Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

jennyinstereo posted:

I heard y'all were talking about Two Worlds so I thought I'd share. Back in 2010, I was pretty close friends with someone who I later found out talked with Ariel (Two Worlds) a lot. I assume he was part of some long con to get close to him in order to later troll the ever-loving gently caress out of him with a few other people on SA.

My friend used to like to annoy me by adding Ariel to our skype calls. He was always awkward as gently caress but seemed harmless. At one point and without my knowledge, my lovely friend convinced Ariel that I wanted to meet him and let him piss on me. He got very excited and I had to let him down very awkwardly in the next group skype call. Anyways, I don't really have any other good stories, but I still have a link to a few calls that my friend and his group of friends recorded during their group skype calls with Ariel. If anyone's interested, here they are :munch:

Holy moley.

That dude needs some serious counseling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Solice Kirsk posted:

Nope, but you just reminded me if this treasure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-uTnqYHZ-I

Wait is this not a joke?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Dumb motherfucker is an extremely accurate description of that OP.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

MikeCrotch posted:

Eripsa's previous screed was something about everyone having implants in their heads that shot marbles out when you gave something attention, and the marbles were the basis of currency, right?

Far out man.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

SirPhoebos posted:

If you ever have a week month with nothing to do, read Wiz's EU: Rome LP. I tried to participate back in the day, but just couldn't keep up. It's probably the most goons have ever gotten worked up over imaginary pixelmen that isn't Dangan Rompan.

Wiz is a Paradox dev right, or am I confusing him with someone else?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Kelp Me! posted:

Tbh now that you've actually said the word doxx I'm pretty amazed D_Smart isn't already in here smugly proclaiming how he's toeing the line but not actually doxxing anybody

It's seriously like one of those Candyman/Bloody Mary things

Derek Smart DEREK SMART DEREK SMART

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

The Star Citizen thread gets really weird when the company making their fake space game doesn't publically gently caress something up. If an extended period of time passes then the thread starts attacking itself and getting even more obsessive than usual.

That said, Derek doing the stupid thing and getting banned for it was deserved and happened months ago. The thread in general doesn't go crazy trying to doxx people all the time, not sure what that is about.

90% of it is screen shots of reddit posters imagining an alternate universe in video game form and goons laughing about it.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

There was one guy who would come in every few pages and copy paste a paragraph about how doxxing is bad and people shouldn't do it. I never saw anyone disagree.

If that is who you are talking about I think he was being probated for posting white noise, but then you could say that about the entire thread. :shrug:

I don't really keep up with it anymore.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Have Kelp Me! and that other guy hosed yet? Good lord.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

mojo1701a posted:

So they used a hidden forum to post this poo poo in? I'm a combination of :staredog: and kind of impressed.

Like, who the gently caress would think of that?

Why not just use e-mail, or skype, or any other form of communication? That's the real question.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

sneakyfrog posted:

so an alcoholic?

Cool, I can blame the job?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

sneakyfrog posted:

what else would you do.... take personal responsibility?

no way friend.

What's that?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Jesus.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Snak posted:

Maybe I didn't read far enough​, I didn't see any posts by him in the thread...

I started reading the thread at page one, but after 90 pages of his pretentious philosophizing I had to skip ahead.

Secure that poo poo, Hudson.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

I've only seen his posts in the Alien thread. He's like that in every thread? Good god.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Snak posted:

I definitely don't agree with all their opinions, but I like Gabe and Tycho. Their blog always showcases whatever games their into and they're good at taking about what they like about games and why. I've encountered several games there that would have flown under my radar otherwise. I liked their video series Fourth Panel, where it was just bullshitting and brainstorming their creative process for comics.

But honestly, I don't know why they bother making comics anymore. I'm not sure anyone cares and their comics having been anything interesting in a long time. All the other content they generate is much better. And don't forget that PAX is basically E3 but better.

My brother is good friends with them and I've had dinner with them, they seem like nice enough guys.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Paladinus posted:

Remember dick wolves? Heh.

Oh dear.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Here it is, the best post in the best thread

I was just going to post that. Holy poo poo that was good.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

exploded mummy posted:

You know what would be a good current event source?

If we took D&D and merged it with GBS

No good can come of this.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

CannonFodder posted:

Ok, does anyone else remember the Starcraft challenge?

Goon A and Goon B get in a forum argument and decide that honorable combat is the way to go forward.

Goon A "I'll kick your rear end at Starcraft"
Goon B "ok. 10 matches. If you win even 1 I'll ban myself. If I win all 10 you ban yourself"
Goon A "Agreed."

Goon B wipes out Goon A every match.

I just have no idea about the names or the rest of the drama.

Oh man, are there vods for this?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Rough Lobster posted:

Anyone got the scoop on the story of Two Worlds?

I am pretty sure it was covered earlier in the thread. Either that or there was another thread that went into it in a lot of detail, I can't remember. SAclopedia might have some links.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

cis autodrag posted:

An American Tail legit makes me cry.

They're pretty heavy.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Sagebrush posted:

the secret of nimh terrified the hell out of me as a kid and i still cannot watch it

You should give it another shot. It's dope.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Ghostlight posted:

i'm glad you guys are all happy with the friends you made along the way because that means i can finally use the dragonballs to cure my fear of women.

The show already wished for a computer to become human so a dude could gently caress it and name his daughter after his ex girlfriend. Shoot for the moon dude.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

The moon is gone, true. The point still stands.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Solice Kirsk posted:

Get beefy bitch!

Super late, but this is the best one forever.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I ate an ant once.

Bitter right?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

dee eight posted:

when anteaters are outlawed, only outlaws will eat ants

Registry for elementary school kids has been started.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

There is the patreon.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

dwarf74 posted:

I believe it's pronounced "Japanimation"

Are you an anime otaku too?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Queen Combat posted:

There are only two people on the forums: you, and three olives' alts.

What have I become?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Solice Kirsk posted:

Wasn't there a pedophile goon that ran a big online GoonSquad for some game and when his crimes went public anyone with an LLJK or GS moniker were automatically kill on site through the whole game world?

Black Desert maybe? That sounds familiar. Don't think the guy ran the guild, but he played a lot if I recall.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Don't poo poo on my fingerless posting gloves, weird discord guy.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

It's also arguable that many of us know how to do basic math.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

The pink forum is coming! The pink forum is coming!

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Two hundred posts since I checked earlier tonight and we're having the exact same conversation.

It was already posted but I was there live for the ejaculating filth hound E/N post and it was one of the funniest things I have ever seen.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

bloom posted:

It must be really exhausting to post when you have to check everyone's post histories, cross reference several offsites and ask for advice on multiple discords to figure out how sincere people are.

I just post. Hannibal was a great show.

Was someone saying it isn't a great show? :black101:

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Jesus Christ. Goons. Please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

This is the perpetual Thanksgiving Dinner argument that happens in purgatory.