Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
It was funny when people tried to excuse it all with "well, uh, Skylark is trans, she was ok with all the posts in the thread" and then you look at Skylark's posts in that thread and the last two pages like making fun of non-passing people and posting 4chan infographics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Miss Imp Zone but I'm not good enough at jokes to do much but lurk. did go to BBG's place a few times in real life, though, he has good taste in booze and pizza

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Crocoswine posted:

is he uh, is he like that irl

Didn't have any problems with him when I visited.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

Oh my god, seriously? These are not two posters I would never have imagined having an IRL connection.

Also you don't have to be funny to post in the IZ, you just have to like games, don't post like you're in Games, and keep the politics out of it. You'll get the hang of the humor.

My roommate played Dota 2 with him a lot and invited me to come along one day for game night, and it went good.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
still cackling at FYAD being destroyed because several posters got really into Blanchard's typology in a sincere and unironic way

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

JacquelineDempsey posted:

On his Facebook, and disgruntled exiled FYADers are latching onto it

edit: dammit, luxury handset

You can just remind FYAD that they lost half their posters for having unfunny meltdowns about trans people every time they get mad, it's funny and cool.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Paladinus posted:

I would never pay more than one video game's worth for a single food item.

Slowly starving to death since I cannot afford anything save for gum from vending machines since it all is more expensive than Bad Rats

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Thinking about the guy in my high school who got into brony poo poo and started wearing this bright baby blue jacket with one of the characters on it everywhere, and then four years later after I graduate and have a job at a company, he shows up as a temp and he's still wearing the same loving jacket he did when he was 18. incredible.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

CaptainSarcastic posted:

You're discounting the wave of manufactured "multiple identity disorder" stuff around the same time. Dissociative identity disorder is a real thing, albeit fairly rare. Carefully curated portfolios of "OC DO NOT STEAL" LARPing alters is something else entirely.

Thinking about how I've joined several spaces for mental health where people have this dumb headmates poo poo going on and you basically just have to ignore every person that does it because it's extremely obvious they're just putting names to moods they get into and it pisses off the mods if you get annoyed with it.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

the forums needs the hilarity and mirth brought unto the world by such concepts as

*talking about lunch
*a trans woman earnestly discussing why the only theory that makes sense for trans women is one made by a right wing guy who thinks anime can make you trans
*getting mad at being defeated by people with undertale and my little pony avatars

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I don't really want to start a fight either, I just think it was funny that like half the board's users got banned because they could not convincingly come up with a good reason for why transphobia was in fact very funny and got owned by people who still watch cartoons in their 30s

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I really like the chicken thing but also get incredibly sad whenever one of the poor little chicks dies so I avoid it until it's done.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

watho posted:

I think the point being made is that they’re not mocking her for being trans but because her posts loving suck and that if she posted the same way about anything else the reactions would be mostly the same

I don't really like this post since I don't particularly find anything worthwhile mocking about her posts other than that she's angry to a level that is unproductive; I'm not sure what calling lowtax an rear end in a top hat over and over again will get you since he's the one person that cannot be circumvented or removed from this site. I do feel a little isolated from the trans community in here in that I don't share a lot of interests with them and am a bit younger than a lot of posters here by a decade or so, and also I've said some lovely things about trans people I regret out of frustration with how slow my goal to pass all the time seems to be going, so I don't think it's wise for me to butt in beyond just posting my thoughts, though. I don't really gain anything from defending lowtax or from trying to calm down people who have a different perspective on this issue since I feel like it's been handled fairly ok by the admins and mods so far (compared to the last time I tried to call out a poster on there for being super transphobic, I ate a week long probation because "well she doesn't post outside FYAD, so why care?", so big improvement to see that same poster finally get something for being really awful to fellow trans people) but they don't seem to view it that way.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I am trying desperately to find this chili recipe from the Bush years internet where it's some stick figure going "LISTEN UP, gently caress NUGGET, WE'RE GONNA MAKE SOME EPIC loving CHILI HERE" and then proceeds to suggest poo poo like making your own chili powder from scratch with the same exact ingredients that are in store-bought chili powder so you can waste a half hour of your life and pouring a Budweiser into the chili because why not.

edit: also for the love of god why is QCS still locked, admins please release us from this misery, how am I to see the awful chili recipe pic that makes me mad if the FYAD poo poo is happening here and distracting from this

SunAndSpring has a new favorite as of 21:23 on Dec 28, 2019

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
you're all saints, thank you for making me pissed off about stuff I don't even eat

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Sweevo posted:

QCS should stay locked until it can be opened as a place for people to post questions, comments, and suggestions and get a straight answer, instead of yet another place where a handful of posters rush to poo poo on the OP because everything has to be a competition over who can care the least and how quickly and loudly they can tell everyone about it.

I just want it to be elsewhere, in a place that doesn't provide enjoyable content that may be disrupted.

I dunno, I think I'm just a bit soured on the place since the only time I've ever really needed QCS and wasn't just participating in stupid drama was because someone had changed my avatar to something really gross and transphobic, and I wanted to ask what could be done and sadly basically nothing could be done apart from a free avatar change from a mod since the code making up this hallowed website is the forums equivalent of a rat king, a squalid mess of verminous 1s and 0s tied together at the tail, and therefore no one can find who exactly did do the transphobic thing.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
DUCKDUKE

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I just want to complain in QCS more about the avatar change stuff needing some sort of change to it so at the very least a mod can see which person purchased an avatar change so appropriate punishments can be applied if the avatar change feature is misused (doxxing, bigotry, et cetera) and also for it to require an account since holy loving poo poo this site is so dumb

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Sestze posted:

Actually very good points, and it is something special that a group of FYAD regulars came in to shout this post down and post about neopets for five pages in an attempt to drop the conversation

Can I just learn about loving neopets lore for 10 loving seconds instead of having the same loving fight I'm sick of and stressed out by infecting every thread I go to since it constantly brings offsite perverts to trawl through the site in search of doxxable stuff or poo poo to humiliate people with.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Wasn't there a goon family that spent all their money meant to feed their children on a new PC to play World of Warcraft of all things at max settings?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Pick posted:

just kidding, I really didn't like this show. got lots of the horny gifs though. no reason.

sometimes you just wanna see Mads naked. I got tricked into watching the lovely John Wick ripoff starring him because of this

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Pick posted:

Horny
Alluring
Naked
Neighborly
Insatiable
Butt (nice!)
Arousing
Lusty

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP-UqnXSGDk

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miUv-K7YLiI

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
now that I think about it after seeing "gently caress" posted a lot on the last few pages, I feel that word really does prove that English has the best swears. No other language has such useful curse words. The closest a foreign word I know of has come to "gently caress" is the Polish "kurwa", but it's just a syllable too long.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

bell jar posted:

i wish mads mikkelsen would kiss me

come on, we can dream bigger than that.

I want mads to gently caress me senseless

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

communist kangaroo posted:

i for one found your neopets posts to be on-topic and felt they served as a delightful intermission to the posts surrounding them

all I remember from neopets is that it was bullshit and I couldn't figure it out because I was bad at the internet, but also this experience also probably helped me not fall for gacha game poo poo later in my life

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
smugly hitting ctrl-a, I delve into the deepest lore of neopets, forbidden to those too feeble to learn the powers of a keyboard

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Tiler Kiwi posted:

picks posting energy spirit:

I respect his energy in that movie of just picking a name based on what was in his line of sight as I just yanked my own username from the lyrics of a song I was listening to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Pick posted:

You're the one who was sending me like 20 harassing PMs in an hour or something you goofball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTirN4CinVo