let me know if I have to tell Elephant Ambush to gently caress off in the morning please? Thank you.

i do not believe you were sealioning but here is the definition of it

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Spanish Manlove posted:

I remember, but I guarantee no one would believe you in that I actually did try to put forth effort into making things better.

it is possible that there is an irreparable divide between our personal definitions of good posting.

regardless i still appreciate that you reached out to me :tipshat:

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

sourdough posted:

Fwiw, as a non fyad poster, it really reads like making fun of CascadeBeta's posts, at least now (but lots of transphobic posts got people banned in the last couple weeks for sure). I'm not saying that in a tone policing way or anything, just like, if she'd made those posts as a Star Citizen subforum poster complaining about fyad mocking Star Citizen-obsessed people in that forum (like replace trans with star citizen in her posts), she'd be getting no sympathy as a victim of fyad bullying.

if you do not see the difference between mocking someone for something they have control over like being a Star Citizen fan and mocking someone for something they have no control over like being transgender then we have very little to say to each other, im afraid

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Heath posted:

"Bad faith" does seem to be the word of the day around here nowadays, as calling something "bad faith" appears to absolve anyone of having to respond to a point because it's simply assumed to be self-evident that the argument has no merit because the person saying it is a bad actor, or else they wouldn't have said that thing to begin with.

are you referring to a particular point that has been evaded this way that you would like answered or are you just whining because no one is obligated to engage in interaction with you

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Heath posted:

What makes you think I posted that in bad faith?

Like, sincerely. Do you honestly think I'm trying to make a hostile point here, from what I've said?

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
i would like to apologize to heath. im on a bit of a hair trigger, and it can be hard to distinguish between someone genuinely asking questions and someone acting in bad faith. having slept on it it's clear i was overreacting and heath wasn't sealioning or doing anything else wrong.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Alaois posted:

the fyad posters are just hiding in the shadows, waiting to get me

how about you shut the gently caress up trying to gaslight people

hocus has registered two alts in the past two days specifically to post transphobic poo poo in our thread

fyad is *demonstrably* harassing trans people

if i eat a probe for this whatever but im loving sick of your stupid rear end telling us what's obviously happening is not, in fact, happening

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
SWANSHEIK reporting in

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

purple death ray posted:

Mods: stop loving posting about fyad

Monkey's paw: *curls*

are you happy, LAB

are you happy with what you have wrought

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

gamingCaffeinator posted:

CHICKENCHEESECHAMPION

this makes up for everything

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
also does anyone have a link to the "bad customer service" thread where the OP was complaining that he couldn't get chopsticks at Denny's

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
SURSTRÖMMINGSCION

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Well how the gently caress am I supposed to divine the future then, wise guy

tea leaves are much more ethical

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Pastry of the Year posted:

Tasha... have a slaw dog and relax. It's New Year's Eve, no problems are getting solved tonight.

pastry, im calm. im not upset. but the situation is more severe than "no problems getting solved". lowtax is currently, actively banning people who disagree with him. this is negative progress. it needs to be discussed.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
have you looked at the lepers colony pastry? i don't blame you if you have better things to do with your new years, but this is what we're dealing with

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
imagine if that never got fixed

it's 2040 and the last device that's still logged into SA goes up for auction on eBay

it belongs to three olives

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Nuns with Guns posted:

This is going to end up like that Soviet nuclear bunker full of a million cannibal ants isn't it?

the what now

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

that's fuckin wild, thanks for the link!

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Tweak posted:

This might be the reason for the login related issues some were seeing:

will radium ever stop loving things up

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

SA's Greatest Sagas: careful that's a load-bearing slur

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

AMISH FRIED PIES posted:

does anyone have that initial announcement from last month right after this all started and FYAD and GCS was closed, where Smythe posted about how "FYAD is an important part of the forum's history and will continue to be." while not mentioning AT ALL the horrible poo poo they got closed for? It was so hilariously tone deaf, like if one kid hospitalized another at school and the announcement that went out to parents about the incident was basically "We value ALL our students here at Something Awful High School"

smythe apparently stepped down immediately after that and has not posted since

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Ariong posted:

Except that nobody is asking him to step in. The mods and admins pretty much had everything well in hand before he came along and bungled things up further, and he all but admitted as such when he reversed all the bans and handed the reigns back to them. I don't blame him for not being in a good place right now, but that's all the more reason for him to sit back and let the others handle this.

pick's doing her pick thing, there's probably no point responding

pick i like you but this may not be the time